Let’s see those Les Pauls!

• Dean Dime Shadow ML - Duncan Dimebag pickups
  • LTD EC-1000FM with Evertune - Duncan JB/Jazz
  • Jericho 7 string Fusion Walnut Evertune - Duncan Sentient/Nazgul
  • Jackson Modern Pro Dinky HT6 - Fishman Fluence Open Core Classic

Hard to get them all in the shot, but I'm slowly building up my collection :)

(Sorry for the potato pic, lighting in my office suuuuucks).

IMG_1499.jpg

If you can't tell, I'm pretty much a complete metal-head :)

Also, I have a LTD MH-1000 Evertune on order from Sweetwater just as soon as they get some new stock in

mh-1000-et.png

Huuuuge fan of Evertune. If you haven't given one a try, you owe it to yourself to at least see what all the fuss is about, even if you end up preferring traditional bridges.

Picked up this 656ce Taylor a week or so ago, Checked off a lot of boxes for me I've always wanted a 600 series Taylor as i like maple backs and I've always wanted a 12 string so 2 birds one stone type deal.

DSC01323.jpg

DSC01325.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

DSC01328.jpg

DSC01329.jpg

DSC01330.jpg
I've always wanted to own a nice 12-string but have never taken the leap because I figured I'd pick it up twice a year. That's a gorgeous guitar.

I've always wanted to own a nice 12-string but have never taken the leap because I figured I'd pick it up twice a year. That's a gorgeous guitar.

LOL We will see how many times I play it, I just put fresh strings on it (that was fun lol). But for now I really dig playing it, hopefully I can a 6 string Taylor to keep it company soon.

This is less about my guitar (which I’ve posted before) than about the new pickups I just installed … they’re fantastic!

They’re handmade by Bill Wiggins of wigginsbrand.com; all wood core, hand-wound, and I was able to give him my own artwork – which he etched on top with a CO2 laser.

I spent so much attention on how they would look, that I underestimated how they would totally change the sound of the guitar … for the better.

This started out as a 60th anniversary American Standard Strat that came with Custom Shop Fat ’50s on the neck and middle, and a Diamondback humbucker at the bridge. They sounded good … but I can’t believe how the guitar sounds with the new pickups. They make the old ones sound flat and scratchy in comparison. It’s not a subtle difference; it’s a new instrument.

They really knock me out, and the Axe-FX III loves processing them. Less noise and crackle.

Bill delivers different wind styles – Vintage, Overwound, Texas wound, and Hot – that you can research further on his website. (Mine are Vintage.) Sorry to sound like a commercial, but I’m so happy with these I want to make sure Fractal Folks know about them.

OK – now the guitar … in addition to the pickups, I’ve installed Sperzels, a Super-Vee Blade Runner trem (love it!), found a custom textured pick guard on Etsy that I hand-painted, and a set of glass knobs made by Renee, Bill’s wife. Here’s Windy the Strat (but of course, everyone knows it’s Windy :cool: )

Windy+Wiggins2.jpgWindy+Wiggins4.jpgWindy+Wiggins5.jpg

Last edited:
Are you concerned that that hand-painted guard might live a pretty rough life? Very pretty though.

Yep - I did consider that when I did the painting … you can’t see it, but the acrylic paint is covered by three spray layers of matte polyurethane. That pick guard has been in use for over five years now, and I’ve seen no damage – I mean, none – to my hand-painted details. Noice!

Yep - I did consider that when I did the painting … you can’t see it, but the acrylic paint is covered by three spray layers of matte polyurethane. That pick guard has been in use for over five years now, and I’ve seen no damage – I mean, none – to my hand-painted details. Noice!
Awesome!

Ibanez MAXXAS, 1987 And a PRS 513 Rosewood. With Brazilian rosewood neck and fingerboard. Just 2 of my babies...

Attachments

• E5FA0F0A-3AD9-4EAB-A704-05EF65132D73.jpeg
    E5FA0F0A-3AD9-4EAB-A704-05EF65132D73.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 4979E833-B019-416C-BDBB-9E7BD7BD3929.jpeg
    4979E833-B019-416C-BDBB-9E7BD7BD3929.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 40
Nice! You don't see many MAXXAS guitars... I think they only had Edge trems in 1987, too.
I think the production was limited because they disappeared when the jem/js/ rg took over. Some say it was a kind of pre jem. Anyway it's a nice and versatile instrument. I'm the 1. owner. That says enough!

Back
Top Bottom