Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Yeah, if the latency on the FM3 bugs me I’ll more than likely get a Drop. I used the Drop side of the Whammy DT and I could still sense the slightest of latency but while playing the song it didn’t bother me one bit. We shall see/hear on the FM3 lol

Definitely try it with tracking around 3 and if there is still a bit of latency change it from poly to mono. It does have an effect on tone but nothing I can detect in a band mix

Really? I'm 'feeling' it just the other way around. No latency (whatsoever) for the Drop, and some on the FM3. But hey: if it works for you: great! less pedals = better!

Same here. My motivation for using it as well is to free up some DSP for other FX.

Definitely try it with tracking around 3 and if there is still a bit of latency change it from poly to mono. It does have an effect on tone but nothing I can detect in a band mix
For one song we play, Seal ‘Crazy’ cover by Talisman, I play chords....poly...and lead guitar in F# chord patterns (dropped to Eb) while the rest of the band play in F standard tuning. Don‘t think I can do it in mono. Idk....?

Just looped to FM3 with StompMix4, Stereo L and R from FM3 Out2 -> MicroPitch -> GFI Tempus and another Stereo from StageBro 2000 for Guitar Backing Track MP3 files( 16Gb ).... 8 Scenes and preset UP/DOWN controlled by MIDI Commander...So FM3's CPU has much rooms...

Attachments

• IMG_0567.JPG
    IMG_0567.JPG
    529.8 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0568.JPG
    517.8 KB · Views: 267
FM3 Round 2
Using HX Stomp for Poly Capo & to "Expand my DSP Power"
Took some Setup but works Great using Amp Switch Next to the Stomp for Pitch -1 or -2
Using Toe Switch on Mission SP-1 to Enable Input2 Enabling the HX Stomp Loop
Using CS1 thru CS6 to Send Midi Messages to HX Stomp to Toggle Effects On/Off

FM3b.jpg

FM3d.jpg

FM3a.jpg

Love that setup @Kruegmeister! Crazy flexibility and security in a reasonably small footprint. So many possibilities! BTW ... what model Redplate is that? I've been itching for one for some time.

Love that setup @Kruegmeister! Crazy flexibility and security in a reasonably small footprint. So many possibilities! BTW ... what model Redplate is that? I've been itching for one for some time.

RedPlate is the BluesMachine (not the 66 version), it has a Fender Clean Channel that goes from Black to Brown to Tweed & the Drive Channel is Dumblish from what I read. Quite Flexible for everything south of Really Heavy Stuff. I intend to profile it whenever I get a Quad Cortex, I Ordered very late (April) Cortex will likely be something I fiddle with... as this setup FM3+Stomp gives me mega flexib

Reactions: Den
Just finished mine and I'm super happy with it. I'm primarily a 4cm user with my Mesas. The drive pedals, Stowaway + Suhr midi unit are powered by a Trutone C6 underneath. I'm also using one of their courtesy outlet Y-cables so there's only one power cord. The Mosky dual switch (thanks to this forum for finding out about it :)) is hold for tuner on the left and tap tempo on the right. Also thank you @Bakerman for the info about setting up 4cm without using Output 1/XLR, super helpful! 🍻

I have a Ceba cover coming, at which point the screen covers will come off. ;)

AAB08BBF-56DD-4629-BDCF-A5897E1785E1.jpeg

More info on my rig:

Board: Temple Audio Duo 24

On top:
1. Line 6 relay G70 wireless reciever
2. Dunlop Volume X (for expression switch)
3. Darkglass Hyperluminal Compressor (amazing compressor by the way...)I am primarily a bassist, and this is normally used for bass. But it can be plugged in to computer and changed to guitar mode or bass mode. It is a hybrid anolog/digital compressor. Very cool gear.
4. Zoom momementay footswitch. For quick mute/tune. Nothing special, just one I already had laying around.

Underneath:
1. Furman AC215 power conditioner
2. Generic LED strip off Amazon. USB powered.
3. USB power hub. It powers my wireless, compressor, led lights, and provides 5v USB power to my side panel. Note: I use a USB 5v to normal barrel type 9v converter cable to get the proper voltage to the compressor pedal. (Works great, and no noise)

Side panel:
1. Temple Audio power module. It feeds AC power to the Furman. Allows me to plug one IEC power cable on side and turn everything on with one switch.
2. USB port. Provides 5v power only. For charging my iPad. I usually set it next to my board with setlist and notes.
3. One xlr port. I have this routed to my Left (Main) output on the FM3. That way my FM3 XLR port doesn’t get the wear and tear of XLR going in and out after everytime I move it. I only do a mono feed normally. 99% of time I just run mono to FOH.

All cables were assembled/soldered by me. I bought supplies at Redco.com.

Also, here is a shot from the underside.
View attachment 65730
How did you connect the FM3 to the board?

Big thanks to @Sharka for the recommendations. My temple board is a lot cleaner now. Still need to add a USB module and possible change the power cord to right angle, but otherwise I’m pretty set!

Attachments

• 0E22566C-BB3A-4319-81D6-05D0973DD9A5.jpeg
    0E22566C-BB3A-4319-81D6-05D0973DD9A5.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 159
  • B74FE2D5-8178-46E5-992E-BD8D837C5960.jpeg
    B74FE2D5-8178-46E5-992E-BD8D837C5960.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 158
This is my recently finished project. Power, Output 1 and USB on the left side, and FASlink on the right side. Only missing a decent USB-cable to avoid having to plug anything directly into the FM3. Next up is getting a Duo 17 for my FC6 and additional Mission pedal.

2021-05-03 16.47.09.jpg
2021-05-03 16.47.57.jpg
2021-05-03 16.48.19.jpg
2021-05-03 16.49.15.jpg

Back
Top Bottom