Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Love this setup. I do have to admit though, the FM3 screen is impossible to see in direct sunlight. The MC6 I could still see perfectly. Just wanted to note that in case anyone else out there is doing outdoor shows and needs a workaround.

Attachments

• 7CA29DF3-AC0A-4DEF-BBA0-ADEF8D6FA001.jpeg
    7CA29DF3-AC0A-4DEF-BBA0-ADEF8D6FA001.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 206
Here’s my rig. Rockboard Quad 4.1 and Rockboard Quad 4.2 case. Everything is screwed to the board, except for the power supply underneath.

P.S. I know there is a tuner in the FM3, but somehow I like the Peterson more.
How does the FM3 fit the case in terms of height? Is there enough space or does the FM3 hit the lid of the case?

How does the FM3 fit the case in terms of height? Is there enough space or does the FM3 hit the lid of the case?
You have to mount the fm3 to the rockboard as low as possible and without the rubber sides, then there is enough room. Mine is mounted around 2cm from the bottom. Then the top handels of the fm3 are hitting the foam but not the case lid.

Just got this tolex hardcase custom made by a local company here in order to protect my precious pedalboard, which also now has the addition of the Fjordfuzz ODIN pedal. An amazing Fuzz Face like pedal with an octave switch. No wonder why I've been lost from the world playing loads with this set up... :sweatsmile:

View attachment 87061View attachment 87060View attachment 87054View attachment 87055View attachment 87056View attachment 87053View attachment 87058View attachment 87057View attachment 87059

That's a lot of fire power!

Here's mine, which needed to be small to fit in a Corvette, so...

Gokko/Soyan 12" X 18" aluminum pedalboard (with cheap soft case only $60).

TC Mic Mechanic (vocal).
Custom Tube Preamp (passive pups hitting a real custom biased tube for warmth/presence and feel, though the FM3's Amp Block is providing all tone shaping and gain staging).
Behrringer Wired IEM Headphone Amp (no worries about interference or dead batteries, and I'm not going to be jumping off drum risers, too old LOL!).

Custom Patchbay (to save the FM3's connectors from people tripping on cables on blacked out stages!).

The whole pedalboard complete with DIY patchbay and cabling cost around $100 (with cheap soft case), including clockable XLR's and right-angle MIDI connectors, D-Series punched project box, plus the D-Series 5-Pin DINs and XLR connectors, and the D-Series1/4" connector.

The FM3's FAS Link connector is powering the TC, Tube Pre, and Behrringer (total < 650ma @ 12V).

There is also a Mosky Dual Switch that will be dual-locked to the CEBA Screen Protectors assuming they ever ship, right above FC3.

UPDATE: Just got the CEBA shipping email, thanks CEBA!

FC Setup...

FC1 tap controls the Ableton LIVE Looper Plugin's Play Button, and hold the FM3's Tuner.
FC2 tap controls the Ableton LIVE Looper Plugin's Undo Button (PANIC!), and hold Ableton LIVE's Session Loop Button.
FC3 tap increments through the Scenes, and hold switches FX.

The Mosky Dual Switch taps select Auto-Wah and a Big Delay/Hold FX.

Everything else is automated.

Just an example of a non-standard usage, and thanks to FAS for making the FM3 not only sound so good, but also making it be so versatile routing and controller-wise!

Here's the final version with Mosky Dual Switch and CEBA Screen Protectors (sorry, crummy light in studio and cheap phone LOL!).

Expand above for description...

Last edited:
Ok. It’s the last (10000000000000000000) time this year I'm rebuilding my pedalboard….

I got myself an FC6 and witched to OMG9 setup + ext. switches.

The board was built for me by a friend, it's made of thin pierced metal plate and the size is like DUO34 more or less, I also got a DUO34 soft case to pair with it nicely.
The ext. switches currently turn tuner On/Off and amp boost On/Off.
I'm going to add 4 more ext. switches for bank up / down and volume increase / decrease.

20210826_144410.jpg

1BB358D8-17A3-447E-A676-32012F8F2D1B.jpeg
FA777203-6864-4680-852E-72A9AD1F4AE0.jpeg48055C3B-D065-43A0-A0E2-0344A8B345E6.jpeg
BF68E8EF-B1B6-4D2C-9F20-27E7553306E6.jpeg
So I hacked the L6 G10 wireless 😉
External antenna, external LEDs, moved the charging jack, added a 78L05 regulator and caps to run it from DC power, added DC jacks to power the midi mongoose and MC6 ... all powered off faslink 12v phantom

the mongoose switches programs and banks up or down in 5s or 10s. The MC6 just does scenes.

and 13x17 so it still fits in the harbor freight briefcase toolbox.

caught me Ridin' nerdy 😏

View attachment 88030
View attachment 88031View attachment 88032
View attachment 88033
External antenna, external LEDs, moved the charging jack, added a 78L05 regulator and caps to run it from DC power, added DC jacks to power the midi mongoose and MC6 ... all powered off faslink 12v phantom

the mongoose switches programs and banks up or down in 5s or 10s. The MC6 just does scenes.

caught me Ridin' nerdy 😏
This is all really and impressive! That DOD expression pedal is pretty neat too -- I haven't seen one of those before.

View attachment 88030
View attachment 88031View attachment 88032
View attachment 88033

caught me Ridin' nerdy 😏
How do you use your MC6?

I like mine but am thinking of using it like so
I use presets (for each song)
then scenes inside the preset for parts of the song
right now i use my two button external switch to swap presets then the mc6 to swap scenes
i am wondering if i can make the mc6 also have presets (songs) for each song and just i guess bank up on the mc6 and send that bank up to the fm3

How do you use your MC6?

I like mine but am thinking of using it like so
I use presets (for each song)
then scenes inside the preset for parts of the song
right now i use my two button external switch to swap presets then the mc6 to swap scenes
i am wondering if i can make the mc6 also have presets (songs) for each song and just i guess bank up on the mc6 and send that bank up to the fm3
I am using it for scenes right now. I will set it up so the FM3 buttons tap function will be scenes 1-3 (like I have always used) and the MC6 will pick up scenes 4-8 and have an extra dual button for delay hold or feedback tricks.

You can definitely use the MC6 for pages of presets. It just needs midi in from the fractal. There are several posts and videos (search for OMC9) there is even a OMC9 sysEx file you can load right into the MC6 that will give you a layout very similar to OMG9

I wanted presets and scenes at the same time in a small footprint. The easiest way to do that is the FC12. But I had the mongoose already and the MC6 is a cheap and powerful little box.

Back
Top Bottom