Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Hmm I'm not sure about the FC12 but I don't see why he can't make one? Sticky tap? I don't really know what that is but just like the protector on your FM3, it uses magnets.

No worries I’ll send Chad an email. Meant to say Sticky tape. The old ones use a double sided tape I believe.

Should I get a power conditioner for the FM3 to place in on the pedalboard? or a power strip should suffice?

Finally had a real gig! The FM3 did not disappoint! Worked flawlessly through four sets, and the tone was awesome. Out 1 goes to the split which feeds front of house and ears. Out 2 goes to the Mission Gemini 2 FRFR.
The versatility of this rig is unbelievable! Thank you Fractal!3C701DF5-50F3-45D3-B567-9E66183A07DD.jpeg
D4B7230D-85FB-4E15-B277-EC83FA95D0D2.jpeg3A8BAF5D-4EDA-411D-B9AF-B30A5E9CD3DF.jpeg

So first of all, i bought the FM3 for it’s portability (obviously?) but wanted to add some functions to the already amazing unit.

1. AirStep from Xsonic, all beacuse of Leon Todd. It controls the patches up and down, i then switch scenes on the FM3.
It also controls our multitrack system live, and my ipad... and syncs the digital backdrop to the multitrack system. And it also turns on my coffee machine (no joke).

2. Boss expression, big footprint, awesome!

3. Everything on a heavily moded pedaltrain Jr Classic. With some additional midi in and out jacks, and relay jacks.
it also has a input jack that switches automatically between wireless or wired, so if the wireless dies i just plug the cable in with no need to re-route the cables.

All this in a small peli-style case.
a real workhorse

cheeers!

2857EAE2-026E-481F-A3F9-CD6A3BE10763.jpeg5034F58C-E713-4CDE-930B-64C043232E7C.jpegB4388096-74B7-485F-9111-AB546EAFB98C.jpeg11588859-E6F3-4635-A1F2-A09F1F20DB1A.jpeg74020537-7A67-4D7D-A3D6-4BA4632C7B2F.jpegCA1B5917-AA25-404A-86D5-28C27AB5BCD5.jpeg

My current live setup:

View attachment 73778

View attachment 73786

View attachment 73783

View attachment 73784

View attachment 73785

FM3
MX-12 3x4
Mission Engineering SP-1
Roland EV-5
Xvive U2 wireless

Notice that all is powered by one power cable.
MX gets power (and Midi IN/OUT) from the FM3 using a VF-cable
MX is customized. The Midi Out component is not soldered (this is not needed since all Midi In and Out data is going thru the V-link). This gap is used to connect a USB-cable to 5V on the MX motherboard. This USB-cable has a female USB-A connector. On the connector I can easily connect any normal USB-cable. The Xvive U2 is connected this way to get power.

View attachment 73779

Setup:

MX-12
Button 1-5: Presets from clean to mean. Press-and-hold gives me another 5 presets.
Button 6: Chorus / Tremolo (press-and-hold). When tremolo is used, SP-1 controls speed.
Button 7: Drive
Button 8: Delay
Button 9: Toggle between Scene 5/1. Scene 5 is a Plex Delay, Delay channel C and Reverb channel D.
Press-and-hold: Toggle between AMP1 ch A+CAB1 ch A and AMP1 ch D + CAB1 ch D.
Button 10: Phaser/Flanger (press-and-hold).
Chorus/Tremolo/Phaser/Flanger are all in one group, which means that only one can be active. All other will be set to OFF.
Button 11: Drive Channel Select (next channel: A=green - B=red - C=Blue - D=purple).
Press-and-hold: Pitch. When Pitch is used, SP-1 controls pitch (whammy).
Button 12: Delay Channel Select (next channel: A=green - B=red - C=Blue - D=purple).
Press-and-hold: Page B (bank up/down, amp1+cab1 A/B/C/D, looper functions).

