Let’s see those Les Pauls!

This one followed me home last weekend. I went to look at another LP advertised on the website. Played this one: it stood up, wagged its tail, and barked. ;) 2013 R9, Custom Buckers.

IMG_2636.JPG

IMG_2637.JPG

img_2637-jpg.60025

I will say that the QC on this Collings is incredible. Guitar is flawless.
Collings workmanship is superb. Example: their classic headstock. It looks dumb and simple, but it's not. Those razor-sharp-looking edges that are actually tightly radiused, the tightrope lines — it's not trivial to make wood do that. I'm sure your City Limits is outstanding

1573375525462.png

I wish years ago I had taken more photo's of some of the guitars I have owned.
When I was around 18-19 years old I bought my first new (as apposed to s/h) Gibson LP. A Heritage series standard 80. This I believe was pretty much Gibson's first attempt to try to replicate some of the vintage vibe's of old guitars.
The 4 digit serial number on the back was 2150 should you ever see it around. I sold it after a short time as I never really took to it. It was nice looking but not the one for me. And price wise, I think I could have probably bought 2 normal Les Paul's for the price I paid for it!
(I think at the time we were having home renovation work done, so the back ground look's a bit unfinished).melp18.jpg

When I was around 18-19 years old I bought my first new (as apposed to s/h) Gibson LP. A Heritage series standard 80. This I believe was pretty much Gibson's first attempt to try to replicate some of the vintage vibe's of old guitars.
The 4 digit serial number on the back was 2150 should you ever see it around. I sold it after a short time as I never really took to it. It was nice looking but not the one for me. And price wise, I think I could have probably bought 2 normal Les Paul's for the price I paid for it!
(I think at the time we were having home renovation work done, so the back ground look's a bit unfinished).View attachment 60034
The guitar actually had a nice flame top but this pic doesnt show it.

I bought myself a new soldering iron yesterday. :rolleyes: The wiring in this LP went a bit bad maybe about 20 years ago. And Ive never tried to do anything about it until yesterday. Im going to order some new pot's tomorrow and re-do all of the wiring. The guitar has Seymour Duncan's in it and never sounded as hot as some of my other guitars? Looking at wiring diagram's I think the guitar was wired in series (or was it parallel?) lol, but doing some reading up on guitar wiring one of the ways to wire it looks like it would give less output? I dont really know. :) I bought this LP back in about the early-ish to mid 80's I think? The truss rod cover must have been a spare one that was kicking around as its not a deluxe. It's dirty. The neck pickup is held in loosely, hence it's wonky look. It's a mess but I kind of like it. It has a lot of story's to tell. P1010135.JPGP1010131.JPGP1010134.JPG

(I think at the time we were having home renovation work done, so the back ground look's a bit unfinished).View attachment 60034
Cool story!
I’ll tell you what I wish....I wish that I was into Les Pauls in the late eighties like I am now! When I was in my late teens/early twenties, all I cared about was getting laid and dumping money into my race car! lol....If I knew then what I know now, I could have very easily bought three or four vintage bursts for what I spent on that race car! (that’s when they were still affordable).

Back
Top Bottom