Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Question for anyone who might know...

Will the Temple Audio Duo 24 fit a FC12 and EV-1 together? The width of the FC12 and EV-1 is almost 24" with the EV-1 snug up against the FC12.

Could someone measure the width of the Duo 24 and provide info about the working surface, vs. the actual length?

Last edited:
I need to take a new picture with the replacement Headrush 108 they sent me after I opened the one on the right and found the speaker grille dented in. The FM3 is living very happily on my recording desk for the time being.

This is a super and duper fun setup.

pCF9aoJ.jpg

Question for anyone who might know...

Will the Temple Audio Duo 24 fit a FC12 and EV-1 together? The width of the FC12 and EV-1 is almost 24" with the EV-1 snug up against the FC12.

Could someone measure the width of the Duo 24 and provide info about the working surface, vs. the actual length?
I get around 590mm working surface. I can get an FC6, 2 x EV2's and a Mission EP-1 on there plus a couple of other bits on there. You won't get an EV-1 on there. Maybe an EV-2 but it's still pretty snug.

I hope that helps.EV-1.pngEV-2.pngIMG_1043.jpeg

That's so tidy I almost want to put my FC6 on a board like that. Very nice.
Thank you! This is my Axe III board, I did have an FC12 board which was on a Temple duo 34 and looked pretty much the same but I ended up doing a swap with Sukh at Zenrigs for his FC6 which is now on my duo 34 board along with my FM3.

I'm actually thinking about breaking up the FM3 board again and putting it on a separate pedalboard by itself. I just had a feeling that the FM3 is gonna get messed up at a gig and someone is gonna spill beer all over it. I think it would be safer behind me like the Axe would be. And that way I'd just use my main FC6 board for both the Axe and the FM3. I might even buy an FC12 again. I've realised I'm missing it lol.

I've not long put the FM3 on that board along with the FC6. I must be crazy lol.

I get around 590mm working surface. I can get an FC6, 2 x EV2's and a Mission EP-1 on there plus a couple of other bits on there. You won't get an EV-1 on there. Maybe an EV-2 but it's still pretty snug.

I hope that helps.
Thanks Paul,

I might need to downgrade my EV-1s to EV-2s, or upgrade the Duo 24 to a Duo 34, and fit both EV-1 pedals on that with room to spare. That may need to be the way things roll, because I'm not sure my FC12/EV-1 could work with my 2nd EV-1 attached directly to the FM3 without causing some FM3 Edit issues.

Last edited:
I might need to downgrade my EV-1s to EV-2s, or upgrade the Duo 24 to a Duo 34, and fit both EV-1 pedals on that with room to spare. That may need to be the way things roll, because I'm not sure my FC12/EV-1 could work with my 2nd EV-1 attached directly to the FM3 without causing some FM3 Edit issues.
I'd go for the Duo 34 to be honest and have both EV-1's on there. At least you know it will all fit without any problems. I guess it depends what functions your other EV1 is programmed to do connected to your FM3. It shouldn't affect it though as they are plugged into different inputs on the FC and FM3.

I think I'm gonna get an FC12 again and break up my FM3 board and use the Duo 34 to mount the FC12 on like I did previously. The more I think about it, the FM3 will be better on its own smaller board. You don't appreciate what you have until its gone lol.

Why do you think you’d have FM3 Edit issues with that setup? I’d think it would work fine.

None of this will cause FM3-Edit issues. Why would you think that would be the case?

I'd go for the Duo 34 to be honest and have both EV-1's on there. At least you know it will all fit without any problems. I guess it depends what functions your other EV1 is programmed to do connected to your FM3. It shouldn't affect it though as they are plugged into different inputs on the FC and FM3.

I think I'm gonna get an FC12 again and break up my FM3 board and use the Duo 34 to mount the FC12 on like I did previously. The more I think about it, the FM3 will be better on its own smaller board. You don't appreciate what you have until its gone lol.

That was my feeling as well. The FM3 can enjoy its own space on a Duo 17 board, while the FC12 and 2x EV-1s will fit onto a Duo 34.

Why do you think you’d have FM3 Edit issues with that setup? I’d think it would work fine.

None of this will cause FM3-Edit issues. Why would you think that would be the case?

@Deadpool_25 & @iaresee,

TBH, I wasn't sure if FM3 Edit would allow use of EV-1s connected to the FC12 and FM3, without causing some sort of routing issue within FM3 Edit. It won't matter in my case; both EV-1s will be connected to the FC12 on a Duo 34 board.

I'll also likely invest in a short length XLR cable for FASlink, like @Megahertzz did with his board...

EDIT: Doh! Already got one!

Last edited:
That was my feeling as well. The FM3 can enjoy its own space on a Duo 17 board, while the FC12 and 2x EV-1s will fit onto a Duo 34.

@Deadpool_25 & @iaresee,
TBH, I wasn't sure if FM3 Edit would allow use of EV-1s connected to the FC12 and FM3, without causing some sort of routing issue within FM3 Edit. It won't matter in my case; the EV-1s will both be connected to the FC12 on a Duo 34 board.

I'll also likely invest in a short length XLR cable for FASlink, like @Megahertzz did with his board...

Definitely a Duo 17 will do the job to put the FM3 on. I might add a PowerStage 170 as well which I don't think will fit on the Duo 17 with the FM3. I'll have to get another Duo 24.

Did anyone manage to fit a Power stage 170 and FM3 on a Duo 17?

Last edited:

@Deadpool_25 & @iaresee,
TBH, I wasn't sure if FM3 Edit would allow use of EV-1s connected to the FC12 and FM3, without causing some sort of routing issue within FM3 Edit. It won't matter in my case; the EV-1s will both be connected to the FC12 on a Duo 34 board.

Gotcha. Yeah no worries since you’re not using it that way anyway, but it wouldn’t be a problem to use expression pedals through both the FC and FM3 at the same time. It’s designed to do so.

Definitely a Duo 17 will do the job to put the FM3 on. I might add a PowerStage 170 as well which I don't think will fit on the Duo 17 with the FM3. I'll have to get another Duo 24.

Did anyone manage to fit a Power stage 170 and FM3 on a Duo 17?

I've personally not tried this; I prefer HeadRush 2x FRFR108s...you might need a Trio board or salvage a Duo 24 board for use with the PowerStage...

Gotcha. Yeah no worries since you’re not using it that way anyway, but it wouldn’t be a problem to use expression pedals through both the FC and FM3 at the same time. It’s designed to do so.

Thank you.

I've looked at FM3 Edit several times and tried accessing my FC12 at the same time with the FM3. It's required to select either the FM3 or FC12; both layouts won't appear in the same physical space. My hope is to tweak the FM3 so as to access certain parameters, but cannot say if this will be successful or not. College try ahead.

As a side note, I believe the key regards either FC12 or FM3 is to delineate what connection port the EV-1s are routed through...it may be a moot point that both the FM3 & FC12 are used, just so the correct port in FM3 Edit effects blocks are selected.

Last edited:

@Deadpool_25 & @iaresee,
TBH, I wasn't sure if FM3 Edit would allow use of EV-1s connected to the FC12 and FM3, without causing some sort of routing issue within FM3 Edit. It won't matter in my case; both EV-1s will be connected to the FC12 on a Duo 34 board.

FM3-Edit doesn't care. Just set in the hardware what the pedals are mapped to at any input they're connected to and it's all fine.

Last edited:
FM3-Edit doesn't care. Just set in the hardware what the pedals are mapped to at any input their connected to and it's all fine.

I realized that; the FC12 is routed to the FM3 via FASlink...the "destination" isn't the question, just that the 2 are connected and send signal to and from.

I've been adjusting this board, and finally have it set up in a semi-permanent configuration. I think.

It's built on a Temple Audio Duo 24. Their 4X Mod is on the right front panel.

It's configured with port #1 going to the FM3 input via a short piece of Bill L's pedal board cable and two of the right-angle plugs. The plugs fit through the large holes on the board. Port #2 and #3 are the volume pedal and wah respectively, both are FAS EV-2 and are configured to be disabled when toe down. The connecting TRS cables are some generic ones from Amazon. All cables are locked down with cable-ties.

The XLR between the FC-6 and FM3 is a '10" Low-Profile XLR-3 Adjustable Angle cable' from Redding Audio.

The Out 1 connectors route under the board to the Temple Audio XLR mod on the trailing left panel. The power is on the left front micro panel and is Temple Audio's IEC mod. I cut the power cable, threaded it through the board, then soldered it back together with extra heat-shrink tubing. Wire ties keep it immobile so I'm not worried about it wearing from vibration, shorting out, and spouting flames.

Originally I used long nylon wire ties, because I wanted to be able to remove the FM3 and FC6 easily, but the ties would slip off when I carried the board in its bag. After thinking about it a while I decided to try using 3M Dual Lock (SJ3560) between Temple Audio's large pedal plates and the units. I cut the Dual Lock into 6x3" strips, then stuck three to the plate's adhesive pad so they were adhesive to adhesive, then pressed three of the strips crossways, then positioned them on the board and placed the units above them to figure out their final locations where the pads would fit just inside the feet on the unit and it sat level on the board. When I was happy I lifted the unit off, then screwed the plates down, peeled off the backing for the top layers of Dual Lock and carefully put the unit back down and pressed it against the adhesive. After letting it sit for a couple minutes I unscrewed the plates, lifted the unit off, turned it over and pressed the plate firmly against the bottom to make sure it had a good grip, then reattached it to the board and screwed the plates back down.

There are multiple types of Dual Lock, and you can mix and match them, depending on what pull strength you want. The SJ3560 version has wavy lines across it, and is clear. Their product page talks about the combinations they recommend, but be warned because their top level is REALLY hard to take apart. I have to use a long flat-head screwdriver to pry apart the stuff I used.

I was concerned the plate might be pulled away from the bottom of the FM3 or FC-6 but the two layers of Dual Lock are the right thickness to fill the gap. I can lift the entire board by the attached FM3 or FC6, there's absolutely no wiggle, and I can easily remove them by undoing the thumbscrews.

I carry it all in the Duo 24 travel bag for local outings.

IMG_0782.png

The only thing I'd like to change is to use a locking TS jack, but I tried two different ones and they both added a LOT of noise. I might get one that isn't a straight through design and solder directly to the terminals, but shielding that will be an interesting exercise.

Last edited:
Viewing all these boards has caused me a quandary. I've been busy thinking how to put 2 EV-1s and an FC12 on one board, with my FM3 on a separate board. The Temple Audio boards look neat, and when put together correctly, produce good results.

My only issue is that I get a little cranky when I don't finish what I had prepared and set out to do. (Read: Poor attempt at humor, do not laugh. LOL.)

I've got money set aside for this project, but am wondering if a homebuilt 2x4 and plywood board with Temple accessories wouldn't be more cost-effective, if not slightly heavier?

In past years, my carpenter brother and I built a pedalboard riser from 2x4s, 1x3s and ply. Sanded, stained and sealed it. Was hoping to ask a friend (or my brother) to help with the routing and assembly of the two new boards.

In your view, would it be more wise to try the homebuilt, or just pay for the TA boards and accessories and build these?

Back
Top Bottom