Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Finally got everything dialed up on the Temple Audio Duo 34 (Also got the flight case) and working, I love the FM3 tuner but like having a constantly visible tuner so I'm using a Shnobel Tone modded Ernie Ball VP Jr with a Polytune installed. Thanks for fellow SLC local @Chris Lang for the tips on correct mounting screws for the FM3 & FC6!

vnFQX3e.jpg

How are you routing the volume pedal? I am looking to use the EB VP Jr. Tuner pedal but I want to be able to control volume after amp and before effects for swells. I am thinking I run the VP through the FX loop of the FM3 and put the fxloop block before the effects in the chain. I am wondering how you are doing it.

how is the RJM MMLT to work with?
It's amazingly good! Seemless switching. You can program all the switches at your convinience and the FM3 is already listed on the Fractal devices which makes it really easy to setup. This video explains its main capabilities with Fractal gear:

I got some cool newstuff to complete my main board lately. New chad from Boston covers and plexi glass covers. And a pedal board form xts. Some giG’s though will just be the FM3 and an EV-2. View attachment 70429View attachment 70430View attachment 70431View attachment 70432View attachment 70433View attachment 70430View attachment 70429
Larry, that looks sharp! And I know you can’t look at a piece of Fractal gear without putting wood grain on it. The MIDI Mouse looks downright naked by comparison. :)

Finished (for today).
Feels like overengineering: custom build plate with custom build risers to attach the FM3 to Velcro, just to have the power cable and the expression pedal cable permanently attached. Over the expression pedal, it's a stand-in switch, which can be unmounted if needed (so it's like the transport parking position).

Attachments

• signal-2020-07-22-222221.jpeg
    signal-2020-07-22-222221.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 235
  • signal-2020-07-22-223214_001.jpeg
    signal-2020-07-22-223214_001.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 238
I got some cool newstuff to ...
=====================================================================================
Some questions crop up to me, which are as to;

- Which functions in FM3 are trigger by PC midi signals from MIDI Mouse?
- Wire transmittting stereo signals output from headphone jack? Just mono
or L+R summed output?
- Skin and plexis are great looking! Are those from Gear By CEBA?

Awesome and cool....Your itinery back and forth to Korea not yet fixed?
Thank you...

Finished (for today).
Feels like overengineering: custom build plate with custom build risers to attach the FM3 to Velcro, just to have the power cable and the expression pedal cable permanently attached. Over the expression pedal, it's a stand-in switch, which can be unmounted if needed (so it's like the transport parking position).
I like how you cut out the holes in the board to mimic the Fractal design.

No schedule for traveling outside of the country yet but I’d love to come back to south korea. I had a great time there. :0)
from the headphone jack I have just a right angle 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch adaptor so I can use my in ears when I need to ( hotel rooms. Sound testing. Backstage warmups. Etc... it’s full stereo. I play in stereo .
the skins (decals) are made by Chad from Boston https://www.youtube.com/c/ChadBoston

Here’s is Rev 2, you know how it is positioning stuff, lol.
I have the Moskey on a 30 degree tilt, helps a little with access.

Attachments

• C26E4707-3259-4740-9A77-F242615B24D5.jpeg
    C26E4707-3259-4740-9A77-F242615B24D5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 316
  • 9AA37263-9194-4530-8916-ECE47B666823.jpeg
    9AA37263-9194-4530-8916-ECE47B666823.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 309
  • 09B7A27C-5C7E-4641-A8E9-7AB974531D36.jpeg
    09B7A27C-5C7E-4641-A8E9-7AB974531D36.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 272
Thanks guys. But I already bought a short IEC cord on amazon with a right angle. I just used a knife to cut like 1/8” of a isolation from the plug so it can be pushed trough the hole on temple board. It needed a little force but I eventually pulled it trough. Here’s how everything looks. I used industrial Velcro. I didn’t want to remove feet, so I used 4 strips of Velcro on top of each other, and now temple mounting plates can reach the pedalboard.
View attachment 67405

Hi, what are those screws with big heads? You used the to attach directly the FM3 to the board? Are they M3.5?

Here’s is Rev 2, you know how it is positioning stuff, lol.
I have the Moskey on a 30 degree tilt, helps a little with access.
The light coming through the clear Barefoot Buttons is sick! I was thinking of doing the same thing. Its nice to be able to see what it looks like. Enjoy!

Here's my FM3 with CEBA clear guards and Clear, V1 Barefoot Buttons.

First I really like the CEBA guards, but they don't fit great. There is interference on the rotary knobs and at the side handles.

For the proper fit of the BB's, I removed material from the bottom skirt of the button until I got enough clearance to stay off the guard.

power up.JPGstraight.jpgangle.JPGbutton down.JPGback.JPG

I had a 6 sided nail file of my wife's laying around. I did a quick polish to the button tops. Seemed to help with clarity a little bit. : )

Here's my FM3 with CEBA clear guards and Clear, V1 Barefoot Buttons.

First I really like the CEBA guards, but they don't fit great. There is interference on the rotary knobs and at the side handles.

For the proper fit of the BB's, I removed material from the bottom skirt of the button until I got enough clearance to stay off the guard.

View attachment 70554View attachment 70555View attachment 70557View attachment 70558View attachment 70559
I really dig the way the clear BB button tops diffuse the LED light like that. Might have to do this with my FM3...

I had a 6 sided nail file of my wife's laying around. I did a quick polish to the button tops. Seemed to help with clarity a little bit. : )

holy crap.......what is a 6 sided nail file? K , I don’t wanna know :)
But this could be a small side business for a FM3, BB, clear covers bus. :)

Back
Top Bottom