Lesson learned...

If i can add my 2cents here.
I guess a good wireless is really the best solution ever..
No matter where
Small stage you’ll avoid have your bandmates walking on your cable.
Large stage it give you full freedom

All the cable tricks are just tricks but believe me « this works for metal/punk rock shows » when you get some crowdsurfer coming back and forth you’ll will have have someone pulling your cable really hard at some point and bring the entire rack with him unfortunately

Ordered a 20' cable from them today. Looking forward to see how it compares to the Planet Waves one I have now....
BTPA’s High-Definition cable is about as low-capacitance as instrument cable gets. For a given length, expect the highs to come through stronger than with Planet Waves or any other cable that doesn’t tell you its capacitance.

The ribbon cable of the input board came loose.

I've now attached a very narrow tie wrap.
Glad it was an easy fix. Another good way to secure ribbon cables, but a little messy. Hot glue gun. I did all my pedal board ribbon cables because banging them around kept loosening the ribbons. So I covered the edges with hot glue.

Reactions: yek
Yes. The Neutrik one doesn’t pop when you remove it without first muting your signal chain. They’re very handy.

I've stopped using the silent plugs. The last one that I had would cut out intermittently and it was not the cable connection to the plug. I tried some Deoxit on it which worked for a while but eventually it came back. I sent it back to the manufacturer and they cut me a new cable with a regular Neutrik plug to replace my other one.

I've stopped using the silent plugs. The last one that I had would cut out intermittently and it was not the cable connection to the plug. I tried some Deoxit on it which worked for a while but eventually it came back. I sent it back to the manufacturer and they cut me a new cable with a regular Neutrik plug to replace my other one.
I’ve heard similar failure stories. My three have held up but I’m super easy on cables. I’ve got a cable here I bought in ‘98 that’s still in top notch shape.

I’ve heard similar failure stories. My three have held up but I’m super easy on cables. I’ve got a cable here I bought in ‘98 that’s still in top notch shape.

This last one of mine was studio use only, no stage time. It didn't get abused in any way. Just something faulty in that silent mechanism.

Same here ...my planet waves silent plug lasted a while then the spring loaded part started getting stuck. The internal mechanism too started to fail.

I repaired them myself but got more fragile after each repair and replaced the plug to a standard angle plug.

I've used Neutrik silent plugs on every cable at every gig and session since they first appeared. I've never had so much as a minor hiccup. If there was an official M@ cable, this would be it! The Switchcraft one with the little dot switch is great too. I've got one that's 16+ years old and has seen thousands of uses.

I've used Neutrik silent plugs on every cable at every gig and session since they first appeared. I've never had so much as a minor hiccup. If there was an official M@ cable, this would be it! The Switchcraft one with the little dot switch is great too. I've got one that's 16+ years old and has seen thousands of uses.
Having not known about this product, is this more or less basically a "buy once type of product" to ensure quality and continuity of performance type of product? Trying to figure if this is a pro level item for live performance/usage or a useful type of item for home use.

Having not known about this product, is this more or less basically a "buy once type of product" to ensure quality and continuity of performance type of product? Trying to figure if this is a pro level item for live performance/usage or a useful type of item for home use.
Neutriks are all over pro rigs, both silent and regular. Like @Admin M@ I've used Neutrik connectors for decades with no issues.

It's a nifty plug for sure! I've only had the angled one for my Steiny which has the jack in the back. Great when constantly unplugging and plugging.

I think this constant action makes them a bit more vulnerable than the standard plugs.

Neutrik Silent Plugs are the best, never heard of any issues with them.

@yek - You had just too short cable - in the past I used 10m cable for stages where I was 6-7m away from my rig, in case of longer distance I have extended the cable with additional 6m. Cable fixed on the rig to avoid damage of plug/socket, extender had female socket with click to avoid disconnection. Excess of the cable was convoluted (over/under method to avoid twisting) and laid on the ground near the rig. In case of too much rocking on the stage or just accident there was 2-3m of safety gap which prevent from rig damage or just harming myself during playing.

Anyway - wireless is best solution..

@yek - You had just too short cable - in the past I used 10m cable for stages where I was 6-7m away from my rig, in case of longer distance I have extended the cable with additional 6m. Cable fixed on the rig to avoid damage of plug/socket, extender had female socket with click to avoid disconnection. Excess of the cable was convoluted (over/under method to avoid twisting) and laid on the ground near the rig. In case of too much rocking on the stage or just accident there was 2-3m of safety gap which prevent from rig damage or just harming myself during playing.
Yow. Were you using active pickups? Otherwise, 16 meters of cable will shave significant amounts of highs off of your signal.

Yow. Were you using active pickups? Otherwise, 16 meters of cable will shave significant amounts of highs off of your signal.

Indeed, that’s what I thought too...

Back
Top Bottom