• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Let's see those FM9 rigs!

jetdriver1775

Inspired
Pedaltrain classic 2 that I used for my AX8 for 4 years. I don’t really use a wah that often and have never used it as a volume so I just went without it right now to go to my Shure wireless.

Patch panel on front is a bracket from BTPA with connections I made. I’ve always preferred a panel to keep it cleaner and to save the ports on the unit too.

I’ve tried larger boards and feel like a 28” x 12” would be the perfect size. I have a JR Max that I used for my fm3+fm6 board plus expression and wireless and it was just so heavy and cumbersome and really took up a lot of space on smaller bar stages.

I went back and forth on doing the metro 24 backpack everyone’s getting but my rig gets tossed in a trailer a lot and the pack for this can be handled by techs and I wouldn’t think twice about it.
View attachment 91761View attachment 91760
This is really cool. Can you elaborate on your in/outs a bit more? Power in is a standard extension cord, or IEC? How is the wires powered? Thanks!

Vhalen50

Experienced
This is really cool. Can you elaborate on your in/outs a bit more? Power in is a standard extension cord, or IEC? How is the wires powered? Thanks!
It’s a pedal power plus 2 from voodoo labs mounted below. It had a full size “courtesy outlet” that I run a short right angle IEC cable to the fm9. Then I have a powercon d size panel connector wired to a IEC cable. If you aren’t comfortable with making up these, involves taking an existing cable, cut it, expose the leads and crimp on connectors to attach to the power con connector, there are companies that will make them. But that plugs into the power in of the voodoo labs.

So when I insert and turn the powercon cable, it sends power to the voodoo lab which then sends power to the fm9 via courtesy outlet and power to my GLX wireless via barrel connector off it.

Greg Ferguson

Fractal Fanatic
Is that the Temple soft case? What's the quality?
I have one for the Duo 24. With the FM3+FC6 or the FM9 alone, the bag got really tight when I had cables in the pocket, to the point I expect a zipper to fail.

The material quality is… ok. I much prefer my Studio Slips bags but I spec'd those for the gear without the board underneath so I can travel lighter.

unix-guy

Legend!
I have one for the Duo 24. With the FM3+FC6 or the FM9 alone, the bag got really tight when I had cables in the pocket, to the point I expect a zipper to fail.

The material quality is… ok. I much prefer my Studio Slips bags but I spec'd those for the gear without the board underneath so I can travel lighter.
Thanks... I ended up getting a Pelican Vault V870 case.

I can put both Temple Duo 24 and Duo 17 in it, it's very protective and not too expensive plus has built-in wheels.

So I can either take my FM-9 board and expression pedal board or my FC-12 board and (the same) expression pedal board in one case... Although I expect the Axe Fx III and FC-12 are officially retired from gigs as of now ;)

LizzyD

Inspired
IMG_0755.JPG
It's hard to call this a "rig" since it's just the FM9 sitting on a stage at its first gig the other night...but there it is, looking fabulous while our singer enraptures the crowd.

I really admire all the folks creating awesome beautifully wired up pedalboards with LED lights, switches, patch panels and stuff. But for me, the whole point of the FM9 is to NOT have or need anything else since this thing just does it all. (Except the wireless or course...) Anything else just adds size and weight which I don't want.

Then the 12-Step MIDI controller is hooked up to my MacBook which runs my keyboard rig off to the right. For triggering a sample or two here and there. It's a low enough profile that I can have my foot on the floor and hit FM9 switches without touching the 12-Step. So that's my fancy lights "rig". :D

View attachment 91902
It's hard to call this a "rig" since it's just the FM9 sitting on a stage at its first gig the other night...but there it is, looking fabulous while our singer enraptures the crowd.

I really admire all the folks creating awesome beautifully wired up pedalboards with LED lights, switches, patch panels and stuff. But for me, the whole point of the FM9 is to NOT have or need anything else since this thing just does it all. (Except the wireless or course...) Anything else just adds size and weight which I don't want.

Then the 12-Step MIDI controller is hooked up to my MacBook which runs my keyboard rig off to the right. For triggering a sample or two here and there. It's a low enough profile that I can have my foot on the floor and hit FM9 switches without touching the 12-Step. So that's my fancy lights "rig". :D
Go Cougs!

What venue is that? Spokane?

bleujazz3

Experienced
Is anyone removing the feet and side bumpers to velcro it to a board? I just did this on a board build and have the vent mostly exposed since it says not to block the fan on the bottom.

Before & After, End Rubber Feet Removed, FM9 with four corner ⅜" 6/40 gun screws:
80WhaIv.jpg

1UezLL4.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom