Let's see those FM3 rigs!

So I finally got around to playing the FM3. I ran it through the power amp of my JVM 410JS into a 2x12 cab. I started at a preset in the 300’s and worked my way down. I got lost in the sound of the Intelligent ARP for 30 minutes or so. Good stuff! I thought I read somewhere that some of the presets aren’t optimized for certain set ups and vice versa and I could hear distinct tonal and volume differences between certain patches but when I got to this patch I was literally floored by how good and accurate it sounded 😍😎 playing Ain’t Talkin Bout Love and I stopped for the evening on a high note lol.

Attachments

• 9680BA8C-9F0F-4C0B-996B-D942B78A698E.jpeg
    9680BA8C-9F0F-4C0B-996B-D942B78A698E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 139
tempImagefHpS1A.jpg
tempImageOipFBi.jpg
tempImagekJlaJQ.jpg
Built myself a new pedalboard so I could fit the EV2, wireless and Mosky switch onboard. Total cost of materials (not including tools) was right around $50. Fits in a Gator GK-2110 with a few gig essentials (wireless and IEM belt packs/batteries, Hercules EZ Pack guitar stand, IEMs, vocal mic). Super compact and relatively light compared to previous setups.

Ok. It’s still a work in progress but I’m feeling like this will be a very giggable rig. I have decided not to mount things to a board so that I can get away with a smaller carrying case. I have a diy 2-button switch and an old wah (my first) that I converted into an expression pedal.

5A38A088-589B-412F-9110-C0E9629242DE.jpeg

This feeds a PS700 that I am going to mount in an old Sunn 1-12 combo cab. Might try something else to power this but for now it’s sounding pretty good. The cab is loaded with an FX12-200. I might add a reflex port but I worry that it might get too bassy.

F8290CE9-C659-42CE-A7B3-76C28B41F709.jpeg

Here is the travel case. We sell these at my business. They are actually meant for camera lenses but when I saw how well the FM3 fit in there, I was all over it.

30DAB2D6-A14C-4D12-A0E2-C8935EC3D2DF.jpeg

13C4C620-FE42-4E67-9991-636FAD707E26.jpeg

Attachments

• 43CB2924-8F9B-4C63-8474-B49F5617E321.jpeg
    43CB2924-8F9B-4C63-8474-B49F5617E321.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 19
Ok. It’s still a work in progress but I’m feeling like this will be a very giggable rig. I have decided not to mount things to a board so that I can get away with a smaller carrying case. I have a diy 2-button switch and an old wah (my first) that I converted into an expression pedal.

View attachment 83645

This feeds a PS700 that I am going to mount in an old Sunn 1-12 combo cab. Might try something else to power this but for now it’s sounding pretty good. The cab is loaded with an FX12-200. I might add a reflex port but I worry that it might get too bassy.

View attachment 83651

Here is the travel case. We sell these at my business. They are actually meant for camera lenses but when I saw how well the FM3 fit in there, I was all over it.

View attachment 83647

View attachment 83648
Nice! A sweet, simple rig.

Hi guys,

I hope you are all good. Update to my FM3 board. I decided to mount both the FM3 and FC6 together. I just figured it was easier to keep them both together.

Swapped my FC12 with Sukh of Zenrigs for his FC6 and some extra Zenrig goodies. I have a separate FC6 board for my Axe III rig also. Never thought I'd be able to just use the FC6 but I just really like using it. Thanks again Sukh I hope you're enjoying the FC12.

All mounted with Sukh's Uni and glow risers. Zen guard protection system on both the FC6 and FM3. Powercon, XLR, USB and 1/4" tails all mounted on the side of my Temple Audio Duo 34 for OUT 1L and R, OUT 2L and R and USB. On the other side I have another 1/4" tail for guitar in.

Finally rehearsing with the band next week and first time using the FM3 in a live situation. It's gonna be strange having everything on the floor near me after using the Axe for so long. I'm sure I'll get used to it though. Using the OMG9 layouts for the first time as well, which makes everything really easy to use. I'll still be taking the Axe out for gigs too!

Anyway here's some pics for you all enjoy!

IMG_0951.jpegIMG_0952.jpegIMG_0953.jpegIMG_0954.jpegIMG_0955.jpegIMG_0956.jpeg

Hi guys,

I hope you are all good. Update to my FM3 board. I decided to mount both the FM3 and FC6 together. I just figured it was easier to keep them both together.

Swapped my FC12 with Sukh of Zenrigs for his FC6 and some extra Zenrig goodies. I have a separate FC6 board for my Axe III rig also. Never thought I'd be able to just use the FC6 but I just really like using it. Thanks again Sukh I hope you're enjoying the FC12.

All mounted with Sukh's Uni and glow risers. Zen guard protection system on both the FC6 and FM3. Powercon, XLR, USB and 1/4" tails all mounted on the side of my Temple Audio Duo 34 for OUT 1L and R, OUT 2L and R and USB. On the other side I have another 1/4" tail for guitar in.

Finally rehearsing with the band next week and first time using the FM3 in a live situation. It's gonna be strange having everything on the floor near me after using the Axe for so long. I'm sure I'll get used to it though. Using the OMG9 layouts for the first time as well, which makes everything really easy to use. I'll still be taking the Axe out for gigs too!

Anyway here's some pics for you all enjoy!

View attachment 83689View attachment 83690View attachment 83691View attachment 83692View attachment 83693View attachment 83694
Beautiful looking board and set up. Question: how did you mount those large circular through holes on your Temple board to allow an IEC plug through the board?

Beautiful looking board and set up. Question: how did you mount those large circular through holes on your Temple board to allow an IEC plug through the board?
Thank you I appreciate it!

I just drilled out the holes on the temple board a little so the connector fitted through and I bought some rubber grommets from Ebay and they clip themselves in. There's a very small gap in between the grommet and it's just big enough to fit the thickness of the board. I had to apply a little pressure to put them in but they did manage to fit in.

Happy with the way it all fitted in the end. I did want to put another EV-2 on the board but there wasn't enough room unfortunately. I'll just keep one off the board if I ever need it.

Hope that helps.

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh. Last night I got to sit in with some friends and took the FM3+FC6. They called up another friend to sing, who then spent the next 30 minutes stomping around the stage right next to the FM3. By the end he'd stepped on the guitar cord at the input, unplugging it mid-song, then stepped on the FASLink breaking the XLR connector and I was about to push him off the stage. I was afraid he'd broken the socket itself inside the FM3, but the FC6 powered right up when I used a different XLR cable.

Now I'm totally rethinking my light-weight travel FM3+FC6 rig and am going to armor it. I'm looking at the Temple Audio Duo 24 so I can fit the units side-by-side, but would really like to find something that could protect all the connections on the back of the unit. I know I can run everything to the modules on the side, but the connections themselves on the back are still exposed.

I looked at the Nux Bumblebee (Large) but it doesn't look like there'd be enough room to put one of the bars across the back and it's not wide enough for both units.

I was thinking of asking if Temple Audio would sell a bunch of their handles that I could mount across the back, but I wondered if anyone else had thoughts about it. Has anyone got a way of putting a bar over the back area to deflect stomping feet?
Take it to a new thread. This one is for showing off the final product you come up with.

NBD. My forey into an FM3 bass rig. Still VERY much a work in progress (i.e. my getting comfortable with). <-Topics perhaps for another thread.

I need to come with a way to better consolidate the POwer for the Line-6 Wireless and the FM3. Ideally, would like to have some sort of small power strip that I can fit in between the top/bottom rails in the back.

Attachments

• FM3 Rig.jpg
    FM3 Rig.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom