Let's see those FM3 rigs!

I just realized I have an old cable from Best-tronics that is 5 to 7 pin midi with the power end (from my AxeII/MFC days). I can simply change the power end to an xlr and shorten. Thanks!

@brianv4

You're welcome. That's exactly what I did. Used the cable I used from the AxeII/MFC days .... keep in mind that power over 7 pin MIDI was generally assumed to be AC so the polarity of the the FASLink tap-in should be irrelevant.

Hope all works out for you.

Nice rig. I'm thinking of getting that Mission pedal to use as volume/Wah, are you happy with it? It looks killer.
Big fan. I have a few. A spring loaded standard metal one. And the Kemper green one. This aero one is 1/2 the weight. I do wish there was a way to control 2 options at the same time with the switch. It has 3 outputs. 2 expression outputs and a 3rd that sends the switch status.

I am going to build my own framed in B grade plywood with stained maple hardwood stand. Will post when finished. Going to build it for FM3, FC6 and space below for volume/wah pedal and expansion pedals if desired in future. I own a few PRS guitars and would like to match the wood instead of the tech look of most boards that are metal/plastic.

I am going to build my own framed in B grade plywood with stained maple hardwood stand. Will post when finished. Going to build it for FM3, FC6 and space below for volume/wah pedal and expansion pedals if desired in future. I own a few PRS guitars and would like to match the wood instead of the tech look of most boards that are metal/plastic.
It can be the first pedalboard with f-holes 😀

moved to a Classic Jr Max Pedaltrain. Using a y splitter powercon cable for a IEC to the FM3 and a standard Edison plug for the shure wireless. Saves weight not using a vodoo lab power supply under there for one thing.
View attachment 77381View attachment 77382View attachment 77383View attachment 77384View attachment 77385View attachment 77386
Can the sp-2 expression pedal switch between Pedal 1 or Pedal 2 by pressing the nail?
I hope the expression pedal can be like the expression pedal of the gt-100, 1, volume. Step on it, 2, wah or other
This text comes from a translation software, I don’t know if you can understand it, thank you

Can the sp-2 expression pedal switch between Pedal 1 or Pedal 2 by pressing the nail?
I hope the expression pedal can be like the expression pedal of the gt-100, 1, volume. Step on it, 2, wah or other
This text comes from a translation software, I don’t know if you can understand it, thank you
Nope. I wish. The helix did that too.

Nope. I wish. The helix did that too.
There is a way to program that in. I use a mission SP-1. I am writing this from memory, so I apologize if I don’t have it exact, but say you want a volume and wah pedal to switch at the toe switch. I set the external expression 1 to control both with the modifiers, and set the switch to turn on the wah and turn off the volume, and vice versa. I am thinking that I have the expression set to my output block volume, but it could just be a volume block too, though the exact steps and blocks are not coming to me at the moment... I will look at it tomorrow and post the actual settings. Regardless, you could use this methodology to control any two different modifiers with the single expression pedal.

There is a way to program that in. I use a mission SP-1. I am writing this from memory, so I apologize if I don’t have it exact, but say you want a volume and wah pedal to switch at the toe switch. I set the external expression 1 to control both with the modifiers, and set the switch to turn on the wah and turn off the volume, and vice versa. I am thinking that I have the expression set to my output block volume, but it could just be a volume block too, though the exact steps and blocks are not coming to me at the moment... I will look at it tomorrow and post the actual settings. Regardless, you could use this methodology to control any two different modifiers with the single expression pedal.
But wouldnt any other effect be pushed to the max until you engage the switch? Like if you had it for delay swells or volume, youd had to max the delay swell to switch to volume.

But wouldnt any other effect be pushed to the max until you engage the switch? Like if you had it for delay swells or volume, youd had to max the delay swell to switch to volume.
Setup an external switch or a switch on the FC instead of the switch in your exp pedal

Correct, but the original question was if the Exp pedal could control switch between pedal 1 and 2 by pressing the toe switch.
I realize that, and the answer is yes. I believe the concern was regarding a volume jump when utilizing that switch, provided the pedal is not fully toe down before switching (which would cause things to go full tilt). In that case, use a different switch.

Back
Top Bottom