Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Boring, yet effective
Super light!
This is perfect for a nice compact setup! This is what I'm hoping to do. Got my dual footswitch and expression pedal ready. Now just to wait for my FM3 invite..... lol

What pedalboard are you using there? It looks like it's the perfect size.

My Temple Audio board is complete (except for the mains micro module which should arrive in october as it as out of stock at the moment)
As I found a configuration of the FM 3 that is perfect for my needs in terms of flexibility in tone shaping and gain structure I wanna share it with you :)
The three footswitches of the FM 3 are in the following configuration:

Footswitch 1:

Switching between the first four scenes

Footswitch 2:

Switching between Marshall-Ampmodels preset and Fender-Ampmodels preset

Footswitch 3:

Switch to

Vox/boutique-style ampmodel preset

I use the Marshall-Ampmodels preset, the Fender-Ampmodels preset and the Vox and boutiquestyle-Ampmodels preset as „banks“ and loaded four different amp blocks per scene.

So for the Marshall-Ampmodels preset I have the following four ampmodels loaded:
  1. JTM 45
  2. JCM 800
  3. Superlead
  4. JVM orange channel
The fender-ampmodels preset has these ampmodels on scene 1 to 4:
  1. Fender Deluxe Reverb
  2. Dumble ODS 100 clean
  3. Fender Vibroking
  4. Fender Tweed Deluxe
The Vox/boutique-style ampmodel preset is in progress, I will choose another four ampmodels for four scenes.

Each block is copied from the Austin Buddys Goldpack and slightly tweaked to my needs and has a cleanish up to slightly driven gain level (increases with every scene and ampmodel per preset).

In every preset I set the two dual-footswitches (manufacturer is Looperwerk, handbuilt with high quality components: https://looperwerk.de/shop/Home) to do the following:

Dual-footswitch 1 (left side): Brightswitch on/off and FAT-switch on/off (within the amp block)
Dual-footswitch 2 (right side): input boost on/off and saturation switch on/off (within the amp block)

I also use a Looperwerk volume switch (black pedal with the fenderstyle creme barel knob)
that can decrease the overall output and set the high frequencies by engaging or can be used as a A/B box with gain and frequency compensation between two different kind of guitars.

In this configuration I have maximum flexibility of tone and gainlevel and is absolutely intuitive to work with :)
I prefer to increase the gain within an ampmodel instead of using a drive block to keep the natural amp sound in every situation.

One last thing:

I set the holdfunction of footswitch 3 of the FM 3 to toggle between reverb A and reverb B in every preset and
in every preset reverb A is a small room reverb with 6 % which makes the reverb melt together with the natural room reverb of the rehearsal room but slightly widens the sound so that you do not even realise that it is a reverb ;-) and reverb B is a medium spring reverb with 6 % mix for some bluesy kind of spring reverb sound.

I really love this configuration and the Fractal Audio is used as a passive volume pedal at the moment and not as an expression pedal.

Greetings from Germany and have a nice weekend :cool:

Attachments

• hinten.jpg
    hinten.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 310
  • Tagsueber.JPG
    Tagsueber.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 365
  • _20200918_212828.JPG
    _20200918_212828.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 334
Here is mine 😀
Temple Audio Design Duo 17, Microdesignum midigrande, Cioks Big John (power for FM3 + all pedals) and Pedaltrain soft case 18.

Attachments

• 20200918_163832.jpg
    20200918_163832.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 365
  • 20200918_163600.jpg
    20200918_163600.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 359
  • 20200918_163522.jpg
    20200918_163522.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 310
Thanks. Im in process if trying to design my own board now and its a bit of a pain to figure out the power management as efficiently as possible. Will have to tinker around.
Thought I’d add a possibility for your cable search...Amazon > Monoprice. I have a couple and am very impressed with the quality. Plenty of options on lengths and design (90* angle options) ....very inexpensive.

Thought I’d add a possibility for your cable search...Amazon > Monoprice. I have a couple and am very impressed with the quality. Plenty of options on lengths and design (90* angle options) ....very inexpensive.
thank you sir!!!

Finally got my FM3 setup they way I like it with a loopi dual momentary footswitch as stand-in switches to toggle between 4 scenes (press) and between 4 views (hold). Accompanied by the new Morningstar MC3 (which replaced the larger MC6), for accessing additional presets and supporting midi to the FM3 using the Mission SP1-R expression pedal. I know I could probably tidy up the cables, but I will probably reconfigure it again, and again ... and again. :)

For those interested the new MC3 works pretty much the same as the MC6. I'm a fan.20201001_134721.jpg

Last edited:
I am loving this! I use the large pedal board for electric guitar gigs, and when I play acoustic or bass I just pull the FM3 off of the board via dual lock, and have a separate mission SP-1
that all fits neatly inside of a flight case the size of a briefcase.
output 1 goes to split (FOH & monitors) and output 2 goes stereo to a Mission Gemini 2.
The options are endless, and the tone is incredible!
5F1C077D-2C91-4373-9A43-CFE7A106B748.jpegA85D70FE-1BDD-40F9-A4B2-A481A74C74CB.jpegA34F24F1-7341-41C0-943F-67ADA18DAD9B.jpeg4B3A5C22-064B-4E0D-9080-EFA54A54B2B1.jpegB73548B4-874F-4639-BDD2-E0B5C5E07888.jpeg
3003CA03-0237-4EE4-8429-F6C829772D57.jpegFA754811-AEC6-4F22-BE93-782D907C0AC8.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's mine! I didn't want to add any height and needed my setup to stay super compact so I made my own board - actually repurposed the one I had my AX8 on. I cut it down to 16x10 and added a little riser for the dual switch and wireless. Power stuff tucks underneath. Finding the right arrangement for powering the wireless took some experimenting with every dang adapter and extension cord I had laying around, finally settled on this Strymon 9v power supply, small and doesn't have a ridiculously long cable. Everything is stuck together with dual lock.

This fits wonderfully into a Pelican Air case on top of my other peripherals like IEM system and all the little gadgets I need. And at last I actually have a couple streaming gigs coming up, my first chance to gig the FM3 since I got it back in April. Raring to go!

IMG_1626.JPGIMG_1628.JPGIMG_1632.JPGIMG_1634.JPG

Here's mine! I didn't want to add any height and needed my setup to stay super compact so I made my own board - actually repurposed the one I had my AX8 on. I cut it down to 16x10 and added a little riser for the dual switch and wireless. Power stuff tucks underneath. Finding the right arrangement for powering the wireless took some experimenting with every dang adapter and extension cord I had laying around, finally settled on this Strymon 9v power supply, small and doesn't have a ridiculously long cable. Everything is stuck together with dual lock.

This fits wonderfully into a Pelican Air case on top of my other peripherals like IEM system and all the little gadgets I need. And at last I actually have a couple streaming gigs coming up, my first chance to gig the FM3 since I got it back in April. Raring to go!

View attachment 73676View attachment 73677View attachment 73678View attachment 73679
I like what you did with the power

Back
Top Bottom