Let's see those FM9 rigs!

15457389-273E-40AC-B8E1-5DF4947DB0B4.jpg

Real basic here. But sounds awesome.

And I tested all the wiring and built out the sliding shelf of pedals using my FM9. Output 3 on the FM9 does unity gain at maximum output which makes it perfect for using with pedals in a switchable loop. I had a Control Switch assigned to toggle a MUX so I could move from the loop of pedals to no loop while I was setting the levels on the pedals themselves so they'd maintain a consistent volume across the chain.

View attachment 89566
You probably already know this, but I'd like to mention it just in case for anyone who doesn't:

You can simplify the loop on/off by just having Out3 connect to In3 on your main row and having the control switch toggle In3 on/off. No need for the shunts and Mplex block. Anything between Out3 and In3 (I'll refer to it as internal loop) can't pass thru unless In3 is bypassed, allowing In3 to toggle between external/internal loops.

I do this for pedals in the loop of my AFX3 and for some of my 4CM patches on the FM3 when I feel like using amp models instead of my Victory V40's preamp w/o creating separate presets. Those presets would have Out2->Amp block->In2. A ctrl switch would toggle between V40/amp model by bypassing In2. Since 1 core is dedicated to amp block, it never hurts to add one in 4CM presets. That way you can still use the same preset for both 4CM and playing through FRFR/ headphones.

This inspired me to buy a 'Temple Board' as well. I ended up going with the 'TRIO 43' though because I have (3) Mission EP-1 Pedals and I didn't want them to be too close too one another. Although, after looking at this picture again, perhaps I need to put a tape mark at the 34" mark and see if I could comfortably fit it all on a 'DUO 34'. The space savings would be appreciated for sure. I did purchase one of the IEC Micro Modules and I'm no realizing that getting the power cable through the cable holes in the board won't be possible unless I replace the plug on one end or the other, otherwise I'm gonna have to modify the board to accommodate. Sweet board though man! Thanks for the inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom