Let's see those FM3 rigs!

How do you power something with the FasLink?
Basically connect the faslink output to a regular XLR cable but instead of the xlr plug you cut it off and solder a normal 9v connector to it. It gives 12v so inside my 3d printed midi controller housing is a buck converter to convert the 12v to 5v so it powers the esp32 safely. Saw WKSmith do it here in this thread on page 73. He gave an explanation on page 74

Happy to answer any questions about my FM3/FC-6 rig!

Attachments

• IMG_2407.jpg
    IMG_2407.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_2408.jpg
    IMG_2408.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2409.jpg
    IMG_2409.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2410.JPG
    IMG_2410.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_2411.JPG
    IMG_2411.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2412.JPG
    IMG_2412.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2413.JPG
    IMG_2413.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2415.JPG
    IMG_2415.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2416.JPG
    IMG_2416.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 217
Hi guys, after some analogue years (and an AX8 as a mobile unit for rehearsals) I'm back in the Fractal family with an FM3 board. I use it in the loop of two full stacks in the rehearsal room and it sounds MASSIVE. I can't decide if my Bogner Ecstasy or this thing through the loop of it sounds better... Volume and Whawha are analogue, don't know why but it makes me happy. The 4 additional buttons provide everything I need. Once my FM9 waiting list mail gets in it will be a tough decision as this board fits perfectly in the case and it's so light weight...

Attachments

• IMG_3797.jpg
    IMG_3797.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
  • IMG_3799.jpg
    IMG_3799.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 246
Hi guys, after some analogue years (and an AX8 as a mobile unit for rehearsals) I'm back in the Fractal family with an FM3 board. I use it in the loop of two full stacks in the rehearsal room and it sounds MASSIVE. I can't decide if my Bogner Ecstasy or this thing through the loop of it sounds better... Volume and Whawha are analogue, don't know why but it makes me happy. The 4 additional buttons provide everything I need. Once my FM9 waiting list mail gets in it will be a tough decision as this board fits perfectly in the case and it's so light weight...
That’s a great looking rig! What board and case are you using?

Another party interested in that case and board...

Yet another incarnation. For my purposes (mostly teaching in my home studio), I wanted to be able to access more stuff on the fly - so I added a Dunlop mini volume, Crybaby mini wah, and EHX Pitchfork. This way I can use them with any stock or custom preset. I have a Strymon Big Sky after the FM3 into a Pigtronix Infinity 2 which goes out to power monitor.View attachment 88517
What pedaltrain board is that?

Back
Top Bottom