Let's see those FM3 rigs!

This is my DIY FM3 rig!
I added a 6-way MIDI switch that I once built to match my AX8. The midi switch switches the first 6 scenes of a preset and is based on an Arduino Nano (I copied the code from @Piing , because I actually have no idea about programming!)

Since I wanted to keep Out 2 free, I constructed the small box behind the EV-5 pedal - it turns the headphone output into two potential-free balanced / unbalanced outputs (I installed two line level studio transformers in the box). But I can also bypass the transformer with the switch.

There is also a headphone jack on the top, when I plug in the headphones, the line output is muted.

And then there is a TRS jack on the side for my Music Man JP6 guitar. The socket splits the normal pickups with the piezo bridge and the signals then land on In1 for mag and the piezo on In2-L.

There is also a double foot switch in the form of the FM3.
The lower switch is a button with which "Hold" calls up the tuner and "Tap" can be assigned to a control switch.
The upper switch is a normal 2-pole toggle switch, with which I usually switch the EV-5 pedal between volume and wah-wah control and through the LED I always know which function is currently switched to. (the LED is fed by a 9V block)

The monitor is a NOVA KD-12, which is equipped with a 12" coax speaker and a 3-channel mixer and is controlled by my transformer-box mentioned above. So I still have the XLR sockets of the FM3 free for the PA und can use In2R/Out2 for additional settings.

View attachment 78031View attachment 78032View attachment 78033View attachment 78034
Would love a little info on the dual switch please

This is the latest iteration of my board with some killer additions: The Duellist and the Gladio. I'm really happy with the tones, response and feel of the FM3 amp models when combining these fantastic pedals in the Fx loop. I don't use the drive block on the FM3 anymore which allows me to set a higher quality of the reverb block and keep CPU usage under 85%.

Signal chain: Guitars>JHS AB switch>One Control Loop switch Volume/Expression>Dunlop DVP4mini>MC404CAE wah>Dunlop Fuzz Face mini Jimi Hendrix>FM3 inst input>FX loop before the amp block (Tumnus Dlx>JHS Bonsai>Duellist>Gladio)>output in stereo. Rockstock dual switch for tuner, tap tempo and summon the Master Layout on the FM3.

IMG_20210202_175028.jpg
IMG_20210202_172524.jpg
IMG_20210202_172929.jpgIMG_20210202_174105.jpgIMG_20210202_173955.jpg

Would love a little info on the dual switch please
@Sach
The "CS3" labeled switch is a momentary switch, so i can use it for Tap and Hold, the "CS4" labeled switch is a normal two pole latching switch. Both switches are soldered to a TRS switch which is connected to the "pedal 2" Jack of the FM3. The free contact on the CS4 switch was used to switch an LED to identify the state of the switch, e.g. whether the pedal is in the 'Vol' or 'Wah' state.

@Sach
The "CS3" labeled switch is a momentary switch, so i can use it for Tap and Hold, the "CS4" labeled switch is a normal two pole latching switch. Both switches are soldered to a TRS switch which is connected to the "pedal 2" Jack of the FM3. The free contact on the CS4 switch was used to switch an LED to identify the state of the switch, e.g. whether the pedal is in the 'Vol' or 'Wah' state.
Thank you , I’m looking to find out if you built this or bought it from somewhere. I have a small dual switch I was using with a boss ms3 that works great but it doesn’t look right with the FM3 . I appreciate you explaining this 🙏🏾🙏🏾

View attachment 77127
View attachment 77128
View attachment 77129
I am still getting my rig set up but found these inexpensive and reasonable screen protectors I wanted to share. 3.5" x5" clear magnetic photo frames. (please excuse the messy room, lol) You can see that 3.5 x 5.5 would be ideal to cover from the left rail to the right buttons; and or for better magnet placement. As far as the magnets effecting the screen, we'll have to see, no issues so far after a couple of days. Both sides have magnets so you get two protectors for $9. I was worried they were too thick but there is plenty of room to turn the knobs even with my fat fingers.

You can see that the magnets all have cracking around them, I reported this to the seller and they took them down and are investigating them. Here is another one; there are at least a dozen sellers of these from $9 to $50.

I am content with this for now; better than nothing and isn't too janky ;)

Here's an Amazon link to a similar item:
Amazon product ASIN B07CWQD62C
This very accessible screen protection is a must have. It's my only fear; a belt or a jack cable end or anything gliding out of your hand and breaking the screen, or anything moving in the bag...thanks for the idea.

Thank you , I’m looking to find out if you built this or bought it from somewhere. I have a small dual switch I was using with a boss ms3 that works great but it doesn’t look right with the FM3 . I appreciate you explaining this 🙏🏾🙏🏾

I build it myself from 6mm plywood. In the sides are vents that the fm3 gets air and Its mounted to the baseplate with velcro.

Just got my TRIO 28.

How I plan to arrange it.

I have a FC-12 which I’ll carry separately in case I need elaborate options. As of now simple clean, rhythm and lead does it for me.

image.jpg

I have an incoming FM3/FC6, and will use at least 1Expression pedal.
I dont want to use a pedalboard if I can avoid it (just to keep the weight below 40 lb).
What I have in mind is to get a gear back pack, and load the above with a few cables and smart (hopefully)
use of foam rubber padding to keep things settled and stable in transit. I'm thinking, +/- 35ish lb altogether would be a
target for backpack loaded with FM3/FC6/Cables/Setlist and all properly padded and secure.
Is that attainable? What packs do you all recommend that would do this job?

Sj

This is the latest iteration of my board with some killer additions: The Duellist and the Gladio. I'm really happy with the tones, response and feel of the FM3 amp models when combining these fantastic pedals in the Fx loop. I don't use the drive block on the FM3 anymore which allows me to set a higher quality of the reverb block and keep CPU usage under 85%.

Signal chain: Guitars>JHS AB switch>One Control Loop switch Volume/Expression>Dunlop DVP4mini>MC404CAE wah>Dunlop Fuzz Face mini Jimi Hendrix>FM3 inst input>FX loop before the amp block (Tumnus Dlx>JHS Bonsai>Duellist>Gladio)>output in stereo. Rockstock dual switch for tuner, tap tempo and summon the Master Layout on the FM3.

View attachment 78112
View attachment 78114
View attachment 78116View attachment 78117View attachment 78118
What cabling is that? Very nice BTW!

To anyone who mounted the FM3 to a Temple Audio board with M3.5 X 16MM screws, if you ordered them on line, where did you find them? I'm not having much luck and when I thought I found them, I ended up with the wrong size. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom