Let's see those FM3 rigs!

I've updated my board with using the FasLink II port to power my wireless. At home I'm disconnecting the FasLink and using an external FC6 and a magnetic cable powering the Relay G10S through the micro usb port. There's 12V coming out of the FasLink port and I could probably run the Relay G10S just fine off that. And it was simple enough to add a power converter to get it down to 9V underneath.

A couple of rehearsals in and I'm amazed (as I'm sure a lot of you are) that I'm not missing more buttons. I was 100% convinced I would have to use the FC6 all the time. I still very much like it at home where I'm playing around more with different effects and similar. And for all my band needs I'm absolutely fine with using scenes for the absolutely majority of my needs. My typical setup is Scene 1/4, 2/5, 3/6 for the 3 buttons. Hold left button for Scene 7 (often a completely clean sound that I rarely use). Hold middle button to go to a menu where I can select presets, scenes and effects, hold right button for feedback simulator or other Lead tone effect. The two external buttons is tap/tuner to the right and cycle through the Scenes, Presets, Effects layouts on the left button. Works really really well.

Top right knob is my lead volume boost. In every band preset I have a GEQ block with the volume set between 0-8dB so when the knob is at noon there's a 4dB boost which is a good starting point for me.

I may still add some clear Barefoot switches and it would be nice to add some form of big, foot controllable knob for Output 2 (that I run to my CLR). I will probably put some tape on the power converter underneath to seal it off as well. And beyond that, I'm feeling pretty much done at this point. Loving the FM3.

View attachment 71536
View attachment 71537View attachment 71538

WOW, Johan reading through your use of foot switch buttons has again opened my mind!
I love that you found power for your wireless system.
I am going through the planning of how to mount a power supply under a board,
and trying to get the power from an IEC C14 panel mount, safely split out to the FM3 and a power supply for my
Shure GLXD16.
If the power is at the FASLink as you say, That would save me a lot of trouble!

Have you tried to fit the pedal board into the MONO bag it came with?
How does it fit?
Like a glove!!!! (Say Like Ace Ventura)

Plus it’s SO nice to be able to walk into a band practice w/ my Dual Guitar Mono bag over one shoulder & my entire Fractal FM3 rig on the other
. (I leave my monitors at the practice space)
FC7525F3-A936-4AA2-B05C-AE4A38F0A36F.jpeg
44448F98-3504-453A-93F8-D945F23620D6.jpeg
I went with this Aluminum Mono board due to the fact that it’s the perfect size & only 3lbs. I thought it was expensive until I got the high end padded gig bag with it for free. Then this all made sense......& now I’m really glad I got it.

Peace! X-Mann

Last edited:
That is great man! Thanks for the quick reply!
No problem & good luck building your Dream FM3 board. The FM3 is just an amazing piece of gear & while I still have my AX8......I’m only keeping it until I finish copying all the song based presets I created over to the FM3.
E7C85614-CBE6-4D26-89B8-7183491D1918.jpeg
The Mono board is very cool & I used the 3m system to attach the FM3 to it.
C689C668-6BBE-423F-A942-AD76E3B98A56.jpeg
0106889E-519A-4002-9BA0-ADAA980EDC78.jpeg
6FD738E7-E59E-4F69-8F55-EE4CB95BFD6D.jpeg
Just a little insight into this board & set-up. I hadn’t originally planned to put the G10S wireless unit on top of the board, but it’s worked out very well.

Like a glove!!!! (Say Like Ace Ventura)

Plus it’s SO nice to be able to walk into a band practice w/ my Dual Guitar Mono bag over one shoulder & my entire Fractal FM3 rig on the other
. (I leave my monitors at the practice space)
View attachment 71756
View attachment 71757
I went with this Aluminum Mono board due to the fact that it’s the perfect size & only 3lbs. I thought it was expensive until I got the high end padded gig bag with it for free. Then this all made sense......& now I’m really glad I got it.

Peace! X-Mann

Hi Tim,

I only went and got an ASC-10 after all that. I managed to try both in the end and definitely prefer the 10 over the 12. It's so compact and loud! Glad I went with it in the end thanks for the recommendation. I've not finished wiring up my FM3 board yet but will do this this week, gonna be adding some interface connections to the side of the board and use it in conjunction with my FC12 Board.

Just added Chad's protective covers too which took ages to come over to the UK over a month, I guess that's to be expected at the moment. I can't recommend them enough if anyone is thinking about buying them. I'm using the Mono cases as well I really like them. If anyone has a Temple audio duo 34 board I've found that it does fit in the bigger mono case.

IMG_0553.jpeg

Hi Tim,

I only went and got an ASC-10 after all that. I managed to try both in the end and definitely prefer the 10 over the 12. It's so compact and loud! Glad I went with it in the end thanks for the recommendation. I've not finished wiring up my FM3 board yet but will do this this week, gonna be adding some interface connections to the side of the board and use it in conjunction with my FC12 Board.

Just added Chad's protective covers too which took ages to come over to the UK over a month, I guess that's to be expected at the moment. I can't recommend them enough if anyone is thinking about buying them. I'm using the Mono cases as well I really like them. If anyone has a Temple audio duo 34 board I've found that it does fit in the bigger mono case.

View attachment 71761
This is a great looking board & that Friedman is just classy man!!!! I see that you got the LED remote control there too!!! #epic

The ASC-10’s are really working for me & I have a new band audition this Thursday where I’ll be taking them out for the 1st time. I hope they get me the gig.....:p

I’ve been recording New original music with my Axe Fx iii, but did a quick video on the FM3 & duel Friedman ASC-10’s. Here it is......in all its stereo glory!

