Let's see those FM3 rigs!

I'm noticing a few of you guys still have an outboard tuner. Are you finding the FM3's tuner not working for you? As someone still on the waitlist, I was just wondering........
I just got my FM3 on Friday, and the tuner is spot on. I also really love the fact that the only cable carrying signal into my rig is from the wireless unit to the FM3. The less chance for something to go bad in show the better. Once they introduce “tuner on heel down“ that has already been added to the AXEFX III, my life will be complete!

I'm noticing a few of you guys still have an outboard tuner. Are you finding the FM3's tuner not working for you? As someone still on the waitlist, I was just wondering........

The FM3 tuner is great, I do use it now and again when my Polytune isn't being used. I have a footswitch setup on a hold function on my FC12 to access it if need be. I just prefer when playing live to use my EV1 as my global vol so when that's in heel down my signal is muted but I'm still able to tune via the polytune as it's on all the time.

Last edited:
My first idea was to have something like a remote pedalboard for the FM 3 so that the FM 3 could stay at the back of the stage and therefore needed the Peterson StroboStomp HD tuner. Now I have the FM 3 mounted on a Temple Audio Duo 24 and kept the StroboStomp HD. The FM 3s tuner is good but the StroboStomp HD is so accurate and the sweetener tunings really make a difference.

Hi guys,

I've finally finished my FM3 board. After getting a Friedman ASC-10 FRFR cab I sold my SD PowerStage and bought a smaller board. All mounted on a Temple Audio Duo 17 with M3.5 X 16MM screws and 4mm washers. I use this with my FC12 board and will be setting up an FC6 board as well for smaller gigs where stage space is an issue. When we are allowed back to do that of course!

The 2 button Mosky switch is just for preset up and down if something goes wrong with my FC or I need to get to it quickly. The RJM tone saver is used to split my signal so I can use an external tuner. I do the same when using my AXE III but I use OUT 3 instead of the RJM.

The 2 bar mains strip is used to power the FM3 and also I have a snake that I use to connect my FC12 board up that has a UK mains plug on which is powering the my external tuner and my glow risers on my FC12 board. Underneath the FM3 board is a Furman AC-215A power conditioner which is powering the 2 bar mains strip and also a Strymon Ojai. The Ojai is powering the Tone saver and also 4 LED strips underneath.

Also added some connectors on the side of the board so it's easier to connect up when setting up or tearing down.

Powercon - Out to the mains supply
USB
XLR Male - Out 1
XLR Female - FC12
XLR Male - FRFR
1/4" Out - External Tuner
1/4" Out - Guitar In

I had to drill a couple of holes slight bigger to make the connectors fit through the board and then just added some rubber grommets to cover the holes. And of course last but not least added Chad's protective screens.

I think that's it, Happy with the way this one turned out sounds awesome! no noise issues at all.

Enjoy!

Paul

View attachment 72485View attachment 72486View attachment 72487View attachment 72488View attachment 72489View attachment 72490
Four led strips? And I was thinking to myself if it would be to fancy to install ONE of these 😀 But it does look great on your board 😊

Four led strips? And I was thinking to myself if it would be to fancy to install ONE of these 😀 But it does look great on your board 😊

Thank you. Yeah I know I got carried away lol Underneath the board is pretty packed and one LED wouldn't of been bright enough so 4 it is then! lol I replaced the feet with some slightly taller ones and it raises the board off of the ground a little more so you can see the led's.

Last edited:
I’ve actually given up my Snark tuners because I love the FM3 tuner so much!

I only use the FM3 & it’s 3-buttons & have the tuner set on the 2nd page layout (of 3-more buttons) as button #4.

Visually I love how it looks in the dark too!

Peace! X

Hi guys,

I've finally finished my FM3 board. After getting a Friedman ASC-10 FRFR cab I sold my SD PowerStage and bought a smaller board. All mounted on a Temple Audio Duo 17 with M3.5 X 16MM screws and 4mm washers. I use this with my FC12 board and will be setting up an FC6 board as well for smaller gigs where stage space is an issue. When we are allowed back to do that of course!

The 2 button Mosky switch is just for preset up and down if something goes wrong with my FC or I need to get to it quickly. The RJM tone saver is used to split my signal so I can use an external tuner. I do the same when using my AXE III but I use OUT 3 instead of the RJM.

The 2 bar mains strip is used to power the FM3 and also I have a snake that I use to connect my FC12 board up that has a UK mains plug on which is powering the my external tuner and my glow risers on my FC12 board. Underneath the FM3 board is a Furman AC-215A power conditioner which is powering the 2 bar mains strip and also a Strymon Ojai. The Ojai is powering the Tone saver and also 4 LED strips underneath.

Also added some connectors on the side of the board so it's easier to connect up when setting up or tearing down.

Powercon - Out to the mains supply
USB
XLR Male - Out 1
XLR Female - FC12
XLR Male - FRFR
1/4" Out - External Tuner
1/4" Out - Guitar In

I had to drill a couple of holes slight bigger to make the connectors fit through the board and then just added some rubber grommets to cover the holes. And of course last but not least added Chad's protective screens.

I think that's it, Happy with the way this one turned out sounds awesome! no noise issues at all.

Enjoy!

Paul

View attachment 72485View attachment 72486View attachment 72487View attachment 72488View attachment 72489View attachment 72490
This looks AMAZING!!!! Way to go & this is very well thought out!!!!!

I’ve gone down the rabbit hole as far as testing out different IR’s, doing a lot of A/B testing as well as buying the Austin Buddy Gold presets just to look & learn what others are doing preset wise.

I’ve been digging deep into the amp block presets & now go back and forth between Output #1 & my Studio Monitors (to simulate the P.A) & Output #2 and my stereo Friedman ASC-10’s. While I don’t have to do any major EQ work, I am using the Global EQ for each output now. I boost some low end into the P.A. on my presets & cut some on my FRFR system......

Anyways.....I love the rig you’ve built & would love to hear your system......or how you are setting up your presets.

Peace! X

This looks AMAZING!!!! Way to go & this is very well thought out!!!!!

I’ve gone down the rabbit hole as far as testing out different IR’s, doing a lot of A/B testing as well as buying the Austin Buddy Gold presets just to look & learn what others are doing preset wise.

I’ve been digging deep into the amp block presets & now go back and forth between Output #1 & my Studio Monitors (to simulate the P.A) & Output #2 and my stereo Friedman ASC-10’s. While I don’t have to do any major EQ work, I am using the Global EQ for each output now. I boost some low end into the P.A. on my presets & cut some on my FRFR system......

Anyways.....I love the rig you’ve built & would love to hear your system......or how you are setting up your presets.

Peace! X

Thanks Tim,

It took me quite a while to get it all sorted, I ended up changing my mind quite a lot but glad I stuck with it in the end. I just wanted to try and pack everything into a small board as much as possible.

It's funny since buying that Friedman cab I'm really enjoying using it and I tried it with my Axe III over the weekend as well and that also sounded excellent. which is to be expected really. I'm seriously considering selling my Matrix FR12P cab and GT1000FX and buying a 2nd Friedman cab now.

Preset wise I usually have a main live one that I use. Mainly comprised of using the JP2C models green for my clean tones and the red for my dirty sounds. Love the chorus block for that nice Petrucci clean sound. Plus some delay for my lead tones.

I do use other amps though big fan of the dirty Shirley 2 and a couple of other Friedman's in there like the HBE. Soldano lead also for my Clapton 90's tone ( I have one of the old 89 Clapton Strats that I love to use with that model). Recently though I started using the 1987x Jump model along with the FAS boost. I like Larry Mitchell's tone he get's from that particular amp model and thought I give to a go and it's now become a regular model I use. Great for that Thin Lizzy tone with a LP

Tried something new and went from the classic JR and only FM3/2 switch/expression pedal to the classic 2 that my ax8 was on and using the fc6.
As nice as the mosky 2 switch is for convenience, it’s wobbly to stand on even with good dual lock and I find the switches to be too close for quick switching live.
It sorta sucks to lose a wah pedal and for my glx to be stored underneath but I already had this board and would need to go to 28” to fit everything.
F07D2439-C882-4C2E-AA0A-905052C56654.jpegBDB1F550-4A5F-4F47-BC99-F9EF0A12F0EC.jpeg

Attachments

• 3E2FF368-B135-4888-A6F3-560A90581A25.jpeg
    3E2FF368-B135-4888-A6F3-560A90581A25.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 123
Tried something new and went from the classic JR and only FM3/2 switch/expression pedal to the classic 2 that my ax8 was on and using the fc6.
As nice as the mosky 2 switch is for convenience, it’s wobbly to stand on even with good dual lock and I find the switches to be too close for quick switching live.
It sorta sucks to lose a wah pedal and for my glx to be stored underneath but I already had this board and would need to go to 28” to fit everything.
View attachment 72748View attachment 72749
I'd be afraid of drop outs with the wireless receiver under the board

My plan was to use just the FM3 and the Sennheiser XWSD wireless but when I realized I needed to use my H9 too, this happened:
IMG_2701.jpegIMG_2702.jpegIMG_2703.jpeg

The H9 is controlled by the Midi block of the FM3 so scene changes also change the H9's preset. I use Tap on the H9, switch A is tuner, switch B is control switch 1 for various tasks. I'm using a Siamese twin cable to carry power and signal. I also added the USB jack so I can charge the Shure beltpack or ipad. The (2) 1/4" inputs on the side are direct to the FM3 and to the wireless. I use a jumper for wireless use or I can pull it out to use a cable. Setup/teardown is really quick. Oh, and the switch mounted directly to the pedalboard will be connected to the H9 for expression control (A/B).

I also have an FC6 with 2 expression pedals so the main pedalboard can be off stage and just run an XLR to my stage position

Last edited:
My plan was to use just the FM3 and the Sennheiser XWSD wireless but when I realized I needed to use my H9 too, this happened:
View attachment 72814View attachment 72815View attachment 72816

The H9 is controlled by the Midi block of the FM3 so scene changes also change the H9's preset. I use Tap on the H9, switch A is tuner, switch B is control switch 1 for various tasks. I'm using a Siamese twin cable to carry power and signal. I also added the USB jack so I can charge the Shure beltpack on ipad. The (2) 1/4" inputs on the side are direct to the FM3 and to the wireless. I use a jumper for wireless use or I can pull it out to use a cable. Setup/teardown is really quick. Oh, and the switch mounted directly to the pedalboard will be connected to the H9 for expression control (A/B).

I also have an FC6 with 2 expression pedals so the main pedalboard can be off stage and just run an XLR to my stage position
Great board, man :)

How did you manage to get the power cable from the FM 3 through the Temple Audio board?
Did you use any adapter?
Most IEC connectors are little bit to big to put it through the bigger holes of the Temple Audio board.

My plan was to use just the FM3 and the Sennheiser XWSD wireless but when I realized I needed to use my H9..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great board...How do you quickly change scenes frpm S1 to S7 or S8 and vice versa?... BOSS pedal used for?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great board...How do you quickly change scenes frpm S1 to S7 or S8 and vice versa?... BOSS pedal used for?
I switch from 1 to 7/8 via View - (minus). I don't wait til I need to switch, you can park it there ahead of time. And if the gig requires a lot of scene or effect changes, I plug in an FC-6 with some expression pedals and leave this board out of sight.

As for the Boss pedal; The A switch is for instant access to the tuner and the B switch is setup as a control switch. So it depends what I need instant access to for a particular preset. Sometimes it's to turn on the drive, delay with a little boost for solo's, sometimes to switch between a wah or delay mix for the expression pedal and sometimes it's as simple as turning on the rotary. That's what's great about control switches, they can do whatever you want them to (almost). I wish they could change a block's channels ;-)

Nice work man! Can I ask where you got the right angle power cord from for the FM3? I just looked on btpa but dont see one. I'm thinking of making my own board and like this power cord and it's slim footprint.

They may not have them on their site, but if you contact them they can absolutely do it! You can find them on Amazon as well, but the shortest I could find was 6 ft so you'd need to do some cable management depending on board size.

They may not have them on their site, but if you contact them they can absolutely do it! You can find them on Amazon as well, but the shortest I could find was 6 ft so you'd need to do some cable management depending on board size.
Thanks. Im in process if trying to design my own board now and its a bit of a pain to figure out the power management as efficiently as possible. Will have to tinker around.

Back
Top Bottom