Let the price gouging begin….

I did pay $3,339 for my Axe-FX III on reverb because that was the only way to get one in Thailand, July 2018. Do I qualify as an idiot? 🤪

I don't think he will sell it easily, though, because he is only shipping to the US.
Piing,

No, you're no idiot. You did what you had to do because that was the only option at the time. We all make decisions, some good, some bad. It's the bad ones that cost us the most. Hopefully, people will realize the motivation behind the Reverb seller's $3K offer, and just be patient until FM9s are more available.

Only someone very desperate would spend that kind of money, and let himself be charged $3K for something, that if one waits, will cost them about half that plus a few.

Unless someone absolutely needs an FM9 immediately, time is on our side. Not only will you save money, but the charges on your CC card won't look like you went binge shopping.

I did pay $3,339 for my Axe-FX III on reverb because that was the only way to get one in Thailand, July 2018. Do I qualify as an idiot? 🤪

I don't think he will sell it easily, though, because he is only shipping to the US.
Nope, you don't!

I think someone will buy it, disgusting though it is. It’s only been up for 2 days but I’m a little surprised it’s not already sold.

I kinda get it if someone buys it tbh. The FM9 is, I think, my perfect modeler and exactly what I’ve been begging for for years. Literally, years. I’d have seriously considered it if I was faced with the prospect of waiting a year. I am not a patient person. Thankfully I won’t be waiting anywhere near that long (understatement). :)

So while I hate that it’s up for that much, I’m not surprised and I wouldn’t blame someone for buying it.

I wish there was a way we could work within the system to get you one immediately, without all the price gouging that occurs. You are a great contributor and member of the community!

I think someone will buy it, disgusting though it is. It’s only been up for 2 days but I’m a little surprised it’s not already sold.

I kinda get it if someone buys it tbh. The FM9 is, I think, my perfect modeler and exactly what I’ve been begging for for years. Literally, years. I’d have seriously considered it if I was faced with the prospect of waiting a year. I am not a patient person. Thankfully I won’t be waiting anywhere near that long (understatement). :)

So while I hate that it’s up for that much, I’m not surprised and I wouldn’t blame someone for buying it.
I hear that. While patience is a virtue, if anything, the waiting list is teaching me something about delayed gratification.

Like that new phone I don't need, but would like. Like that reindeer head in my living room. Like that crackers and dip cheese board for the family when they visit. Like that taser I'd keep stashed away for special occasions. Yup. Delayed gratification is what it's all about.

There are people with a lot of expendable cash! and they don't care how much it costs they want it now.
For some reason, I don't quite get that. I recall some months ago when the pandemic was just beginning, two young women dressed up like old women complete with make-up, grey wigs, dowdy dresses, just so they could receive the vaccine before their age group could.

If something is in high demand, either the price increases, or a wait list ensues consistent with the original MSRP price. No one could jump the line and receive what they wanted before their time.

If someone wants the Reverb FM9 badly enough, they'll be thinking about it for a few days until they buy the FM9. Sometimes it takes a while for the desire to bloom fully before the CC charge occurs.

I wish there was a way we could work within the system to get you one immediately, without all the price gouging that occurs. You are a great contributor and member of the community!
Thank you :)
I have already received a kind offer to get the FM9, but I cannot purchase it at this moment.
Not a big issue, though. I am very well served with the Axe-FX III until I play again with a band, and I don't think that will happen soon.

For some reason, I don't quite get that. I recall some months ago when the pandemic was just beginning, two young women dressed up like old women complete with make-up, grey wigs, dowdy dresses, just so they could receive the vaccine before their age group could.

If something is in high demand, either the price increases, or a wait list ensues consistent with the original MSRP price. No one could jump the line and receive what they wanted before their time.

If someone wants the Reverb FM9 badly enough, they'll be thinking about it for a few days until they buy the FM9. Sometimes it takes a while for the desire to bloom fully before the CC charge occurs.
What I mean is some people out there just have so much money, when they see something they want they just buy it price be damned! They flat out just don't care and hey who am I to tell them how to spend their money.

If I were worth hundreds of millions of dollars and saw something I really wanted but had to get in a line and waite then found someone that had one trying to make an extra $1,200 I would just buy it. At that point I'm probably making that kind of money every hour or so.

Last edited:
What I mean is some people out there just have so much money, when they see something they want they just buy it price be damned! They flat out just don't care and hey who am I to tell then how to spend their money.

If I were worth hundreds of millions of dollars and saw something I really wanted but had to get in a line and waite then found someone that had one trying to make an extra $1,200 I would just buy it. At that point I'm probably making that kind of money every hour or so.
Yeah, if you think about it, there was probably a time in your life when a whole dollar was a large amount. Then it was 10, 100, 1000, ...

The good/bad news is that there is always something more expensive you can lust over. A $250k super car? A $40M yacht? Spend $2B to go into outer space?

The sky is the limit :)

The good/bad news is that there is always something more expensive you can lust over. A $250k super car? A $40M yacht? Spend $2B to go into outer space?

The sky is the limit :)

That's it. And spending a lot of money in a guitar or in a piece of music gear doesn't mean that you are rich, or that you must be a professional musician. There is many medium-class people that buys expensive cars, even though they are no professional pilots, they are never going to drive in a race circuit, and they cannot pass their city speed limit. In my case, I have an economical car just to bring me from point A to point B, but I spend my surplus on music gear (when the OL allows it :rolleyes: )

Piing are you getting the FM9? How did you ship to Thailand? It will take usually a year before it hits Asia. I am trying to get FM9, while selling my current setup.

Back
Top Bottom