Let's see those FM3 rigs!

So I got my FM3 on last tuesday and this is my home rig wich is pretty fast and easy to just move to pedalboard some day when the live shows start again 🔥 now my ”pedalboard” is on rack drawer. I’m running signal from Line 6 G50 to FM3 and thru s/pdif and output 2 to RME Fireface.101DD6BB-134A-44DC-BCF2-A82CA4E8BB06.jpeg

Last edited:
Decided to remove the lights and use the back for more useful bits....

Attachments

• 57553FBA-7226-47FE-B33B-E9C970751C6E.jpeg
    57553FBA-7226-47FE-B33B-E9C970751C6E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 164
  • 2D2F9386-B8CE-4230-96C7-958BEB4D0F73.jpeg
    2D2F9386-B8CE-4230-96C7-958BEB4D0F73.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 162
  • 0FCB6F40-5297-47D5-9506-E8D5B56657D6.jpeg
    0FCB6F40-5297-47D5-9506-E8D5B56657D6.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 163
A lot of people have a small dual switch on their boards. Can somebody explain what you use it for? Some sort of midi message to switch layouts?
Mine is currently set up tap tempo / tuner on one switch and amp boost toggle / looper layout on the other. Research stand in switches for more info!

This is my DIY FM3 rig!
I added a 6-way MIDI switch that I once built to match my AX8. The midi switch switches the first 6 scenes of a preset and is based on an Arduino Nano (I copied the code from @Piing , because I actually have no idea about programming!)

Since I wanted to keep Out 2 free, I constructed the small box behind the EV-5 pedal - it turns the headphone output into two potential-free balanced / unbalanced outputs (I installed two line level studio transformers in the box). But I can also bypass the transformer with the switch.

There is also a headphone jack on the top, when I plug in the headphones, the line output is muted.

And then there is a TRS jack on the side for my Music Man JP6 guitar. The socket splits the normal pickups with the piezo bridge and the signals then land on In1 for mag and the piezo on In2-L.

There is also a double foot switch in the form of the FM3.
The lower switch is a button with which "Hold" calls up the tuner and "Tap" can be assigned to a control switch.
The upper switch is a normal 2-pole toggle switch, with which I usually switch the EV-5 pedal between volume and wah-wah control and through the LED I always know which function is currently switched to. (the LED is fed by a 9V block)

The monitor is a NOVA KD-12, which is equipped with a 12" coax speaker and a 3-channel mixer and is controlled by my transformer-box mentioned above. So I still have the XLR sockets of the FM3 free for the PA und can use In2R/Out2 for additional settings.

IMG_3296.jpgIMG_3295.jpgIMG_3297.jpgIMG_3298.jpg

A lot of people have a small dual switch on their boards. Can somebody explain what you use it for? Some sort of midi message to switch layouts?
Hello, it's not yet labelled. The project is to have in perform mode the right switch toggle between Wah/Vol for the expression pedal and the other switch Preset Up scrolling. I make very limited use of hold functions in order to limit time lag for switching functions. Also in the heat of the action the risk of accidentally launch a Hold function is too big for me.
Using only 6 presets mainly due to 4 types of instruments this works out fine for me.
1) Strat (2 presets)
2) P90 Tele type or HB LP type (2 presets)
3) Acoustic jumbo or resonator (1 preset)
4) Lap Steel (1 preset)

So the FM3 buttons mainly serve for scene management with what I named a "scene select page" containing one hold function to switch to a "looper page" (and back). As I don't spend my life tuning my guitars I action that function manually from the FM3 functional button up right when I need it. Maybe I'll alter that for the day I need to play with a lumbago going on ;-)

It's not midi. They are connected to the Switch Jack on the FM3 (or FC) so they can be used to control built-in functions.

Nux bumble bee board owners,has anyone tried to fit a Matrix 1000 1unit in the bag?
Im wondering if there's room for the matrix with the nux board on top

The monitor is a NOVA KD-12, which is equipped with a 12" coax speaker and a 3-channel mixer and is controlled by my transformer-box mentioned above. So I still have the XLR sockets of the FM3 free for the PA und can use In2R/Out2 forView attachment 78034

These pre-built RCA with the thin cable look like a breakable cheapo. Make sure you always carry a spare, or build a solid one 🚩

Back
Top Bottom