Let a Friends Maiden Tribute Try My Axe-Fx

johnrobbfl

Inspired
I took my Axe-Fx & CLR to a friend's Iron Maiden Tribute band rehearsal tonight.

They could not believe what they heard. They kept it on my Friedman HBE preset the whole time and kept looking over at me in disbelief as it destroyed the Randall it was competing with.

Let's just say there should be a couple orders coming through soon.

Cliff, my commission can be sent to...

Last edited:
Yeah it's happened here in Chile a lot.

They try mine, and then i go to FAS' distributor (sort of) website here in Chile a couple of weeks later, and see things like "The two ordered AXE FX II are finally here" xd

I only use tube amps to practice actually, and use my AXE+Matrix when it comes to an official gig, or an important practice session.

Yup! to a certain extent then you have to get pretty complicated with it in certain songs because of the way the harmony parts are built.

This is one feature that I think needs a section of its own and help from some of our forum experts. I would love to be able to use this for some Boston (or any other) dual guitar parts, but have no idea where to start.

This is one feature that I think needs a section of its own and help from some of our forum experts. I would love to be able to use this for some Boston (or any other) dual guitar parts, but have no idea where to start.

nevermind that, someone must have a preset that they can share! I can tweak it if someone else puts it together.

nevermind that, someone must have a preset that they can share! I can tweak it if someone else puts it together.

I do not shoot for maiden tone but here is my maiden preset scene 6 play the high part and the axe plays the low part(you will have to pick your own ir mine are mix of OH) well sorry!!!!! I was gonna attach my preset but I forgot I have filled my 1 mb off uploader I could email if you pm me or suggest another way to link it.

If you don't have a really good understanding of harmony it can be really head bending. I play solely by ear so I have to pick out the parts then tab them out to see what key and modes they are built in. Then you need to know how to setup the custom scales section in the Axe. Def Leppard's Lady Strange is one example as the harmonies change so you can't use a custom scale without the help of a sequencer to help out with the changes otherwise it's a lot of fancy footwork. Mark Day did a vid on this that showed how this works for Hotel California harmonie parts using Logic I believe to change the intervals, can't seem to find it on YT but it was a really cool vid to show the example.

Back
Top Bottom