Pp2pyOV.jpg

GT11 Tele
ABwefbn.jpg

‘60 Strat HSS MVP
wD6yDf2.jpg

‘62 Tele HH EVH pickups.
Thinking of selling this one or the HSS to buy a Suhr Modern
OiTALbH.jpg

Some new members to the family, both of them corona builds. I started 4 builds last year, I didn't think I would get to finish them before the end of this. And now 2 of them are and the 3rd is in painting.

IMG_20200531_111944.jpg

My take on the Roland G-707, which I've always wanted to have since I saw Jan Akkerman play one in the 80's. Decked out in the glorious red of the Mechanicus Adeptus of Mars. Blessed be the Machine! Has a Fernandes Sustainer driver in the neck and a Lace Sensor Dual Red-Red, cause I had those lying about. I will stick a Fishman Triple Play MIDI system on it, cause, hey, its a MIDI guitar!

I experimented with some new techniques on this guitar. First using stains for paint instead of spray paint. I like using stains now. I think I'm going to use that more often. On the downside, stains look best when the wood has a spectacular wood grain, and the poplar I used doesn't have that. I also used a technique I saw on youtube to transfer the artwork. Instead of using decals as I've always done I used a large printed image (in mirror) stuck that onto wet acrylic paint and after it had dried removed the paper with a wet sponge. In theory the ink would then remain behind. It worked, but removing the paper proved quite a chore, and it also took out a hefty layer of acrylic paint with it, forcing me to re-apply several new layers over the images, to fill them up as it were. Plus the images didn't 100% apply to the paint. Needs more practice I guess. I finished it off with water based poly. Which didn't quite work to give it an overall smooth shiny finish. Also needs more practice I guess.

IMG_20200625_105834.jpg

All hail the Blood Angels, true noble sons of the Angel. With a nasty habit of vampirism and going permanently berserk at some point in their career. But hey, who is perfect in the Warhammer universe? Has an set of active Guitar Fetish Red Active pickups because I had David Gilmour's Red Strat in mind. Again I used stains to paint the body, which on mahogany produces a nice effect. Although I probably shouldn't have used cherry red but the same crimson red I used on the Mechanicus guitar. Ah well, that's what I get for using mahogany because it was cheaper. Just not my favorite wood to work with. This is the first guitar I did where all the artwork has been painted on, except for a few lines on the headstock, done with the same stick printed paper on wet paint technique as the Mechanicus guitar. My brother drew the imagery, I did the lettering. And since my handwriting is usually unreadable even to me I am not that unsatisfied with own work. I mean, I can read it after all!

IMG_20200617_143454.jpg

I've also started a new project, something Les Paulish, cause me and Les Pauls just don't gel together. So I figured I should make something Les Paulish I can gel with. Kinda flame maple top on a poplar body. Will have a lot of crazy stuff as I've been watching a lot of Crimson Guitars build videos lately.

Thought it was show your les paul at first :D
So here they are, I mean the mains

Attachments

• 71499958_2402785816668372_213112879908388864_o.jpg
    71499958_2402785816668372_213112879908388864_o.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 31
Thought it was show your les paul at first :D

I was also surprised. At some point someone changed the title from "Let's see those Les Pauls" to "Let's see those guitars"
OK, here's a guitar... A Les Paul in disguise :grinning:
ex.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom