Let's all wish Cliff good vibes and a quick recovery!

I don't know about anyone else but I detected sarcasm there. Sure he wasn't just pulling everyone's leg?

That is what I thought and on his previous post as well but I am not sure anymore. If that was sarcasm maybe he cannot say it right now since everybody took it seriously :eek:ops.

I don't know about anyone else but I detected sarcasm there. Sure he wasn't just pulling everyone's leg?

Yeah, it's really hard to tell if Cliff is being sincere or if it's just more sarcasm, but if it's true I wish him all the best. Kinda puts a little perspective on this whole thing.

Although my sarcasm detector went off when I read his other post in that same thread:

cliffc8488 said:
Yeah, I messed up. It wasn't what I intended. There's nothing I can do about it now. Everyone is pissed at me and hates me. All I can do is say I'm sorry that my remarks were misinterpreted. Sorry.

I made a joke over there that someone must have hacked into his account because it doesn't sound like the same Cliff that posts here. But just remember - no one hates you, Cliff. If anything, this feeding frenzy is all because we love you and your product. Get well!

which part? the ulcer or the surgery?

Both. I think it was his way of saying he's not losing any sleep over any of this internet nonsense.

Of course, if it was a sincere statement, then that's too bad. But I think he wasn't serious.

Cliff is probably laughing all the way to the bank. He has people lined up to buy a $2200 item. How that could give anyone an ulcer is beyond me. Unless he's worried about how he's going to spend the money. :D

Last edited:
The stress of this job has become so overwhelming that I have TMJ and an ulcer.

People on these forums don't realize that when everything is directed at one person the stress can be overwhelming. It's easy to criticize, it's difficult to be the brunt of constant criticism.

Health and family is most important Cliff, everything else comes second. You have created an amazing piece of kit in gen I and apparently gen II is completely out of this world, untouchable. I won't lie and say that I'm not extremely anxious and "want one NOW" but I'm a grown man and can handle waiting a bit. Patience is a virtue, this will actually help some people build character, and hopefully the others that just can't wait they will act like adults and walk away.
The business success you have achieved in a relatively short amount of time is amazing and inspiring -- not many people have the balls to go it alone, I hope someday to hang out my shingle and work for myself... maybe I'll have 1% of the success you have garnered so far! More importantly the HUGE LEAPS and BOUNDS you have made in the guitar modeling / processing space have single handedly revolutionized the business as we know it... anyone who disagrees is kidding themselves. You are kicking the ass of companies 100's or even 1000's times your size who have near limitless resources compared to what you have in terms of capital, investment, manpower, distribution and TIME. I don't think I'm alone in stating that FAS is FORCING the guitar modeling / processing industry forward FAST whether the big boys admit it or not. HD? 11R with expansion pack? -- those guys may not play in the same "space" as the AxeFX, but they sure as hell know your name and your product and what it is capable of. Not to mention the other cottage industry of creating speaker convolution / IR's that has latched on with their own AxeFX compatible products (Ownhammer, Red Wirez, etc...).
I really hope once things settle down a bit you finally get a chance to realize your success and understand how important you are as an innovator and product designer to all of us. I'm just a homebody who gigs every once in a long while, some guys are day in day out working cats, other are weekend warriors but we ALL love music and to play guitar (and are gear-a-holics as well) and the AxeFX helps us do it better.
Get and stay healthy!

Cliff, I am sorry that you are not well. You have created a wonderful product. You are poised to make a lot of money. Why not start delegating? You take care of making a great product and other people sell it for you. Could be a plan? The fact that you have adapted and responded says a lot about your good intentions, but clearly hand-holding and customer support are not your strong suite. Get a pro who will handle this for you, and take care of your self! Best wishes for a path back to health, wealth and the time to enjoy both!

People on these forums don't realize that when everything is directed at one person the stress can be overwhelming. It's easy to criticize, it's difficult to be the brunt of constant criticism.

Your efforts and contribution go so much farther than you (or anyone) can see at this time. Try to let that criticism roll off your back and be encouraged by the appreciation that so many regular joe's, up & coming artists & extremely successful pro artists have for the products you have developed.

I'm sure I speak for the vast majority when I say thank you & take it easy. Try to enjoy this long weekend coming up. We want you around for the long haul!

