Let’s see those Les Pauls!

Ooooh, some sweet Les Pauls here!

here’s mine, a 60th Anniversary R9, hand selected wood, 8 lb 9 oz non weight relieved.

very happy with this one, snappy, fast attack, open and woody sounding with lots of sustain and good overtones. Pinch harmonics are easy and it responds very well to your playing.
The unpotted Custombuckers are great but I just hatd to drop my old Throbak SLE 102 LTD in for maximum accuracy 🤪

I had a few historics, but didn’t miss any one as much as I missed a particular 2007 R9 that I was forced to sell 8 or 9 years ago.

this one more than fills the void!

752396D0-49B0-4504-8770-4FD74F36C2FF.jpeg

8A71418F-A99A-4533-8BF4-A601AC2BF59D.jpeg

5D2436EF-49C9-45B2-8B7F-A2CD2322EC87.jpeg

1973LesPaulCustom.jpg

I've only owned one Les Paul, and it looked a lot like @Fro's. Mine was a '67 black custom, given to me as a high school graduation present in 1976. It was stolen from me a few years later. I'll probably never be able to afford to replace it, but I've owned lots of other nice guitars since.

Last edited:
I don't have anything as flashy as you guys! but I figure I can pop in and show you my guitar. This was my very first electric guitar. For a few years prior I had been learning to play on a barely functional classical guitar. I saved up as much money as I possibly could and finally purchased this LP with my own money....well, I think my mom actually pitched in the last 200 to get me there. I was just starting high school. So this guitar went through a lot of phases of grunge, punk, metal, etc..... and as kids do, I applied a bunch of stickers and paint (cringe) throughout the years. Once I matured a bit I sanded the entire body to get as much residue and crap off of it as I could. The back of the neck is starting to wear from playing it so much (see 2nd pic). This guitar is a workhorse... it was my only guitar for 3 DIY tours and has always been with me for the last 25 years. So yeah! not pretty, not flashy, but just your average 90s Les Paul that hasn't ever let me down.

kbLP1.jpg
kbLPback.jpg

Last edited:
Mine looks pretty, sounds good but is a one trick pony, IMO. Just can't get the front pickups to not sound muddy and the guitar doesn't clean up with the volume knobs, which I've had replaced ...TWICE!! I've had 50's wiring 60's wiring...ughh. I do have a Stew Mac treble bleed laying around, which I should probably throw on the front pickup. At least it would make it versatile. But for b@lls out rock, this thing brings it.
Gibson.JPG

Gaaaaaah you guys are killing me. Want a les paul bad but for that guitar I also needa piezo. I know you can buy one but 7 grand is a bit out of my budget at this time. Ordered an ESP EC-1000 Piezo yesterday to hold me over. The other option would have been a LP standard and just add a tune-O-matic piezo bridge but again not in the budget at the moment. Some day. Nice fiddles everyone.

Mine looks pretty, sounds good but is a one trick pony, IMO. Just can't get the front pickups to not sound muddy and the guitar doesn't clean up with the volume knobs, which I've had replaced ...TWICE!! I've had 50's wiring 60's wiring...ughh. I do have a Stew Mac treble bleed laying around, which I should probably throw on the front pickup. At least it would make it versatile. But for b@lls out rock, this thing brings it.
View attachment 59563
Adam Jones will pay top dollar for that silver burst if you ever decide to sell it! :D

Last edited:
View attachment 59563
Everything about that guitar looks like an LP Custom except the trapezoid inlays......what model LP is it?

the top on that is insanely nice. never seen a quilt go in "waves" like that before!
I know. It makes me think about Bonamassa’s LP he calls “the Claw.” If you look at mine just right, the area behind the bridge looks like X-Men Wolverine’s claws! Beat that, Joe!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom