Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Temple Audio Duo 34 / 2x Ext Momentary Normally Closed Soft-Touch Switches Connected via Scavenged TS Cable | 2x Barefoot Buttons 'Big Bore' Toppers / FAS EV-1 Expression Connected via 3' MonoPrice TRS Cable / FM9 / Gear by CEBA Plexi Covers / 9x Mooer Shroom Toppers / M/M XLR Module / F/M XLR Module / Studio Slips Temple Audio Duo 34 Custom Gigbag

SRqiGs5.jpg

Last edited:
Finished up my new FM9-based rig. Goal was to have the ultimate "do everything....and do it all well" board that could work on a big stage or just plugged into a crappy coffee house PA:

20220201_134630.jpg
20220201_134712.jpg20220201_134733.jpg20220201_134845.jpg20220201_134740.jpg

FM9 does most of the heavy lifting. Boss SY-200 is in Out 2. Out3 is the main guitar signal in stereo, and toggled on/off with a Control Switch so that it's not in the main signal path if I'm not looping. The SY-200, Out3 (in stereo) and an optional acoustic (from side Templeboard input) all go into the GigMix 4-1 to merge everything. GigMix and the VE-500 (mic input from side Templeboard input) go the RC-500 for looping, then back to the FM9 at In3. In3 is always on, so that everything I mentioned above can get into the FM9 even if I'm not looping.

In2 is for stereo input of my Roland Workstation, so that I can play along with sequenced tracks and everything goes out the Main Out1 L/R in stereo.

FM9 sends MIDI messages to everything per scene, so I can for example add harmony to vocals when I switch a Scene from Verse to Chorus. RC-500 handles the Tempo duties, keeping the SY-200, VE-500, and Workstation in MIDI sync.

And I have a Line 6 G10s on there for wireless.

Complicated....but the ultimate Swiss Army Knife. :)

Finished up my new FM9-based rig. Goal was to have the ultimate "do everything....and do it all well" board that could work on a big stage or just plugged into a crappy coffee house PA:

View attachment 95290
View attachment 95291View attachment 95292View attachment 95294View attachment 95293

FM9 does most of the heavy lifting. Boss SY-200 is in Out 2. Out3 is the main guitar signal in stereo, and toggled on/off with a Control Switch so that it's not in the main signal path if I'm not looping. The SY-200, Out3 (in stereo) and an optional acoustic (from side Templeboard input) all go into the GigMix 4-1 to merge everything. GigMix and the VE-500 (mic input from side Templeboard input) go the RC-500 for looping, then back to the FM9 at In3. In3 is always on, so that everything I mentioned above can get into the FM9 even if I'm not looping.

In2 is for stereo input of my Roland Workstation, so that I can play along with sequenced tracks and everything goes out the Main Out1 L/R in stereo.

FM9 sends MIDI messages to everything per scene, so I can for example add harmony to vocals when I switch a Scene from Verse to Chorus. RC-500 handles the Tempo duties, keeping the SY-200, VE-500, and Workstation in MIDI sync.

And I have a Line 6 G10s on there for wireless.

Complicated....but the ultimate Swiss Army Knife. :)
Great rig!
A few questions. Why did you go with the FM9 instead of the FM3? Just curious.
Also, how does this travel? Something with wheels or do you have to carry it? Does it have a cover?
Nice job really. I think I might have to do something like this.

Great rig!
A few questions. Why did you go with the FM9 instead of the FM3? Just curious.
Also, how does this travel? Something with wheels or do you have to carry it? Does it have a cover?
Nice job really. I think I might have to do something like this.

THANKS!

I was coming from a Helix (Rack, then Floor, then back to Rack) so I was used to the extra footswitches and absolutely needed the extra I//O.

Its a Templeboard Trio 28. So I have a Gator TSA 30x20x8 case for it. Fits great width-wise and gives me extra space depth-wise for a folding guitar stand, mic stand, and cables. Height-wise it's perfect and nothing bounces around. It's heavy, but the case has those nice ergonomic handles that makes it easier. I still might add-on wheels for a little more ease.

So really all I need to take to a gig (with a PA already present) is the case and a double guitar case with whatever 2 guitars I want to use that gig. If I'm doing synth duty as well...then I also bring a Roland FA-06 and stand for that. But all connections go into the board. So I don't need to harass the sound person with lines for my board, mic, synth, etc. Just stereo feed from the FM9 and done. I handle all the mixing on my side. :)

THANKS!

I was coming from a Helix (Rack, then Floor, then back to Rack) so I was used to the extra footswitches and absolutely needed the extra I//O.

Its a Templeboard Trio 28. So I have a Gator TSA 30x20x8 case for it. Fits great width-wise and gives me extra space depth-wise for a folding guitar stand, mic stand, and cables. Height-wise it's perfect and nothing bounces around. It's heavy, but the case has those nice ergonomic handles that makes it easier. I still might add-on wheels for a little more ease.

So really all I need to take to a gig (with a PA already present) is the case and a double guitar case with whatever 2 guitars I want to use that gig. If I'm doing synth duty as well...then I also bring a Roland FA-06 and stand for that. But all connections go into the board. So I don't need to harass the sound person with lines for my board, mic, synth, etc. Just stereo feed from the FM9 and done. I handle all the mixing on my side. :)
Really love this and thank you for writing back! Sorry to bother you more but do you have some pictures of how it looks when you are ready to go? Just trying to get an idea. I have a similar set up (not as nice;)) but the board is not all set up. I have to take it out of the rolling case hand then have to set it up. I am hoping to find something that I can plop down, all set up, and then put back into the travel case and away I go. I too use a dual guitar gig bag and right now it all is very manageable but does need more set up when I get to the show.

I decided against mounting things to a board and just keep things simple. Depending on the gig I’ll run the FM9 into a Friedman ASM12, or use a SD170 with a Marshall 1960BV 412 cab.

Attachments

• 5984D658-4F7F-43D3-A45D-76D034738BF2.jpeg
    5984D658-4F7F-43D3-A45D-76D034738BF2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 200
  • 30A3DE60-A4AE-4A32-A38B-9B1E44722E7A.jpeg
    30A3DE60-A4AE-4A32-A38B-9B1E44722E7A.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 197
Really love this and thank you for writing back! Sorry to bother you more but do you have some pictures of how it looks when you are ready to go? Just trying to get an idea. I have a similar set up (not as nice;)) but the board is not all set up. I have to take it out of the rolling case hand then have to set it up. I am hoping to find something that I can plop down, all set up, and then put back into the travel case and away I go. I too use a dual guitar gig bag and right now it all is very manageable but does need more set up when I get to the show.

Sorry not sure what you mean by "ready to go". And thank you for the compliments. I'm sure some people will say it's too much, or "buttons too close together", etc. But it 100% works for me. It's pretty....but more importantly its extremely functional and usable.

Sorry not sure what you mean by "ready to go". And thank you for the compliments. I'm sure some people will say it's too much, or "buttons too close together", etc. But it 100% works for me. It's pretty....but more importantly its extremely functional and usable.
Yes there's no way I could use those expression pedals like that. What size shoe you wearing when using that thing?

Yes there's no way I could use those expression pedals like that. What size shoe you wearing when using that thing?

Lol I have big feet...it just works. I don't use Wah a lot, so they really are volume swell pedals for the main signal and SY-200. For the few times I'm using them, it's fine.

I am thinking about putting some stomp buttons on the FM9 switches, just to "raise" the height of them a tiny bit. But I haven't NEEDED to yet.

Nice rig @davealloway2001. How difficult was it to integrate the Boss SY-200? I have mine but haven't got it setup with my FM9 yet....
Honestly not too tough. Biggest issue is that I would have loved ONE more dedicated "loop" like Out/In 3. I had to use Out 2 (which is XLR only) going to the SY-200...so that meant an XLR > TS cable. And I wanted an angles XLR so it wasn't sticking out the back of the FM9 too much. Then its TS out of SY to the GigMix. It's a mono unit, so it's just panned center.

I feed Out 2 directly from In 1 so it gets cleaner signal for note tracking (which the Boss units are really good at, even full chords).

And since the FM9 MIDI out is going to all of the Boss units, I didnt need to access the SYs switches - hence why its crammed where it is. Anything the switches could do, I control with FM9 Control Switches or Scene MIDI.

Back
Top Bottom