Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Welcome to my "COVID Corner"

View attachment 66280

FM3 Modular setup, I moved away from a PedalTrain Pro setup from my AX8 as I want this rig to stay as flexible as possible.

Case: https://www.newark.com/duratool/22-24155/weatherproof-case-polymer-black/dp/83X6735?ost=83X6735&ddkey=https:en-US/Element14_US/search

View attachment 66281 View attachment 66282

View attachment 66283 View attachment 66284

View attachment 66285

Hope you're all healthy and safe, stay fractal'd crew! Huge thanks to Fractal for the stickers so I know what gear I have inside of the case ;) :p :cool: CHEERS

Just curious, are you a lefty? I see most put the FC on the right side. I was toying with different setups and while I like the FC on the right, the input on the FM3 makes me want that on the right instead so my guitar cable doesn’t want to ride over the middle of the board.

Were their stickers in the box? I may need to dig the box out??

There wasn't one in mine.

I placed an order of some to spread the awareness & Fractal love to Michigan.

Just curious, are you a lefty? I see most put the FC on the right side. I was toying with different setups and while I like the FC on the right, the input on the FM3 makes me want that on the right instead so my guitar cable doesn’t want to ride over the middle of the board.

@Deadpool_25 - I am not, I haven't completely figured out how I want my setup to be yet for a live gig. And yes, the location of the input is another reason why my L6 G70 sits over there also. Plus I will have an 2 expression pedals for Volume & FX mix so space will be limited.

Might be slightly off topic but I figured I ask for help here instead new thread.
What are you thoughts on temple audio pedalboard and softbag vs mono pedalboard and bag? Never had either. And I’m thinking getting one for my FM3, exp pedal, shure wireless and digitech drop.
Temple board looks nicer. But on the other hand Mono case looks way more durable and secure.

I'm wondering if anyone would know the best way to make use of a boss katana if I purchase the FM3? let's see I want to use it with the Katana speaker, is that possible? It's a boss katana 100 (mark 1)

I'm also interested in recording through USB and using headphones, which I guess I wouldn't need the katana for. I'm just wondering if it is worth keeping the Katana as I doubt I would get much more than what a cab would cost.
This would make more sense in its own thread... This particular thread is about showing what your FM3 rig looks like.

This board consists of a 3/4" Ply base (ACX) measuring 28"x14" and 3/16" laminate for the cover. IEC power plug, 2 - XLR for OP-1 and 2 - 1/4" jacks for OP-2, 1 - 1/4" for OP - 2, 1 - 1/4" TRS for CC. The pedal board case is some light duty no name from eBay. Not sure on the weight just yet but I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 Lbs when compleet! I also left a solid 3/8" of clearance between the FM and the FC for ventilation!

Edited for completion!

2nd EDIT for updates!

I have added an H9 Max dark! to free up CPU and got rid of the screws to hold down the top cover an added Neo mags as keeps! Also moved the Sure wireless underneath the cover. And for those that are curious to see how I packed 10lbs of crap into a 5 Lb bag see the pic's.

I have plans to build a second board as a minimal that will have a 2 button and a single cc pedal for just the FM!
She lives!20200601_161723.jpg20200601_161751.jpg20200601_161906.jpg20200601_161938.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to wait to post my rig until the FC came in but it is showing it won't be delivered until monday. So I will just post this until it comes in! The board consists of a 3/4" Ply base (ACX) measuring 28"x14" and 3/16" laminate for the cover. IEC power plug 2 XLR for OP-1 and 2 1/4" jacks for OP-2. The pedal board case is some light duty no name from eBay. Not sure on the weight just yet but I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 Lbs when compleet!
View attachment 66411View attachment 66413View attachment 66416View attachment 66417

Dang dude! That’s clean!
Nice work!

I was going to wait to post my rig until the FC came in but it is showing it won't be delivered until monday. So I will just post this until it comes in! The board consists of a 3/4" Ply base (ACX) measuring 28"x14" and 3/16" laminate for the cover. IEC power plug 2 XLR for OP-1 and 2 1/4" jacks for OP-2. The pedal board case is some light duty no name from eBay. Not sure on the weight just yet but I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 Lbs when compleet!
Just make sure you leave enough room on the side for proper ventilation.

Here’s mine 🤘🏽
the moment I saw that bumblebee board I knew I was gonna get it. Happy it fits the G50, I cut 1 of the slats into 2 pieces so it can be on the top row still up to where the FM3 meets & still hide the power stuff under to look cleaner or less distracting lol. Like this I’ll only have the XLR & a main power hookup leaving the actual pedal board.
DBC0CDC4-8046-4F57-BB5A-1F053BAE1D8B.jpeg

View attachment 66411View attachment 66413View attachment 66416View attachment 66417

That came out really nice. I was going to build something like we talked about but I realized my existing board from custompedalboards.uk actually fits the FM3, FC6, and EV-2 beautifully. I’m waiting on some cables to arrive but it’s pretty much done. I’ll put up a pic or two tomorrow.

That came out really nice. I was going to build something like we talked about but I realized my existing board from custompedalboards.uk actually fits the FM3, FC6, and EV-2 beautifully. I’m waiting on some cables to arrive but it’s pretty much done. I’ll put up a pic or two tomorrow.
My FC-6 is due tomorrow by the end of the day! I will install and update pic's!

Here’s mine 🤘🏽
the moment I saw that bumblebee board I knew I was gonna get it. Happy it fits the G50, I cut 1 of the slats into 2 pieces so it can be on the top row still up to where the FM3 meets & still hide the power stuff under to look cleaner or less distracting lol. Like this I’ll only have the XLR & a main power hookup leaving the actual pedal board.
View attachment 66436

Any pictures of the guitar? :openmouth:

My FC-6 is due tomorrow by the end of the day! I will install and update pic's!

Oh I forgot to put up a pic. The mess of cables is annoying but I’ll get it sorted when the new cables get here. The Hum Eliminator is just extra protection for when I’m running into my amps.
9ED51E3F-584E-402D-AC35-74045E360EB0.jpeg

Attachments

• 9F8D3067-ABD7-41BB-AB77-0008E1A38BD0.jpeg
    9F8D3067-ABD7-41BB-AB77-0008E1A38BD0.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom