Let’s see those Les Pauls!

I sold most of my collection. Rotator cuff tendonitis severely limits my ability to play. I almost sold this one, but as soon as I opened the case I knew it wasn't going to happen. 2017 Music Man Valentine NAMM BFR. Only 92 were made. I have had this for three years and the drop dead gorgeous roasted maple neck still makes me go "wow". The pics don't do it justice.

Attachments

• guitar in case.jpg
    guitar in case.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 46
  • headstock front.jpg
    headstock front.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 46
  • neck back.jpg
    neck back.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 32
Don’t have time to pull them all out, but this little gal has been sitting in a case for almost 15 years with a broken headstock (A barfly tripped over my cable while trying to go outside and smoke between sets). I always meant to get it fixed, but never got around to it. Glad I finally got my head out of my ass and got it fixed.

Had the headstock re-glued, put in OX4 PAF’s and a brand new wiring harness from Throbak Electronics. She always played well, but now she sound sweeeeeeeeeet. Still tight and warm at full volume but even more direct and chimey with the PAF’s. Dialing in Jimmy Page-esque 100 watt Plexi patches on the Axe III and doing everything just by riding the volume knob has been amazing. I’m a happy camper!!

D80F5A74-3B31-42BE-A805-F13B44761D52.jpeg

dont need to have it routed. you but the kit it comes with a shorter alen bolt . no routing required. I have one on my Dean model K usa phantom custom and no routing reqired.

Whether it needs to be routed depends on the guitar and the bridge. The Washburn N4 does need to be routed.

By looking at the guitar at the bridge I bet not as its the same as my Dean. look in to it I bet anything it can be done without routing. Changing out the alen bolt for the shorter one that the kit comes with works wanders. I knw because I put it on myself.

Whether it needs to be routed depends on the guitar and the bridge. The Washburn N4 does need to be routed.

I don't play the N4 very often. I have never taken the time to dial in decent settings with the III. The pickups are just to treble heavy/shrill for me otherwise.

If you ever want to trade it let me know. I may have something you might be happy with.

I don't play the N4 very often. I have never taken the time to dial in decent settings with the III. The pickups are just to treble heavy/shrill for me otherwise.

IMO it's not just the pickups. It's the whole guitar. Swamp Ash body, maple/ebony neck, no tone pot and an L500XL pickup results in treble hell. At least in the bridge position. I once owned a classic N4 in the 90s but sold it because of that. I later found a mahogany version (mahogany body & neck). I like this guitar much better. By far not as bright, but I still changed the neck pickup for a less hot one.

The L500 is what I have in my dean and with tone the pick up is awesome but I can see where without tone it would be a mess.

IMO it's not just the pickups. It's the whole guitar. Swamp Ash body, maple/ebony neck, no tone pot and an L500XL pickup results in treble hell. At least in the bridge position. I once owned a classic N4 in the 90s but sold it because of that. I later found a mahogany version (mahogany body & neck). I like this guitar much better. By far not as bright, but I still changed the neck pickup for a less hot one.

Back
Top Bottom