Let's discuss how to nail some AC/DC tones, shall we mate?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Posted in lounge about the Schaffer Tower replica and how he uses that now, to get his sound. But what are some other tricks and settings to get his sound? Since we have Cygnus FW, this is a great time to really nail their sounds.

For starters: How to replicate that tower in the Axe Fx III?

Well the Hells Glockenspiels factory preset in the III has the two compressor trick that replicates what the Schaffer does

One cuts the signal and the other boosts it, IIRC

Ah, this is the gizmo Doug Aldrich is talking about in the PG Rig Rundown! Never knew this. Thx.
Put it on the Wish List?

In the Rig Rundown, they said that the amps are biased by ear, though Angus likes them biased so hot that he blows up Plexis every few shows.

Also runs all amps at 236 volts instead of 240, so a little sag.

188993CF-3F52-427A-BF53-F74AE457DCB7.png

Live he is running a master volume now and many of the amps are the 1987 reissues

Just grabbed some pieces from the rig run down for quick reference. Obviously not necessarily same as studio settings.

I’d love to have that tone and spent time chasing it. I play Ibanez guitars with tremolos so I think I will never get there. Isn’t his SG like 80% of his tone?

thanks for the preset. Found it with a tad too much gain. Decreased gain to 2.5 and found it great.
I have some standard level output PU around 9K, so not hot and just with the guitar volume largely enought gain/grit.

Back
Top Bottom