Let's see those FM3 rigs!

That's neat! Did you mount the Fm3 with velcro or sth else?

Yep ... heavy duty 3M Velcro. I need a bloody screwdriver to pry it off!

I screwed in the other components though - the wireless is pretty light, but there is a bit of heft to the FM3T and the expression pedal. I thought screws were safer for those ...

:)

Yep ... heavy duty 3M Velcro. I need a bloody screwdriver to pry it off!

I screwed in the other components though - the wireless is pretty light, but there is a bit of heft to the FM3T and the expression pedal. I thought screws were safer for those ...

:)
Saw some washers under the board, did you use them instead of drilling holes?

Saw some washers under the board, did you use them instead of drilling holes

I did both ...

The FM3T and the DIY 2 button footswitch are held in place via washers.

The expression pedal has two holes drilled in the Rockboard at the toe end, and it is held in via washers at the heel end.

I had to find the right type of screws for both the FM3T and the expression pedal - the original screws weren't long enough to get through the "thickness" of the washers and the Rockboard, and then far enough into the devices for a secure connection.

Still, got there in the end!

Last edited:
If you don't want to DIY Otter Custom Design sells something similar-ish (a bit wider) on Etsy (won't let me link, if you go to Etsy, search for OtterCustomDesign, click on their shop you'll find the OCD+ for fm3/fc6 or something along those lines.

Also available with 4 buttons iirc

If you don't want to DIY Otter Custom Design sells something similar-ish (a bit wider) on Etsy (won't let me link, if you go to Etsy, search for OtterCustomDesign, click on their shop you'll find the OCD+ for fm3/fc6 or something along those lines.

Also available with 4 buttons iirc
Yeah, I saw that Duo. $100 is kinda steep. I'm a DIY guy, so I'll just have to find the right enclosure that's similar in size to @Doogz

Last edited:
Do you have any issues / nioses with the wireless under the board?

Funny you should mention that ...

The wireless I have (well, had) was a Sennheiser XSW-2. The body pack was microphonic. As it, literally, is sounded like there was a MIC in the pack!! You could tap it and you would get "donk, donk, donk" coming through the FM3. It did this regardless of whether the receiver was mounted under the board, or if the receiver was just sitting on a desk and not plugged into anything.

It went in for repair and came back no different. I actually had a hard time getting the shop to understand what the fault is - I suspect the distributor either attempted to fix the wrong thing, or didn't fix anything at all (the fault was misdescribed on the repair docket). I think I just got a dud.

Anyway, the shop just gave me a refund and I am going to replace it with a Shure SLX-D.

Back
Top Bottom