Let's see those FM3 rigs!

View attachment 88623
Here's the current setup. Cabling is a mess as I'm still figuring out what I want to do this go around. I just got an FC6 as well, so the MC6 might be replaced. I like the size of the MC6, but I haven't had the best luck with Midi. I run the Comp and drives before the Fm3 as I use the loop out to feed an on stage monitor. We go stereo to house. I wish there was a way to use the loop for the drives and still have a monitor out, but, oh well!
What do you use the dual switch for?

Built my gigrig yesterday 🤘🏻 Peli 1600 case, Temple Audio duo 17 and IEC splitter underneath the board. Still need to make spots for wireless bodypacks. Total weight 12,9kg 😀
One preset per song, max. 3 scenes per preset and mission switch for preset inc/dec and hold tuner.
44F1C273-726A-487D-B390-C424F7145808.jpegI

View attachment 88598

Finally took a day to get my new desk put together and reorganize my recording setup. Biggest
win was getting this L-shaped desk so I don't have the back of my mixer's I/O inaccessible and
against a wall. I hate that. Now I can route shit like drums, vocals, ISO cab, and any mic'd up amps
in an instant. Easy peasy! Also getting the CPU away from the Monitor has totally eliminated ALL
noise and interference. What a difference. Wow! Massive improvement. I have the Kali's cranked and
there is not even the slightest hint of any kind of hiss. Love it!
What's the black box on your desk?

Long time heavy-weight pedalboard guy here! My new setup (since december) - clean, small and simple.
EHX 720, SD Power Stage 170, EV1, FM3 (with CEBA case) and a custom build switcher (by the awesome dude of LOOPERWERK) to control both the EHX720 and FM3 (preset and view up/down) - everything packed on a Temple Audio 24 and into a Pelicase 1605 air (perfect fit!).
SquarePlugs, Mooer Mushroom topper, Rockboard MIDI Cable, angled USB cable and a few ports on the side :)

View attachment 81670

View attachment 81671

View attachment 81672

View attachment 81673
That is super tidy. Great job.
Did you buy Temple PUNCHED PLATE module and populate with what, and from where? Any images of the underside and left side modules you can share? On right side, what is the module to the left of the XLRs?

That is super tidy. Great job.
Did you buy Temple PUNCHED PLATE module and populate with what, and from where? Any images of the underside and left side modules you can share? On right side, what is the module to the left of the XLRs?

Thanks! And yes: Punch plates with:

Here's my final iteration...

Gokko/Soyan 12" X 18" aluminum pedalboard.

TC Mic Mechanic (vocal).

Behringer IEM Headphone Amp (wired backup for our wireless IEM’s, i.e. no worries about location interferences).

Mosky Dual Footswitch.

Ceba Screen Protectors.

Mooer Footswitch Toppers.

Mono Club 2.0 Case

Custom Patchbay (to save the FM3's connectors from people tripping on cables on blacked out stages).

The whole pedalboard complete with cheap case, DIY patchbay and cabling cost around $100, including clockable XLR's and right-angle MIDI connectors, D-Series punched project box, plus the D-Series 5-Pin DINs and XLR connectors, and the D-Series1/4" connector.

The FM3's FAS Link connector is powering the TC Mic Mechanic and Behringer Heaphone Amp.

FC Setup...

FC1 tap controls the Ableton LIVE Looper Plugin's Play button, and hold the FM3's Tuner.
FC2 tap controls the Ableton LIVE Session Loop button, and hold the Ableton LIVE Looper Plugin's Undo button.
FC3 tap switches Delay FX, and hold selects the Auto-Wah.

The Mosky Dual Switch 1 tap increments Scenes, and hold decrements Scenes.
The Mosky Dual Switch 2 tap selects Pitch FX.

Everything else including the vast majority of Scene changes and cross-fades is automated.

Thanks again to FAS for making the FM3 not only sound good, but also making it be so versatile routing and controller-wise!

Last edited:
DSC_0385_3.JPG
Switched from a HX stomp to the FM3 a few months ago, and love it so far!

Using the FAS link output to power my midi controller, esp32 with some switches. I use it to turn pages on my tablet, switch scenes, tap tempo and turn the tuner on and off on the FM3.
Using a line6 Powercab in FRFR mode to monitor, want to see if this can be upgraded to something better.

Back
Top Bottom