I own my own business and know a little about the buck stopping here.
But i have never designed a world class product from start to finish. (well seems you never finish with timely patches and service). and can only imagine your stress.
You have held yourself with grace and professionalism. I hope you will take some time off soon to recover and smell some roses.
You deserve it.
Get better soon Cliff.

Cliff-I have been there as well. Wishing you a quick recovery and good health. You will be in our prayers.

Hey Cliff...I got a week at an All-Inclusive resort in Mexico (40 miles south of Cancun in Playa Del Carmen) for 2 you can have (you just have to get the plane fair and pay the inclusive fee). Will do wonders for stress!!! Feel free to PM me.

I think there are many more with you than against you. It's easy for me to say don't let the turkeys get you down, I can only imagine. I think the the success of your work is a clear answer to them. It is clear you have worked your tail off on this company and this innovation and I wish you much long term success and the rewards that can come with it.

Just for the record: he ain't dead, people.

+1

but..

I think this is a good thread to say enough is enough, to be involved with all the stupid threads, comments, people, gets you nowhere..this is a good thread for all the unspoken ones sick of the nonsense to make a point without having to be so explicit and challenging.

I have been reading the forums for a couple of months, but this is my first post. I am one of those anxious customers looking forward to purchasing and enjoying the AXE-FX II, as I've never had an AXE-FX before (was getting ready to buy the Ultra when the II was announced). I recently purchased the MFC-101 and Atomic Wedge so I'm ready to go when the AXE-FX II is available. But I would rather sit here with a useless foot controller and amp and wait for the opportunity to purchase the AXE-FX II whenever it becomes available than take part in posting the negative comments and attacks that I have read. Cliff, I am truly sorry to hear the impact this has had on your health. What should have been a celebration and exciting time for you (and for all of us) with a new product rollout has instead brought out the worst in some. There is no amount of money or fame that is worth your health, so take care of yourself first and forget about all the negativity that has surfaced as a result of those who are either letting their emotion and desire for your product drive them to this or for those who have nothing better to do than complain. Everything I have ever heard / read about you and your company has been outstanding, so rest assured you have a great company, a great product, and an excellent reputation. The rest of it is JUST NOISE! I wish you a speedy recovery, and I will wait patiently (although anxiously!) until I am able to purchase your product.

Sorry to hear that. I know what you mean. I have been working on e-commerce for more than 10 years already. You have to understand that this is how internet works and do not take it personally.

Anytime something goes wrong for whatever reason you will receive a lot of complaints due to the ease of doing it anonymously and without having to go anywhere else but a computer. Some of the people complaining could even be competitors trying to take advantage of the situation.

As I mentioned in another thread it is very important to do a good planning before a product release specially if you expect a lot of demand but I am sure you realized of that already. If it better not to release information publicly than to release something that is not accurate or that you cannot guarantee 100%.

You have to realize that everything you write in a forum or website will be read by a lot of people, and once it is there, there is no going back, because it will be quoted in other forums, websites, etc... really fast. If you make a mistake like the one you did calling some annoying people "indignant whiners", trust me the best thing you can do is delete that thread as soon as possible and any other related to the subject even if you are accused of censorship. I think you already did that with some threads anyway.

It is also very important that when you say something it is 100% clear with no doubt for misinterpretation, you will save a lot of questions from customers. You have to be in full control. If you see in your forums a lot of people discussing about one issue you should address it as soon as possible because if you do not do it it will keep growing and get worse.

So basically to have a forum is a great tool to release information, get feedback about your product and help you to improve it, but at the same time it becomes a place of reunion for your customers and non customers to join forces and complain about anything whenever they feel whether they are right or wrong.

My suggestion is that if customer service is overwhelming for you, you should take a step back and have someone else take care of the forums at least until everything is back to normal. You should not expose yourself to this unless strictly necessary specially if this is affecting your health.

Cliff,
sorry to hear about your health issues :(
I wish you well and a speedy recovery.

Cuddle with your cats, they are great as stress releasers

Per

Hey Cliff - you don't deserve any of the BS. I only hope that you are in a position with your business and finances right now where you can take the necessary time off to get completely healthy. Nobody here needs a freakin' guitar processor bad enough to compromise your health (or anyone else's for that matter). Here's to a speedy recovery.

Back
Top Bottom