FM3
Button 1 & 2: Toggle between Scene 1/2 & 3/4
Button 3: Tempo and Tuner (press-and-hold)

Mission Engineering SP-1
Connected to MX-12 EXP1 & 2.
EXP1: Wah frequency.
EXP2: Switch between Wah and Vol. In case of Volume, then EXP1 = Volume
If Tremolo (Button 6) or Pitch (Button 11) are selected on the MX-12, EXP1 will control Speed/Pitch.

Roland EV-5
Connected to the FM3.
Used to go from a rhythm to a solo sound. External Modifiers on
Amp1 - Input Boost
Amp1 - Boost Level
Delay2 - Input Gain
Delay1 - Input Gain (from max to min)
Mix1 to mix between PEQ1 (rhythm) and PEQ2 (solo with +3dB)

View attachment 73782

View attachment 73791

View attachment 73792
Warwick Keyboard Bag
Arnt we supposed to leave the vent unblocked? @Admin M@ @FractalAudio

So first of all, i bought the FM3 for it’s portability (obviously?) but wanted to add some functions to the already amazing unit.

1. AirStep from Xsonic, all beacuse of Leon Todd. It controls the patches up and down, i then switch scenes on the FM3.
It also controls our multitrack system live, and my ipad... and syncs the digital backdrop to the multitrack system. And it also turns on my coffee machine (no joke).

2. Boss expression, big footprint, awesome!

3. Everything on a heavily moded pedaltrain Jr Classic. With some additional midi in and out jacks, and relay jacks.
it also has a input jack that switches automatically between wireless or wired, so if the wireless dies i just plug the cable in with no need to re-route the cables.

All this in a small peli-style case.
a real workhorse

cheeers!

View attachment 74208View attachment 74209View attachment 74210View attachment 74211View attachment 74212View attachment 74213

That midi controller looks awesome. I saw the LT vid on it too. But midi is just one more thing I don't really want to learn/deal with as cool as it seems. Between learning a DAW & the FM3, that's enough new tricks for an old analog dog like me.

That midi controller looks awesome. I saw the LT vid on it too. But midi is just one more thing I don't really want to learn/deal with as cool as it seems. Between learning a DAW & the FM3, that's enough new tricks for an old analog dog like me.
Haha. Im with ya. I just want to play and I’m a midiot and just don’t get it. One day.

Haha. Im with ya. I just want to play and I’m a midiot and just don’t get it. One day.

Haha!
Well, don’t become good at it, then you have to help all your friends with it! 😉

Here's what I have right now. I'm sure I'll redo it at some point or at least make it a bit more tidy, but so far I think it's pretty functional.

A few mods I made that might be of interest, are:
  • I like the VPJr for the throw and feel, so I swapped out the pot there for 10K ones and converted them to expression pedals.
  • The Shure wireless is powered via the faslink as I see several others are doing.
  • The pedalboard itself is an upside down Pedaltrain classic 2 that I had lying around. I prefer the flatter layout and the "riser" kind of functions as a protective rail + convenient handgrip now. This layout also makes for a lower profile board to pack.
  • Added a little angled extension cord for the headphone jack since the rail is in the way X-D

View attachment 73710
View attachment 73711View attachment 73712
What are you using for the attachments? Dual lock or just velcro - especially the shure wireless?

Nice! I just got and MC3 as well. My FM3 will be here next week. Was programming the MC3 to work with the FM3 difficult?
The programming of the MC3 is so easy via the webbased editor from Morningstar. I really haven't had any time to do some deeper programming, but I think it's gonna be as easy. On Youtube there are several guides for programming the mc6 and this applies to the mc3 as well. Good luck :)

How did you have the input jack switch between your wireless and wired?

How did you have the input jack switch between your wireless and wired?

If you're good with soldering this should be an easy task!
It's called a neutrik Switching jack, I will upload a YouTube-video on how to make them but basically you connect two sources to one jack, one is on when nothing is plugged in to it (wireless) and when you plug in a cable it hard-bypasses the wireless connection.

Did you remove the rubber from the FM3 for the dual lock tape?
Yes I did that to maximize my horizontal space. It's easy to remove the rubber protectors and to put them back on. It's also possible to keep them on while still mounting the fm3 on the board if losing a bit of space on the board is fine.

Back
Top Bottom