Let’s see those Les Pauls!

I was pleased to give the above guitar away. It was horrible to the touch and not a nice player. When I visit their house I never reach for it. Its funny how some play well and inspire you and other's, well dont.

Bingo!

Plus, if you happen to live close to one of those boutique shops, you can go play them and pick the best of the best!:cool:

I'm about an hour away from Wildwood. It's a good thing - you can try many guitars in a relaxed, small shop setting. (If you walk in the door, you would never know that they have a few thousand guitars available to try.) It can also be painful to the wallet... :oops::)

I´ve been lucky thru the years to have been able to buy many Les Pauls, almost all of them online and all have been great players, i do my own setups the way i like to play LPs.

Currently this are the two i own

27962054108_364e5cca7a_b.jpg

41788235712_0a01da4284_b.jpg

41788233012_e146502d50_b.jpg

What happened to that fretboard? It looks like someone when after it with a screw driver or something.

What happened to that fretboard? It looks like someone when after it with a screw driver or something.
It's been "aged". Shame to do that to what looks to be real Brazilian Rosewood. I LOVE Brazilian Rosewood as a fretboard wood and used to always order my guitars with it. Now you can't get it and I don't like Pau Ferro or Ebony.

Overzealous relic job? I could kind of understand wear like that between the lower frets, but I'm not sure how you could possibly get genuine wear that extreme between the upper frets (and especially past the 22nd fret).

It's been "aged". Shame to do that to what looks to be real Brazilian Rosewood. I LOVE Brazilian Rosewood as a fretboard wood and used to always order my guitars with it. Now you can't get it and I don't like Pau Ferro or Ebony.
Both my 513s (both ‘07s) have Brazilian necks/fretboards. It’s hard to describe, but it definitely has a tone to it. I love it, but man, the price now. Definitely keeping these!

The divots and details where taken from various examples of vintage and hard played guitars, you actually never feel them but the neck overall feels better than new or any other LP i have played, to this date.

Thanks.

One of my friends builds guitars from raw wood, not kits. He made the mistake of showing me pics while he was building it and I had to have it.
Oh wow, that is awesome. I love the sculpted heel and tummy cut, way better comfort and playability. I don't have a lot of meat on my bones and I like my guitar at rib-height, and traditional single cuts really dig in uncomfortably.

Oh wow, that is awesome. I love the sculpted heel and tummy cut, way better comfort and playability. I don't have a lot of meat on my bones and I like my guitar at rib-height, and traditional single cuts really dig in uncomfortably.
Thanks. He based it off the access. I just wish I would have seen it prior to setting the neck so I could have had him install a Floyd. Even though I don't abuse a Floyd like I used to, it seems weird to not have one. I realize this is sacrilege to the Les Paul aficionados.

I've tried a number of Les Paul style guitars but none of them really clicked, until I got this. Not exactly like an LP, but it suits me better. I've done some upgrades / repairs on it... Bareknuckle Abraxas humbuckers, custom wiring with coil-split, in/out of phase, and series/parallel switching. Refretted with evo gold jumbo frets.

It's '79, so four years older than me...

IMG_2029.jpg

My current stable of Les Pauls. I have owned many others, but these are the ones that stuck around.
All have the same upgrades Tone pros locking tailpiece and bridge, Graphtech Saddles, some have Graphtech nuts, all have Suhr Aldrich pickups, 550K super pots,

2003 Les Paul Classic Cinnamon Burst
IMG_5512.JPG
2007? Les Paul Double Cut Faded TV Yellow
IMG_5513.JPG
2000 Les Paul Standard Wine Red
LPS Beauty Shot.jpg
2014 Trad Pro II Vintage burst
Trad Pro II Vintage No Gaurd Speed Knobs.jpg
2006 Standard Faded Honeyburst
IMG_5338.JPG

A195D261-5515-4DDD-85AD-CA5F9F169008.jpeg
My ‘81 Les Paul Custom that I bought on my 18th birthday. When I went to a summer session of GIT 1 1/2 years later, Steve Freeman, my personal instructor had a Kahler whammy bar put on his superstrat. I had them put one on my Les Paul (so it can no longer be stock, unfortunately), but it still plays and sounds great - it just heavy!

View attachment 60018
My ‘81 Les Paul Custom that I bought on my 18th birthday. When I went to a summer session of GIT 1 1/2 years later, Steve Freeman, my personal instructor had a Kahler whammy bar put on his superstrat. I had them put one on my Les Paul (so it can no longer be stock, unfortunately), but it still plays and sounds great - it just heavy!

I remember seeing one of the first silver burst LPs in the shop I worked at in '78 or '79. We thought that was just the coolest finish. Yours looks great.

And in that shop - here's a '59 burst, double-whites. Awesome guitar. It was sold to Steve Lukather - so this is the "Rosanna Burst". Sorry for the poor pic quality; this is a scan of a print from 40 years ago...

2178627647_361ce7774b_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom