Let’s see those Les Pauls!

What is the consensus on the 2018 vs. 2019 Custom Shop models? I can get a deal on a 1959 Reissue but it's a 2018. Seems like people feel the 2019s are "better" for some reason.

Everything about that guitar looks like an LP Custom except the trapezoid inlays......what model LP is it?

It’s a 2007 Custom Classic. It’s chambered and real light. It’s kinda got a 335 like quality to its tone. I’m guessing because of the chambering. Some folks hate the light LPs. I like guitars that sound good without an amp. I think it transfers over when your plugged in. It’s got the 57+/ 57 classic pickup combo

What is the consensus on the 2018 vs. 2019 Custom Shop models? I can get a deal on a 1959 Reissue but it's a 2018. Seems like people feel the 2019s are "better" for some reason.

Gibson's Historic/Custom Shop/VOS/ vintage reissues are pretty much like amp modelers - every year they get more realer. I had a 2000 R9 that was the best Les Paul I've ever played - of course, it wasn't "correct" but whatever.

Personally, I would not part with serious cash for a newish Gibson unless it was a really great deal. They're not like PRS, Suhr, Anderson where you can count on some consistency. Can you get your hands on the guitar before you buy? These CS reissues are not consistent. Back when I was shopping for an R4, I went to the most amazing Gibson dealer in eastern Washington. They had many hundreds of CS Gibsons - it was unreal. They had like a dozen R4s and I played them all - there were very noticeable differences in how they felt and sounded.

Gibson's Historic/Custom Shop/VOS/ vintage reissues are pretty much like amp modelers - every year they get more realer. I had a 2000 R9 that was the best Les Paul I've ever played - of course, it wasn't "correct" but whatever.

Personally, I would not part with serious cash for a newish Gibson unless it was a really great deal. They're not like PRS, Suhr, Anderson where you can count on some consistency. Can you get your hands on the guitar before you buy? These CS reissues are not consistent. Back when I was shopping for an R4, I went to the most amazing Gibson dealer in eastern Washington. They had many hundreds of CS Gibsons - it was unreal. They had like a dozen R4s and I played them all - there were very noticeable differences in how they felt and sounded.
For me, wouldn’t matter which brand it was, I’d want to play a guitar before spending serious cash on one. If I was in Cliff’s shoes, since he’s so close, I would go play a bunch of historics at Marks Guitar Loft, and pick the best one of the bunch! (No affiliation, I just see all the beautiful LPs on his site).:cool:

Agree with this.

I would avoid 2012 reissues; many/most have laminated fingerboards.

2006 Classic Premium Plus (Red)
2001 Classic Premium Plus (Gold)

i think Billy Howerdel from A Perfect Circle and I are the only people that prefer Classics :)

Attachments

• 3577E9ED-F58C-4C45-A35A-0B2DB5264ECB.jpeg
    3577E9ED-F58C-4C45-A35A-0B2DB5264ECB.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2CB7FADF-2017-4005-B2A0-38BF153503A4.jpeg
    2CB7FADF-2017-4005-B2A0-38BF153503A4.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom