Let's see those FM3 rigs!

View attachment 67647

Just got mine and giving it a spin right now. Haven't hooked up the FC-6 pedal board yet, just using this thing standalone for now :)

As far as I can tell, there's no way to switch between sets of layouts in the FM3 itself, I'd have to use FM3 Edit to do it via a settings dump, correct? I will be using it both standalone like this but also with my pedalboard that has the FC-6 and a bunch of expression pedals, in which case I'd like to use the OMG-9 setup.
Check under the settings on the FM3. You can select the current and start up layout.

Edit: To further add to this. Check out the MLM. You should be able to select that and hop to other layouts from there.

That looks great. How are you running all the switches - are the bottom ones for midi?
what size pedalboard is that? who makes those dual footswitches? Thanks!
Yes, plan is to use midi for switches. Midi Baby 3 is configurable for all switches and outputs.
Pedalboard is PedalTrain Novo 24...24" long, 14" wide. Switches are on Amazon $17 each

View attachment 67647

Just got mine and giving it a spin right now. Haven't hooked up the FC-6 pedal board yet, just using this thing standalone for now :)

As far as I can tell, there's no way to switch between sets of layouts in the FM3 itself, I'd have to use FM3 Edit to do it via a settings dump, correct? I will be using it both standalone like this but also with my pedalboard that has the FC-6 and a bunch of expression pedals, in which case I'd like to use the OMG-9 setup.

Flexing dat headphone out huh ... 😎😉

@teddis it's mounted on a NUX Bumblebee board with 3M dual lock.

@Smittefar he's back on the little sansamp for this run.

@MikeBrooklyn loved it. I used the views feature to toggle between eve dry thini would usually have on the perform layout of an FC6.

As a fellow sansamp fanboy. (had one since the 90's) Tell Ryan to check out the Tech 21 DP-3X for when you guys don't travel with the AX-FX3. I will use mine until I receive my FM3. I'll then keep it as a back-up. Great tones in the Dug pedal, and they don't all sound like Kings X.

So are you currently using both, or in the process of switching over to the FM3?

Due to social distancing requirements for old farts, my band hasn’t even rehearsed together in months.

The plan was to continue to use the AX8 for rehearsals and gigs as I slowly migrated over to the FM3. I have a lot of commercial presets that I use, and a preset stored for each of the 50-ish songs in my set list.

Instead, I haven’t taken the AX8 out of the case in months and I just play/practice with factory presets on the FM3 several times a day. For at least two weeks now I just use preset 1, 59 Bassman, 4 scenes, to play all my songs, and I just love this thing so much. Sometimes I use Leon‘s clean patch from Axechange, that Shiva is beautiful.

The earliest my band can get together is July1, and our late July gig is now cancelled, so I have All the time in the world. Maybe our Halloween show will still happen?

Due to social distancing requirements for old farts, my band hasn’t even rehearsed together in months.

The plan was to continue to use the AX8 for rehearsals and gigs as I slowly migrated over to the FM3. I have a lot of commercial presets that I use, and a preset stored for each of the 50-ish songs in my set list.

Instead, I haven’t taken the AX8 out of the case in months and I just play/practice with factory presets on the FM3 several times a day. For at least two weeks now I just use preset 1, 59 Bassman, 4 scenes, to play all my songs, and I just love this thing so much. Sometimes I use Leon‘s clean patch from Axechange, that Shiva is beautiful.

The earliest my band can get together is July1, and our late July gig is now cancelled, so I have All the time in the world. Maybe our Halloween show will still happen?

Thanks for the reply. My bands last show happened about a week before our city (Seattle) went on lockdown mode. I'm sure all summer shows are out the window as our drummer has immune system issues. I'm on the FM3 waitlist now, so I'm hopeful to getting it dialed in before any more gigs.

I was going to attach it directly to the board with longer screws like I did with my FC-12 and Temple board but I wanted to be able to easily take the FM3 off to put on my desk or onto another board for different configurations so I used the 3M Dual Lock. Great stuff.

Hi @bishop5150
How easy does the 3M Dual Lock let go when you try to remove it?
Thanks

Thanks guys. But I already bought a short IEC cord on amazon with a right angle. I just used a knife to cut like 1/8” of a isolation from the plug so it can be pushed trough the hole on temple board. It needed a little force but I eventually pulled it trough. Here’s how everything looks. I used industrial Velcro. I didn’t want to remove feet, so I used 4 strips of Velcro on top of each other, and now temple mounting plates can reach the pedalboard.

View attachment 67403
View attachment 67402
View attachment 67404
View attachment 67405

Hey @Gojko Ljumovic

How do you like those Lay flat EBS cables?

Here is my rig on temple audio duo 24. I am missing couple cables, waiting on them to arrive, so I can finish it up. Just one expression pedal, Digitech drop for couple songs that are in a different tuning, shure wireless, and little cheap switch from amazon. I have a little power strip on the bottom side, where I have adapters for the pedals plugged, and power for FM3.
What case do you carry this in? I'm wondering about the clearance of fm3 on a temple board with a temple case.

Back
Top Bottom