Let’s see those Les Pauls!

Watching Marco with his Schecters peaked my interest. I had one years ago, it was pretty good. Always wanted a tele thinline type guitar so got this:

y1udecsywz8zunuoewnr.jpg

Flamed Koa body and neck w/ a Bocote fretboard.

Watching Marco with his Schecters peaked my interest. I had one years ago, it was pretty good. Always wanted a tele thinline type guitar so got this:

y1udecsywz8zunuoewnr.jpg

Flamed Koa body and neck w/ a Bocote fretboard.
They have always had an awesome custom shop. A custom Strat from them was my first really nice guitar and I still own it to this day.

I "won" the yellow guitar last week on the auction site. I may have won it but I still had to pay for it! I apologise for the poor photography but it might have been better had I "won" a new camera. They are both Musicman Sterling AX40's. The maroon one has a nicely figured neck that feel's better than the yellow thing. Nice enough guitar's but when I plug one in I seem to just (badly) play EVH type stuff. I think I'll be sticking with my Les Paul's.P1010104.JPGP1010105.JPG

Ive been intrigued by these since they came out at Summer Namm, figured id pull the trigger and grab one for myself to check it out.
Charvel DK24 HH 2pt Burgandy Mist
DSC01071.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01076.jpg
Yeah... My Shell Pink DK-24 wants a friend and I've been seriously thinking about that one.

I was at Guitar Center yesterday (don't ask!) and they had one. Lovely in person.

Congrats!

What is the consensus on the 2018 vs. 2019 Custom Shop models? I can get a deal on a 1959 Reissue but it's a 2018. Seems like people feel the 2019s are "better" for some reason.
I have a 2018 and it’s the finest Gibson custom shop of several I’ve owned. I have also tried several 2019’s and they are great guitars but I think it still boils down to the individual instrument. Can’t really go wrong either way.

Ive been intrigued by these since they came out at Summer Namm, figured id pull the trigger and grab one for myself to check it out.
Charvel DK24 HH 2pt Burgandy Mist

DSC01076.jpg

Oh, I LOVE the way they recessed that jack socket out of the way. I might steal that idea for my own builds.

Oh, I LOVE the way they recessed that jack socket out of the way. I might steal that idea for my own builds.
I have that on my MIM Charvel and it's not that practical for those newer one-piece wireless transmitters, like the NUX B-2. It works but I never know which way to fold the transmitter. I think the jack is fine for cable.

Here's my current setup:

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (Suhr Classic T pickups)
Fender California Stratocaster (Suhr V63 pickups, Gotoh 510 bridge)
PRS CE-24 (Suhr Thornbuckers, although I'm swapping those out for Suhr Aldrich)
Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Mules, although I'm swapping those back for the Thornbuckers)
Gibson Les Paul Junior Tribute (stock)

Pretty happy with my guitars right now, no urge to change. I like to tinker and swap pickups though and so far I've been really enjoying the Suhr stuff. Interested to hear how the Aldrich sound as I don't typically use high output. If I don't dig it, will probably drop back to SSH+ or SSV+ or something.

48849708763_8320a7ec8d_h.jpg

Sorry no pictures yet, ... my humble collection includes:

Anderson Pro Am - white
Anderson Bulldog - cajun red
Jackson Pc-1 - au natural
and a couple Schecters

Bass Fender USA Geddy Lee Signature - black

Henry was a disaster. I will say that the QC on this Collings is incredible. Guitar is flawless.

Much has changed @ Gibson. I'm stunned at the difference in production theses days. With guitars, I am a very historically minded buyer. I've really been blown away with the changes in accuracy with the core Custom Shop models. I have considered trading/selling my older Les Pauls for the new production versions 54 RI, 56 RI, 59RI.

Back
Top Bottom