Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Not to flame on anyone as I have my lightweight rig too. But, as a bassist, I find a little humor in hearing a 1x12 cabinet is so heavy people regret having to move it. :p Nice looking rigs you guys have though.

My “rig”
AeaSQiG.jpg

R9nAEdm.jpg

yup, it’s my ultimate desktop rig for practice and recording. Not sure what I’m going to do otherwise, but I’m really enjoying this box.

Thanks Tim,

I've now sorted the exchange out and the ASC-12 has been ordered. Should be here Friday at some point. I'm gonna be putting the FM3 on a smaller Temple audio board a duo 17 and using my existing duo 24 for another FC setup. Running an FC12 setup at the moment on a duo 34 board but I wanted to get a spare FC just in case the FC12 goes down or we have really small gig and thought why not get an FC6 and make another board with that.

I will post some pics as soon as I'm done.

Cheers

Paul
This sounds EPIC & I can’t wait to see it!

I bet the ASC-12 will just kill in that standard cab configuration! So, you’re going to only use 1 ASC-12 in mono right?

I want to warm you about going”Full Stereo” bro......”Never go Full Stereo” because you’ll never go back!!!:p

The pair of ASC-10’s is HUGE sounding & very addicting! The Stereo spread & delays are so much fun......fun......fun.......fun.....

Congrats again.....& Peace! X

This sounds EPIC & I can’t wait to see it!

I bet the ASC-12 will just kill in that standard cab configuration! So, you’re going to only use 1 ASC-12 in mono right?

I want to warm you about going”Full Stereo” bro......”Never go Full Stereo” because you’ll never go back!!!:p

The pair of ASC-10’s is HUGE sounding & very addicting! The Stereo spread & delays are so much fun......fun......fun.......fun.....

Congrats again.....& Peace! X

Yep all mono with the ASC-12. That's what got me interested in the Friedman cabs is seeing your vid with the ASC-10's.

Now that you've said that about stereo my GAS is kicking in lol. Knowing me I'll have the ASC-12 for a couple of weeks and I'll end up selling it or trading it in for a couple of ASC-10's. That's the normal thing to do isn't it? lol

Yep all mono with the ASC-12. That's what got me interested in the Friedman cabs is seeing your vid with the ASC-10's.

Now that you've said that about stereo my GAS is kicking in lol. Knowing me I'll have the ASC-12 for a couple of weeks and I'll end up selling it or trading it in for a couple of ASC-10's. That's the normal thing to do isn't it? lol
Lol.....Don’t do what I do.....That’s my 1st piece of advice for you man! :p

I can also very highly recommend the Headrush FRFR-108’s as they are just jaw dropping for personal monitoring for a gig. They are small & oh so powerful, crisp, clean & big sounding.....oh....& super cheap price wise. I only recommend them as a pair though at the 8” size.

I don’t sell gear very often & had 4+ years of high end gear that I just sold & made around $5k. I’m full digital now & the Friedman ASC-10’s were something I thought I’d buy, try & return. I even told this to my Sweetwater guy & said I’d eat the shipping back (only around $50). They were (aka are) SO GOOD that I had to keep them! Plus they look AMAZING too! My guitar teacher Sammy Boller is a Friedman guy & friends with Dave......& he told me that Save said that the ASC-10’s are the way to go & he fixed some design flaws from the ASM series w/ the ASC series. Maybe I should have tried the ASC-12’s? Lol

I’m playing with a new drummer who’s LOUD AF.....& the Friedman’s sound amazing in this band environment.

I do a lot of recording with my Axe Fx iii & only use my studio monitors with that set-up......BUT......I just created a recording rig from the Cameron amp model that I need to test out through the Stereo Friedman cabs.

Check this out if you get bored.....& like melodic SHRED!!! \m/

X’s Cameron Shred-Fest

Peace! X

Last edited:
Lol.....Don’t do what I do.....That’s my 1st piece of advice for you man! :p

I can also very highly recommend the Headrush FRFR-108’s as they are just jaw dropping for personal monitoring for a gig. They are small & oh so powerful, crisp, clean & big sounding.....oh....& super cheap price wise. I only recommend them as a pair though at the 8” size.

I don’t sell gear very often & had 4+ years of high end gear that I just sold & made around $5k. I’m full digital now & the Friedman ASC-10’s were something I thought I’d buy, try & return. I even told this to my Sweetwater guy & said I’d eat the shipping back (only around $50). They were (aka are) SO GOOD that I had to keep them! Plus they look AMAZING too! My guitar teacher Sammy Boller is a Friedman guy & friends with Dave......& he told me that Save said that the ASC-10’s are the way to go & he fixed some design flaws from the ASM series w/ the ASC series. Maybe I should have tried the ASC-12’s? Lol

I’m playing with a new drummer who’s LOUD AF.....& the Friedman’s sound amazing in this band environment.

I do a lot of recording with my Axe Fx iii & only use my studio monitors with that set-up......BUT......I just created a recording rig from the Cameron amp model that I need to test out through the Stereo Friedman cabs.

Check this out if you get bored.....

X’s Cameron Shred-Fest

Peace! X

I do have a head rush 108 as well, which I've used for a couple of years now. I agree they do sound good for the money. I usually create patches on my Adam studio monitors and then tweak for whichever cab I'm using. I must admit though since owning the Matrix stuff I've not felt the need to use any of my Boogie cabs at all. And it does translate well from my monitors to my FR12P.

I'm using my Matrix GT1000FX with my FR12P cab and Axe III at the moment which sounds awesome too. I just wanted and all in one cab I could take with my FM3 rig which is why I just ended up buying the Friedman.

I've not really found a stand alone compact power amp yet to use with the FM3.I'm sure there are a few out there. The Power stage was ok but I just never got on with it. Hard to explain but I just wasn't feeling it. Using the headrush was ok for a while too but I just missed that cab thump behind me especially for rehearsals I'm sure you know what I mean lol.

I watched your clip this morning sounded awesome! I like the one you posted a few days back as well with 2 ASC-10's.

I like Sammy he's a fantastic guitar player and I watch Dave's Tone Talk with Marc as well. I like hearing all the old tech stories. My favourite was when Bob Bradshaw put a rig together for EVH and he had to build a head switcher for him and it had to be 16ohms impedance. Bob did all that for Eddie but he said it doesn't sound the same your switcher has coloured my sound. Bob said the switcher isn't in the signal path of the guitar its just switching your 3 heads in your rig. It turned out the guitar tech had change all the speakers in Eddie cabs for new speakers which hadn't been broken in at all and they put the old ones back in and all was good again lol.

Thanks again for all the info and recommendation.

Paul

Played hooky from work today and finally got everything put together and wired up. I tried to wedge it all on a Pedaltrain Metro 20, but it was just a hair too small. Had to go up to a Classic Jr. I don't use an expression pedal much, but if the urge strikes me, I'll just plug it in and run it off-board. Had the H9 laying around after a previous pedalboard iteration so I figured it could go on and help with some of the heavy lifting. All powered with a VooDoo Lab Pedal Power II+ with the courtesy outlet.

Attachments

• EE47C68F-42BC-404F-9615-6C14D1E91E4D.jpeg
    EE47C68F-42BC-404F-9615-6C14D1E91E4D.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 210
I thought that sounded great. Solid playing, and I really liked the lead tone you used.

Thank you for sharing that.
Thx man & Great forum name too!!! :p

Using the Axe Fx iii & or the FM3 is a total blast & makes me play better. That Cameron amp model is truly fantastic for shredding too.

I appreciate the kind words & Peace! X (aka Tim)

Man you guys go crazy on your boards lol... My rig is simple and all I need to get the job done. 5 minute setup and 4 square feet of stage space. You all know I am a big proponent of the QSC K8.2. Looking at the size you can see why. And yes it will hang or destroy anything out there 3 times its size hehe....
That’s awesome! I’m going to raid the scrap wood pile in the garage and slap together a board. Keep it simple. Unless something else grabs my attention before. lol

FM3 in pseudo combo amp format. The top is easily removed with the thumb nuts to gain access to editing. I just use a dual footswitch to handle amp channel switching, boost on/off, tuner on/off, and tremolo on/off. Just like an amp.

