Let's see those FM3 rigs!

FM3 with Chase Bliss Dark World and Tonal Recall controlled via midi from the FM3.

I’m using a Disaster Area midi box to convert from 5-Pin MIDI into the TRS control port of the Chase Bliss stuff. It’s cool to be able to pull up a bunch of specific parameters in the analog pedals, especially bpm.96EF80C1-6792-4AE7-B02E-978A26D63387.jpeg

Here is my rig on temple audio duo 24. I am missing couple cables, waiting on them to arrive, so I can finish it up. Just one expression pedal, Digitech drop for couple songs that are in a different tuning, shure wireless, and little cheap switch from amazon. I have a little power strip on the bottom side, where I have adapters for the pedals plugged, and power for FM3.
Can you snap a pic of the back of the unit? I would like to see the cable set up

This board consists of a 3/4" Ply base (ACX) measuring 28"x14" and 3/16" laminate for the cover. IEC power plug 2 XLR for OP-1 and 2 1/4" jacks for OP-2. The pedal board case is some light duty no name from eBay. Not sure on the weight just yet but I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 Lbs when compleet! I also left a solid 3/8" of clearance between the FM and the FC for ventilation!

Edited for completion!

She lives!View attachment 66541View attachment 66544View attachment 66545View attachment 66546View attachment 66547
You can't get more professional looking board than that one! I bet Petrucci and many more would love it!!!

Copied @2112 (maybe we dub this the LT3 rig?) but just couldn’t hang with the yellow sides. Spray paint to the rescue. Added vinyl Fractal logos for good measure. My dual switch is lost in the mail so will throw that on when it shows up. I swear the NUX board was made for the FM3, perfect fit all around. And with the layouts that @Patzag posted I really can’t see using any more than this. Thanks again @FractalAudio you knocked the FM3 out of the park. My back especially thanks you!

FB3BDE8C-B2A3-4FE9-A97F-4B5B9DE2437C.jpegC3D9A8D5-755A-4A9F-8392-51644C16F9B1.jpeg

Copied @2112 (maybe we dub this the LT3 rig?) but just couldn’t hang with the yellow sides. Spray paint to the rescue. Added vinyl Fractal logos for good measure. My dual switch is lost in the mail so will throw that on when it shows up. I swear the NUX board was made for the FM3, perfect fit all around. And with the layouts that @Patzag posted I really can’t see using any more than this. Thanks again @FractalAudio you knocked the FM3 out of the park. My back especially thanks you!

How are you fastening the FM3 to the board? There isn't much space on the feet to put velcro/dual lock... I fear it could easily get dislodged, especially in transit.

How are you fastening the FM3 to the board? There isn't much space on the feet to put velcro/dual lock... I fear it could easily get dislodged, especially in transit.

I'm planning on using the idea Jordan Holt (@jholt) posted in the "Fractal Audio for Worship Guitarists" Facebook group. Hopefully it's ok to re-post here, if not I will remove (I smudged out the number on the bottom of the FM3):

From @jholt
"For all of you FM3 owners/future owners here’s a quick tip: the unit requires that you do not block the vents on the sides and the intake vent on bottom...making it hard to mount to pedalboards. I had a couple cheap pedal risers lying around that I made a decade ago from 1/8” wood at Home Depot. It’s the perfect thickness to match the FM3’s feet and keep it elevated for airflow while still securely mounting it to a board. Not picture perfect but it works."

91863409_10217011891357380_3024515982728101888_n_01.jpg
Photo Credit: Jordan Holt

Anyone know of a 18x10 board that has room underneath for a power supply?

I’m trying to build a fly rig that‘ll fit in a Pelican 1510 carryon.

Bag , but it’s a bit oversize. With these cheap chiseling airlines, I need to shave a couple inches.

I'm seriously thinking about one of these and an FV2. And maybe use the fm3 end caps again ...if I can find 3.5mm screws + 1/4" or so
Lol

I have a couple of H9s also ....

so there that is

Attachments

• 22C1C8D6-07D6-4A0B-9684-84612D66E006.jpeg
    22C1C8D6-07D6-4A0B-9684-84612D66E006.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 238

That’s funny. I ordered the same exact board, and two button switch. I haven’t had a chance to set mine up yet as I’m traveling for work, but I really dig what you did with yours. Looks great! Did you make those Fractal logos yourself?

View attachment 67004View attachment 67005
I like this idea! Do they make it any deeper? It would help protect cable inputs or give you an extra spot for a wireless.

Back
Top Bottom