Lesson learned...

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
I usually bring a simple A/B pedal (JHS) to gigs for two reasons:

1) to keep 2 guitars connected
2) as an extender between guitar(s) and the input of the III, giving me more room to move and to avoid pulling the cable accidentally.

On today’s gig I forgot the pedal. So my guitar was connected directly to the front of the III. And I can tell you: this isn’t a good idea on a large stage.

The cable was pulled out of the input in the midst of the performance. After reconnecting all sound was gone. I noticed there wasn’t an input signal so I switched guitars and cables first. That didn’t help so something on the inside (input board) was clearly damaged. I was slightly panicking because my backup gear was in my car far away.

Then I thought of the rear input and I was back in business, thankfully.

While this could have been avoided by securing the cable to the rack, I rather pull the cable from the input and not pull the entire rack case to the floor.

Ouch! That's why I only use straight plugs for that. At least they're more likely to pull out straight.

Hope you're back in business soon.

Hi Yek,
Leaving gear in the back of the car has also taught many a good ( and expensive) lesson!
Glad it worked out.
Thanks
Pauly
I usually bring a simple A/B pedal (JHS) to gigs for two reasons:

1) to keep 2 guitars connected
2) as an extender between guitar(s) and the input of the III, giving me more room to move and to avoid pulling the cable accidentally.

Hi yek,
Speaking of learning lessons - leaving gear in the back of the car has taught many a good (and expensive) lesson!
Thank goodness for the rear input.
Thanks
Pauly

On today’s gig I forgot the pedal. So my guitar was connected directly to the front of the III. And I can tell you: this isn’t a good idea on a large stage.

The cable was pulled out of the input in the midst of the performance. After reconnecting all sound was gone. I noticed there wasn’t an input signal so I switched guitars and cables first. That didn’t help so something on the inside (input board) was clearly damaged. I was slightly panicking because my backup gear was in my car far away.

Then I thought of the rear input and I was back in business, thankfully.

While this could have been avoided by securing the cable to the rack, I rather pull the cable from the input and not pull the entire rack case to the floor.
H

I wrap the cable around rack handle and keep the Axe rack on the floor on the back of the stage. Can't tip over, won't get beer on it, etc 👍

Back
Top Bottom