Less gain in fw15 compared to fw14???

Alexcronex

Inspired
When I build a simple new preset with fw15, I've noticed that there is less gain in the USA lead amps.
Any opinions?

Same here with ac30tb model.. In fw 14 i had the gain at 1.8, in fw 15 I set it at 3.1 for similar result (which is more accurate with the way I'd set the level on my real ac30tb)

"Opinions," not "solutions".

Different interaction noticed here, will have to play more before I say much more

In my opinion you should turn the gain up until it sounds like the way you want it to sound.

Unless there is a bug I think you can always assume any changes are in the direction of greater fidelity to the original amp.

Fw15.2 keeps these amps nice n tight in the bottom end while still getting into chaos territory with gain (IF that's where you want to be). If you're needing more gain adjust the input trim and then "gain" it up to taste. I think this Firmware has been the most impressive change since owning the Axefx2.

The USA Lead is a sick amp sim, but BABY JESUS HIMSELF NEEDS you to try the Citrus RV50 with a bright 4x12 Ultra Res Cab! It's so bang on real sounding it's scary (and arousing ;) )

Same here with ac30tb model.. In fw 14 i had the gain at 1.8, in fw 15 I set it at 3.1 for similar result (which is more accurate with the way I'd set the level on my real ac30tb)

I made the same observation, and noticed it when I installed the 15 public beta; by setting CF comp to about 70% which was the v14 value, I could restore the v14 gain in v15. v15 has CF comp at 0% for the Voxes. I commented on this in the 15 public beta thread...

Back
Top Bottom