Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Maiden voyage tonight. Small venue, sounded huge!
I'm so tempted to do a simple board like that... having a hard time trying to convince myself I don’t need 20 different fuzz pedals...

LOL @ the Reckless Love shirt!! Didn't know they've played in Australia until now...

Updated cleaner setup. AX8 now permanently resides in the rehearsal studio. FM3 is at home for a while until I get a bunch of presets migrated over. I was able to simplify the wiring because I don’t need the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 any more.

Attachments

• 1DFF6DD9-D4D4-41EC-AC2B-637ED3343B4F.jpeg
    1DFF6DD9-D4D4-41EC-AC2B-637ED3343B4F.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 329
Updated cleaner setup. AX8 now permanently resides in the rehearsal studio. FM3 is at home for a while until I get a bunch of presets migrated over. I was able to simplify the wiring because I don’t need the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 any more.

I’m diggin’ your cab placement. Does the fireplace give it a little more bottom end coupling?

You trying to scare Santa away?

Here we go - first new rig since 2016 (centered around the never fail AX8) featuring the FM3 and FC6. The exceptional power of control and tone have me beyond gobsmacked now that everything is sorted and I've worked out the board layout and now gig tested it. I'll be doing some in-depth discussion of what I do with it but for now... here we go. I did the vinyl wrap... because it's cool. LED lights under the board shift between colors randomly. You can see this rig from space. I did a crappy but effective screen protector I cut from a cheap iPad protector I bought. This thing will be out there doing the work every week for me moving forward.

(LOL - excuse the dog hair and my ugly mug reflected on the screen. Both are unavoidable at my house!)

7elhzUG.jpg

Here we go - first new rig since 2016 (centered around the never fail AX8) featuring the FM3 and FC6. The exceptional power of control and tone have me beyond gobsmacked now that everything is sorted and I've worked out the board layout and now gig tested it. I'll be doing some in-depth discussion of what I do with it but for now... here we go. I did the vinyl wrap... because it's cool. LED lights under the board shift between colors randomly. You can see this rig from space. I did a crappy but effective screen protector I cut from a cheap iPad protector I bought. This thing will be out there doing the work every week for me moving forward.

(LOL - excuse the dog hair and my ugly mug reflected on the screen. Both are unavoidable at my house!)

7elhzUG.jpg

rig looks great Scott
is it your own vinyl wrap or is this a
Chad Boston?

the carbon fibre looks awesome

rig looks great Scott
is it your own vinyl wrap or is this a
Chad Boston?

the carbon fibre looks awesome
I bought the vinyl wrap for the FC6 (I could look it up to remember where) and then slapped myself because I have a bunch of nice carbon fiber vinyl wrap and the experience doing it myself so I did my own for the FM3.

Took the FM3 out for a gig on Saturday, and wowee.. Tones that could fill the largest stadium.. coming from a rig that I was able to fit inside of my backpack. After the gig the other guitarist came over and said 'that's it, im just getting one of those'.

IMG_9024.JPG

I know, the coolest photo of the FM3 yet, haha.

I've been on the AX8 and thought I'd really have to strip down my switching or get an FC6, but the way fractal has done the switching and layouts is just excellent to say the least. I still want an FC6, but then again I share a birthday with Yngwie so.. "how can less be more, if more is more?"

I'm excited to see how the FM3 evolves and I'm already more inspired as a player/musician with this and the III.

Took the FM3 out for a gig on Saturday, and wowee.. Tones that could fill the largest stadium.. coming from a rig that I was able to fit inside of my backpack. After the gig the other guitarist came over and said 'that's it, im just getting one of those'.

View attachment 64846

I've been on the AX8 and thought I'd really have to strip down my switching or get an FC6, but the way fractal has done the switching and layouts is just excellent to say the least. I still want an FC6, but then again I share a birthday with Yngwie so.. "how can less be more, if more is more?"

I'm excited to see how the FM3 evolves and I'm already more inspired as a player/musician with this and the III.

very cool , which amps would you say are your current favourites or ones that
get the most use

very cool , which amps would you say are your current favourites or ones that
get the most use

My go to these days is the Dirty Shirley, I have used one for some recording recently and I really love how it sounds and responds. Cleans up beautifully and when you push it with drives, it screams. But I only recently jumped into the III/FM3 world so I have a lot more experimentation ahead, that's the amp I used a lot on the AX8 too. With the III, I captured IRs of my cabinets and have been using those on the FM3 too. love the new cab block, being able to change the alignment just rules

View attachment 64846

I see you are already using a Fractal EV1. If you have an open pedal input on the FM3 then you can connect a 2 button switch which will give you 2 more switches to use.

7elhzUG.jpg
yeah that's nice!

7elhzUG.jpg

That carbon foil looks sick! :cool:

You gotta stick a mic at the top of the chimney and record it!
Page did that on a few Zeppelin tracks recorded at Headley Grange.

0VcOzTqcPuCp-TLku2KDNNfI3bod55n3y7ZPqc_br-vuuITleHvjdsrC0i4dux9MZ9y8m36xjH5lVbUvRbHGnVlm2A

Back
Top Bottom