X’s FM3 - Friedman ASC-10’s Video

If you were in the room, you’d hear the delay bouncing back & forth......It’s truly addicting once you hear it too.

I’ll report back on Friday if I get the gig.....or have any info on how the rig worked.

Tim

This is a great looking board & that Friedman is just classy man!!!! I see that you got the LED remote control there too!!! #epic

The ASC-10’s are really working for me & I have a new band audition this Thursday where I’ll be taking them out for the 1st time. I hope they get me the gig.....:p

I’ve been recording New original music with my Axe Fx iii, but did a quick video on the FM3 & duel Friedman ASC-10’s. Here it is......in all its stereo glory!

X’s FM3 - Friedman ASC-10’s Video

If you were in the room, you’d hear the delay bouncing back & forth......It’s truly addicting once you hear it too.

I’ll report back on Friday if I get the gig.....or have any info on how the rig worked.

Tim

That's just making me wanna buy a 2nd ASC-10 now Tim lol. Yeah I have 4 strip led's to go underneath that aren't actually temple audio ones not that it matters, all the led controllers work with the same remote as they are RF based. The Temple Audio remote just looks way cooler compare to the standard white one you get with the others lol. When it's wired up I'll post another pic.

Good luck with your audition.

Paul

WOW, Johan reading through your use of foot switch buttons has again opened my mind!
I love that you found power for your wireless system.
I am going through the planning of how to mount a power supply under a board,
and trying to get the power from an IEC C14 panel mount, safely split out to the FM3 and a power supply for my
Shure GLXD16.
If the power is at the FASLink as you say, That would save me a lot of trouble!

Thank you. Yes, I was doing lots of research in the year leading up to actually getting the FM3. I'm surprised there's almost no power supplies with IEC pass-through. I could only find the pedalpower one and that's really big. Too big really to justify only powering one wireless transmitter. For my first rehearsal with the FM3 I used a pedaltrain volto (battery) and that also worked well and would easily last the 4h rehearsal. If I decide to bring the FC6 when playing live, that'll probably be my solution.

No problem & good luck building your Dream FM3 board. The FM3 is just an amazing piece of gear & while I still have my AX8......I’m only keeping it until I finish copying all the song based presets I created over to the FM3.
View attachment 71758
The Mono board is very cool & I used the 3m system to attach the FM3 to it.
View attachment 71762
View attachment 71763
View attachment 71764
Just a little insight into this board & set-up. I hadn’t originally planned to put the G10S wireless unit on top of the board, but it’s worked out very well.

Wow, another good idea! The stickie backs with the tie wraps!!

In my opinion, Fractal’s hardware is great, but their software is the best in the world, and that is what sets them apart
As much as my physical rig is a dream come true, it’s all useless without
presets and configuration.

After months and months, I finally have my rig set up for all of the songs my band covers.

A few are factory presets.
A bunch are from Austin Buddy’s pack.
I use Moke’s presets a lot. Especially the Acoustic/Plexi/B3 combos. I use his JCM 800 a lot too. Sometimes I change the amp. Sometimes I add a pitch block.
I made 2 or 3 of them myself.
For a couple of them, I used FracTool to convert Moke’s AX8 presets and imported his corresponding IRs and then did a lot of messing around to get those working but they’re perfect.

I’ve got some tweaking to do, but everything is in place now.
Here’s a pic.
42BBC0A9-78C8-4676-8A42-5EA225ACC7CA.jpeg

20200825_173134.jpg
After looking at many different options, including padded backpacks and hard shell travel cases, I decided to go with Pedaltrain. The dimensions of the Jr Max are perfect for my needs and the rails are spaced just far enough apart to accommodate the vent on the bottom of the FM3.

20200824_172930.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 71898
After looking at many different options, including padded backpacks and hard shell travel cases, I decided to go with Pedaltrain. The dimensions of the Jr Max are perfect for my needs and the rails are spaced just far another apart to accommodate the vent on the bottom of the FM3.

View attachment 71899
man id be all over the junior max if it had the tour case. Ive used a classic 2 for the last 4 years with my ax8 board and it sucks to lose my expression pedal to fit the FC6

Hi Tim,

View attachment 71761
Great looking setup :)
Could you upload a photo of the back of the board?
I am guessing how you mounted the FM 3 on the board as I am planning to buy a Temple Audio board, too.
Which kind of mounting bracket did you use?
They offer small, medium and large but those were made to be put on pedals so I am not sure which one would work the best ;)

Greetings from Germany and have a nice weekend :)

Great looking setup :)
Could you upload a photo of the back of the board?
I am guessing how you mounted the FM 3 on the board as I am planning to buy a Temple Audio board, too.
Which kind of mounting bracket did you use?
They offer small, medium and large but those were made to be put on pedals so I am not sure which one would work the best ;)

Greetings from Germany and have a nice weekend :)

Thank you, just in the middle of wiring it all up. I don't have a pic with me at the moment but I'll definitely post one when I get in from work tonight. Added all my patch bay connections last night so nearly finished just gotta do some tidying up underneath.

No pedal plates needed. The FM3 is screwed on using M3.5 x 16mm machine screws and washers. Just take out the end cap screws and replace them with the longer ones and put them through the holes on the temple board.

Thank you, just in the middle of wiring it all up. I don't have a pic with me at the moment but I'll definitely post one when I get in from work tonight. Added all my patch bay connections last night so nearly finished just gotta do some tidying up underneath.

No pedal plates needed. The FM3 is screwed on using M3.5 x 16mm machine screws and washers. Just take out the end cap screws and replace them with the longer ones and put them through the holes on the temple board.
Ah ok, thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom