Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Build complete...for now, until I decide to add a reverb pedal. FM3 mounted directly to board with longer M3.5x0.6 16mm screws and 4mm washers. removed bottom screws of feet and replaced with the 16mm screws. I made the 2 button footswitch.

23845FCD-A97A-4C6E-9925-EB0FD7804106_1_201_a.jpeg

Gaff tape until I can cleanly secure the cables. I'm not a fan of zip ties.

IMG_1384.jpeg

My "transitional rig" for comparing/moving my fave FXII presets and tweaking the FM3. Both using the same signal to the stereo CLRs, each using an EV1 for volume. I'm using FM3 Edit for all my tweaking, comparing settings to the FXII/Axe Edit.

Transitional-Rig-Gear.jpg

Transitional-Rig-Monitor.jpg

Does anyone know if the Line6 G50 would fit under any of the boards out there? For example, the Temple 17 or mono boards? I've seen pics of the Shure GLX under it, but not sure if the G50 would have any issues. Honestly I kind of want to go with the Shure, but I've already got the G90 for my AxeIII rig (which for now at least I plan to keep), and if I go with the G50 I'd have two bodypacks I can use with either.

My thought was to have one board with the FM3, a wireless, an expression pedal, and maybe a 2 button switch. I've also got the FC6 coming, and was thinking I'd put it on a separate board with one or two pedals, and then that board can be used with either the Axe III or FM3, and the FM3 board can be used alone or with the FC6 board. Haven't totally sorted it out yet.

Good ideas here. The Shure and G50 are almost same size. The antennas may be the question though. Did you mess with the templeboard planner?

Attachments

• download (1).png
    download (1).png
    276.8 KB · Views: 74
Good ideas here. The Shure and G50 are almost same size. The antennas may be the question though. Did you mess with the templeboard planner?
I don't think the planner is going to help, he wants to mount it under the board.

Does anyone know if the Line6 G50 would fit under any of the boards out there? For example, the Temple 17 or mono boards? I've seen pics of the Shure GLX under it, but not sure if the G50 would have any issues. Honestly I kind of want to go with the Shure, but I've already got the G90 for my AxeIII rig (which for now at least I plan to keep), and if I go with the G50 I'd have two bodypacks I can use with either.

My thought was to have one board with the FM3, a wireless, an expression pedal, and maybe a 2 button switch. I've also got the FC6 coming, and was thinking I'd put it on a separate board with one or two pedals, and then that board can be used with either the Axe III or FM3, and the FM3 board can be used alone or with the FC6 board. Haven't totally sorted it out yet.
The Shure fits, but it's tight and it has to be mounted at the very back where the board is the deepest. I can't find dimensions for the G50 anywhere, but the Shure is around 1 3/4" tall and just barely fits without sticking down below the bottom of the board. Sweetwater says the Duo 17 is 2.5" tall at the back, but in reality you have about 2 1/8" in the back and 1 3/4" in the middle of useable space. The feet on the board may give you another 1/8" of wiggle room but I wouldn't want anything that protruded below the bottom rails of the board. I would think you could lay the antennas out horizontally assuming you didn't have much else under the board.

@marshall2553 I was only saying the templeboard planner from a dimensions standpoint but yes, it won't take into account the height aspect. I've just seen a lot of people mounting them under the board so when I pulled up the planner it looked like they were similar in size but I wasn't sure on the antennas.

It’s fits underneath my Temple Audio Duo 17.
51E327F5-6AA5-42D1-B8A4-769D3521D5FD.jpeg480A0416-B69A-42E6-B7D2-ADAC60A41FE1.jpeg

Fantastic, @bishop5150!!! Thank you! No signal issues or anything with it? My G90 has been pretty solid as long as it's on RF1, and not too close to the router.
No issues so far but I haven’t gigged with it yet. This is an old G50 I’ve had for years. Never had any issues with it.
I bought a new one last year for a different rig and it was horrible. So many dropouts it was unusable. Bought a G90 instead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom