Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Why not just us your AX3 then?
For my instance it’s the weight and less equipment to carry for out of town shows. For local shows I’ll continue to use my Axe III setup. But for out of town shows and band rehearsals I’m gonna use this setup.

Originally, I was going to put it on a board with my FC-6. I didn’t think I had a choice cause I was thinking I had to set it up like my AX8 rig was. But the FM3 is modular. I can use my FC-6 or FC-12 with it.

FM3 will fit in my gig bag so I can ditch my extremely heavy rack case. I had lower back surgery a few years back and still have a few herniated discs. Too many years of hauling around half stacks I guess.;)

I like the clean look of just a single XLR cable running from my backline to my pedalboard. If I had the FM3 on a board I’d have power, my wireless, FOH connections and my FRFR connections running everywhere like I did with my AX8 rig. I like the clean look of just the single XLR running to my board, FC-12 and expression pedals on my board. Nothing else.

And I love the FC-12. I can do everything I need with 1 push of a button. And with this setup I don’t have to give up any buttons. I can keep my setup exactly how it’s been with my Axe III rig but lighter and more portable for out of town show.

@FractalAudio knocked it out of the park with this modular approach to their gear.

For my instance it’s the weight and less equipment to carry for out of town shows. For local shows I’ll continue to use my Axe III setup. But for out of town shows and band rehearsals I’m gonna use this setup.

Originally, I was going to put it on a board with my FC-6. I didn’t think I had a choice cause I was thinking I had to set it up like my AX8 rig was. But the FM3 is modular. I can use my FC-6 or FC-12 with it.

FM3 will fit in my gig bag so I can ditch my extremely heavy rack case. I had lower back surgery a few years back and still have a few herniated discs. Too many years of hauling around half stacks I guess.;)

I like the clean look of just a single XLR cable running from my backline to my pedalboard. If I had the FM3 on a board I’d have power, my wireless, FOH connections and my FRFR connections running everywhere like I did with my AX8 rig. I like the clean look of just the single XLR running to my board, FC-12 and expression pedals on my board. Nothing else.

And I love the FC-12. I can do everything I need with 1 push of a button. And with this setup I don’t have to give up any buttons. I can keep my setup exactly how it’s been with my Axe III rig but lighter and more portable for out of town show.

@FractalAudio knocked it out of the park with this modular approach to their gear.
Sorry for your surgeries and was just was just curious, for what its worth I have had OHS, so be thankful for your's,
Be Safe and GB...
Best DaveO

Just a quick review of the Dual MOSKY Switch from Amazon, arrived today. Really impressed with quality of this $20.00 part. Packaging was great and switch action ( momentary ) is fabulous. Added my can covers to it, done. Admin had helped me with assigning it as "Stand in switches" and it works perfect. Anyone adding this switch you need to configure for REVERSE polarity in settings.
At $10.00 per switch....what more do you want :) Until I save up for an FC-6...this will have to do for expanded capabilities.

66D3DC32-E195-4620-AA23-95331CB274FE.jpeg

Last edited:
Two of us in the band have been using these with no issues at all. I realize this is not a super high end wireless system, but it works well for all we do, every time. Battery life is very good so far. Have had it for over a year.
I bought a small extension cable to get the Tx onto my strap, as it can precariously stick out in my opinion.
Line 6 just had a massive recall on theirs...check that as part of your research.

More info on my rig:

Board: Temple Audio Duo 24

On top:
1. Line 6 relay G70 wireless reciever
2. Dunlop Volume X (for expression switch)
3. Darkglass Hyperluminal Compressor (amazing compressor by the way...)I am primarily a bassist, and this is normally used for bass. But it can be plugged in to computer and changed to guitar mode or bass mode. It is a hybrid anolog/digital compressor. Very cool gear.
4. Zoom momementay footswitch. For quick mute/tune. Nothing special, just one I already had laying around.

Underneath:
1. Furman AC215 power conditioner
2. Generic LED strip off Amazon. USB powered.
3. USB power hub. It powers my wireless, compressor, led lights, and provides 5v USB power to my side panel. Note: I use a USB 5v to normal barrel type 9v converter cable to get the proper voltage to the compressor pedal. (Works great, and no noise)

Side panel:
1. Temple Audio power module. It feeds AC power to the Furman. Allows me to plug one IEC power cable on side and turn everything on with one switch.
2. USB port. Provides 5v power only. For charging my iPad. I usually set it next to my board with setlist and notes.
3. One xlr port. I have this routed to my Left (Main) output on the FM3. That way my FM3 XLR port doesn’t get the wear and tear of XLR going in and out after everytime I move it. I only do a mono feed normally. 99% of time I just run mono to FOH.

All cables were assembled/soldered by me. I bought supplies at Redco.com.

Also, here is a shot from the underside.
View attachment 65730
Thanks for outlining this. I was just on the temple website planning it out. FM3, EV-1 Shure wireless, and maybe a switch and/or reverb pedal similar to form factor of BigSky (relieve some CPU). Just need to try and think of everything for modules to keep things clean

This is the travel case I'm using for my FM3 and EV2.

It's actually a repurposed case that I previously used with my AX8. I just needed to re-cut the foam to fit.

OMG! Talk about weapons of mass destruction. That case just makes it look so "Jame Bond" serious! Good luck explaining that to the TSA at the airport...! =:·D

Then again, these days, it would just be nice to have such a problem now. (sigh)

My cables came in from Amazon so I was finally able to complete my board. Thanks to Leon Todd who thought this up in the first place.View attachment 66180View attachment 66181View attachment 66182View attachment 66183
I saw when you posted this earlier in the FB group (Hadn’t seen LT’s post in here) & man this looks awesome! I looked these up inline, did you just not install the top part? Also, what is the measurement between the right side of the FM3 & the yellow part on the right. (If I can fit the G50 there instead of an expression pedal I think I’d be set) 😅

I saw when you posted this earlier in the FB group (Hadn’t seen LT’s post in here) & man this looks awesome! I looked these up inline, did you just not install the top part? Also, what is the measurement between the right side of the FM3 & the yellow part on the right. (If I can fit the G50 there instead of an expression pedal I think I’d be set) 😅
Thanks man! I took the slats off the top tier and installed them on the bottom so that the bottom tier was completely solid. I’ll see if I can find a tape measure and l’ll let you know.

Back
Top Bottom