Let's see those FM3 rigs!

iaresee

Administrator
Now that they're making their way out into the real world, let's see those rigs coming together! Are you mounting it to a board? Flying free and ultra-flexible? We want to see them in the wild!

(Fair warning: if you want to joke about post your "there's a missing FM3 in this picture" post there's a thread for your buffonery over here. Use that instead, please and thanks. Keep this one for the actual rig pictures.)

I'm not ready to commit to a board. I like the flexibility of running it all lose on the floor. I'll sometimes add a second EV2 and an external, 2-button switch box that drops me into the MLM quickly on the FC6 or lets me tap in a tempo on the fly from the external switches. Totally superfluous most nights though.

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 11.35.17 AM.png

I'm jealous, I just recently put myself on the waitlist. If that means waiting 6 months to a year to be your shoes, so be it. Congrats on the awesome gear people!

View attachment 64202
I have a lot of work to do.
I noticed the Alto speaker. Is that the TS-308 unit? How does it compare with the Friedman FRFR?
Reason I ask is my stereo rig uses the Headrush FRFR12 and the Alto TS308 (The HR FRFR8 was not in stock and the Alto is pretty much a clone)

Used that rig with my AX8 until I sold it and using a Headrush Gigboard until my FM3 arrives. Would be interested if the Friedman is only slightly better than the Alto or a huge difference.

Other than that, congrats on the FM3 and really appreciate all the photos, videos and reviews as I await. The Gigboard is OK but compared to my old AX8, I underwent a "Tonectomy" when it comes to amps and FX. Some excellent IRs I bought from Celestion helps but the effects are far from there compared to the AX8.

To all the early clients, enjoy and look forward to my turn.

it is the 310. I just recently got it to point at my drummer at rehearsals and just brought it home for FM3 day.
I’ll be doing much more extensive testing after my gig on Wednesday (for which I will use AX8).
‘For years I used TS210’s before I got the Friedman. What I noticed immediately is that the Friedman weighs 58 lbs so it no longer comes to rehearsals or gigs, it stays at home. Also it only has a single input. And it is unbelievable loud, so two of them in stereo would be insanity in my living room. 5/5 stars for cool 0/5 for practicality.

I can tell you it didn’t help the AX8 when comparing the units. AX8 with all my tweaked presets into Friedman didn’t sound nearly as good as FM3 out of the box into the Alto.

I'd actually like the FC-6 with the handles. It's hefty and a bit awkward to pick up and put down. I guess I could just put some generic ones on...
the issue was stepping on the top right and left switches were a bit compromised due to the bar. you had to angle your foot a bit, or you'd also step on the bar and not press the button down far enough.

i prefer the change. it was nice to have something to grab. but i grab it twice during the gig (setup and teardown) vs hitting the switches numerous times.

on the FM3, it's not an issue because you aren't stepping on it that high.

the issue was stepping on the top right and left switches were a bit compromised due to the bar. you had to angle your foot a bit, or you'd also step on the bar and not press the button down far enough.

i prefer the change. it was nice to have something to grab. but i grab it twice during the gig (setup and teardown) vs hitting the switches numerous times.

on the FM3, it's not an issue because you aren't stepping on it that high.
I see, thanks for the comment! It looks like there's plenty of space for my foot to stay clear of the bar though, around 4.5 inches of space from the bar to the middle footswitch. That's a lot of room, and I'm used to pointing at footswitches with my foot on a tightly laid pedalboard :p

Back
Top Bottom