5yVJWz2.jpg

v7Iq91U.jpg
Great master volume on this combo, so transparent.

I feel like this needs a thread of its own, with some detailed pictures!
I'll see if I can get some more detailed shots with the lid off later in the week. There's a Line6 G10 wireless in the back, and the cab is loaded with a 12" Weber Silver Bell 50 watt ceramic. The poweramp is obviously a Seymour Duncan PS170. Whole thing weighs 40 pounds and is roughly 20"x22"x10.5".

I've updated my board with using the FasLink II port to power my wireless. At home I'm disconnecting the FasLink and using an external FC6 and a magnetic cable powering the Relay G10S through the micro usb port. There's 12V coming out of the FasLink port and I could probably run the Relay G10S just fine off that. And it was simple enough to add a power converter to get it down to 9V underneath.

A couple of rehearsals in and I'm amazed (as I'm sure a lot of you are) that I'm not missing more buttons. I was 100% convinced I would have to use the FC6 all the time. I still very much like it at home where I'm playing around more with different effects and similar. And for all my band needs I'm absolutely fine with using scenes for the absolutely majority of my needs. My typical setup is Scene 1/4, 2/5, 3/6 for the 3 buttons. Hold left button for Scene 7 (often a completely clean sound that I rarely use). Hold middle button to go to a menu where I can select presets, scenes and effects, hold right button for feedback simulator or other Lead tone effect. The two external buttons is tap/tuner to the right and cycle through the Scenes, Presets, Effects layouts on the left button. Works really really well.

Top right knob is my lead volume boost. In every band preset I have a GEQ block with the volume set between 0-8dB so when the knob is at noon there's a 4dB boost which is a good starting point for me.

I may still add some clear Barefoot switches and it would be nice to add some form of big, foot controllable knob for Output 2 (that I run to my CLR). I will probably put some tape on the power converter underneath to seal it off as well. And beyond that, I'm feeling pretty much done at this point. Loving the FM3.

IMG_4820.jpeg
IMG_4821.jpegIMG_4822.jpeg

Is that brand T1M? ..."Top right knob is my lead volume boost.."...well organized pedal bpard.
The current coming out from FAS Link enough to drive several pedals of 9Volt, you see? thanks!

Is that brand T1M? ..."Top right knob is my lead volume boost.."...well organized pedal bpard.
The current coming out from FAS Link enough to drive several pedals of 9Volt, you see? thanks!

yep, that knob is from t1m. From what I can gather there‘s 12v and 1A coming out of the FasLink port. Plenty of power and more than I need.

This setup is still very much a work in progress. I have decisions to make about if I am going to mount it, if I am going to get an FC-6 or some kind of MIDI pedal, etc..
5fAcpYMp_ktZe0qM97T2ke1aLu4a3JBreTn7aloZEC6ASPy4N2XDagg31mpUuj6MrjrTIjd2Nffw6ofuDKYLL7Wj0yT4__On6x8I46KVOphyIRWT03DY-z_UhnErfJ-7jHKK0OmfUA=w2400

At them moment, the Mission pedal is basically a wah (I know that you could set it to turn on and off automatically, but I am really set in my ways and like having a switch for this). The EV1 is going to be for everything else, primarily a volume swell, but I am going to figure out how to also have it adjust anything else that needs a sweep, like a uni-vibe. I have some thinking and research to do about how that is going to work exactly. Before I can actually utilize the EV1 and that dual switch, I either need an FC-6 or something like a Disaster Area Designs MidiBaby3. I am also leaning toward one of those Temple Audio boards to mount all of this, but other decisions will factor in what I need before I can get any kind of board for mounting.

Back
Top Bottom