Les Paul

I just bought mine up 2 days ago. It's not chambered so it weighs 10lbs, and sounds great. It has seems to go out of tune easily, I've slightly opened the nut slots, but need to open them a little more I think.

IMG_0055.jpg

Yes, LPs are great.

PEM-20130530-007.jpg

Great suggestions so far; Marshall & LP go together like bread and butter. This is my R8 going through the Plexi Jumpered 50w.

If you're looking for something a bit lower-gain, on the edge of breakup, I *really* liked the tone of my R8 through the Boutique model.

It's all stock except that I put on treble bleed caps from Stew-Mac
I use treble bleeds in most of my guitars also, since I like to ride the volume control.
But in the Les Paul’s I highly recommend getting rid of the caps and go to a 50’s wiring.

Awesome guitar BTW!

I just bought mine up 2 days ago. It's not chambered so it weighs 10lbs, and sounds great. It has seems to go out of tune easily, I've slightly opened the nut slots, but need to open them a little more I think.

View attachment 17711

I had this problem and I changed strings and used a little chapstick on the nut fixed it right up.

Well I have finally gone and purchased my first ever Les Paul. I got the 2013 Les Paul standard, and I have to say that I honestly had no idea what I was missing.

Congrats; lots of good sounds to be had with a Paul and the Axe-FX II!! I've got a handful and they all have their own voice.

....... do you guys have any other tips as far as tone?

Favorite amps?
Do you low cut any freqs?

Any tips at all?

All the classic combos work even in the virtual digital realm of the Axe.

I love the Splawn, all Plexis and the clones, the Fenders and don't overlook the Komets!!

Clean to distorted; 60's rock, 80's hair metal, 50's jazz, and always the blues. Go for them all and if you don't like it the first time, try it again later!!! ;-p

I had this problem and I changed strings and used a little chapstick on the nut fixed it right up.

"Nut Sauce is the bomb", so I was told...

I got some and confirm that yes indeed, it's properly good stuff :encouragement:

Chapstick might be cheaper though, but it doesn't come with a nice applicator. Unless you go the whole hog with ruby red lipstick of course ;)

I was going to start a thread about this but maybe you guys can answer it for me . I came across a Yamaha SBG3000 in white . Its really a beautiful guitar although it weighs a ton . Does anyone know how this guitar might stack up to a Les Paul . ? I can probably pick it up for around 700 or so . Should I wait ,save my money and get the real thing? From what Ive read the Yamaha is supposed to be a refinement of the Les Paul (which I dont own and have never played). The pickups are spinex magnets , whatever that is .

As mentioned a Treble bleed is a must for me , I only use one on the bridge P/U. Gets too mushy when you roll off the volume otherwise.

Here's a fabulous blue fake:

Agile_zps57b6a5b7.jpg

Agile2_zps43ec75e4.jpg

- Solid Mahogany (weighs a ton).
- Canadian Maple Top
- Ebony Board with Abalone Inlays and Stainless Steel Frets
- Triple bound headstock / body.
- Grover Tuners.
- Knock-off Tuno-o-matic bridge.
- Tusq Nut.

- 235$ + Tax and Shipping (discounted from 300 due to small not very noticeable ding in the lower edge)

- Feels great, plays great, sounds like a Les Paul

- Oooh Wahhh!!

:fatigue:

I use treble bleeds in most of my guitars also, since I like to ride the volume control.
But in the Les Paul’s I highly recommend getting rid of the caps and go to a 50’s wiring.

Awesome guitar BTW!

Thanks!! This thread made me stare at it on and off all day after I took the pic. :D

6L6C-Do you have a link to the 50's wiring?

20130817_195745 (480x640).jpg20130409_185946 (480x640).jpg

These are my beloved beauties The Black Bitch is a Indi Les Paul from England handmade in Korea and sunburst is a FGN relic'59 Les Paul handmade in Japan and Germany - both are better than the usual stock Les Pauls from Gibson.

:p:):p

sorry I just realised - I'll have to make some better pictures...

I'm looking to buy a LP but I can't get past the weight. My guitar weighs 7lbs including the Floyd Rose but most LP's start at 9lbs without the FR. Maybe I'm getting old, well, no maybe's, but that's a lot to hold for a 4 hour set. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom