Les Paul

I'm looking to buy a LP but I can't get past the weight. My guitar weighs 7lbs including the Floyd Rose but most LP's start at 9lbs without the FR. Maybe I'm getting old, well, no maybe's, but that's a lot to hold for a 4 hour set. Any suggestions?

I played Ibanez, Strat and always had that thought of "yes LP, but it's so heavy"
At one time I said to myself I'm gonna play LP in the band and nothing else and after a few weeks playing I got used to the weight. It's no issue at all anymore.
But you have to leave the others for a while, cause when you pick up the lighter one, your mind will play tricks with you and you gonna compare.
Try it for a month, only LP and I guess you are used on it. And it's worth the sound.

If you have a bad shoulder from a previous accident, and said shoulder becomes arthritic years later, then the weight of a ten pound Les Paul becomes too much - even with the best of straps.

As far as the tuning problems - it's a Les Paul, join the club, haha. Seriously though... get some Stew-mac nut slotting files, roll the nut slots in a gentle arc so that the bottom of the slot on the tuner side is below the point the strings leaves the nut for the tuners to eliminate any hang up. Lube all string contact points with nut sauce or similar product. Try the latter first and see if that helps.

The last 10 years I've been strat only and have presets I've happy with. I've always wanted an LP and finally broke down and got one since the strat was away on repairs for a week.

I got the 2013 standard desert burst and love the feel of it. High gain to low gain leads have come pretty easy and am loving the sound. But I've been struggling with cleans though.

Will have to try some of the tips in this thread with regards to amps (shiva, usa clean).

Any other tips? Maybe on the guitar side.. neck/bridge control settings?

Or perhaps some clean presets that were made w/ LP?

TIA.

The last 10 years I've been strat only and have presets I've happy with. I've always wanted an LP and finally broke down and got one since the strat was away on repairs for a week.

I got the 2013 standard desert burst and love the feel of it. High gain to low gain leads have come pretty easy and am loving the sound. But I've been struggling with cleans though.

Will have to try some of the tips in this thread with regards to amps (shiva, usa clean).

Any other tips? Maybe on the guitar side.. neck/bridge control settings?

Or perhaps some clean presets that were made w/ LP?

TIA.

Do you like the standard PU's of the LP?
I think they sound like if there's a blanket over it.
Changed mine with Burstbucker Pro in neck, difference between night and day.
The bridge I put a DiMarzio Super Distortion in, but that's a matter of taste.

Back
Top Bottom