Les Paul speakers??

klaushouz

Experienced
Ok.. They look cool but there not priced per pair. Looking forward to the review. Here is a link... Pro Audio: Les Paul 6 Reference Monitor
gibson_spkrs.jpg

Saw these yesterday in the gibson room, very gimmicky.

The entire gibson room was a disappointment.
All of the guitars played like crap and there was not a single les paul custom in there.
All low end guitars.

I think they're pretty ugly. The way they’re advertised I can’t tell if they’re marketing toward the studio pro or the Bose crowd. I wouldn't consider the price that expensive compared to other studio monitors but they're not cheap either. I wonder how they compare with other similarly-priced monitors.

Its like when i was a UAV test pilot, instructor and ops manager. 99% of the people in my company making the airplanes and associated equipment have never seen it up close, flying and performing the mission in the global war on terror. Most of them roam carpeted hallways and sit in cloth covered boxes called cubicles and could not care less about anything except their spreadsheets passing muster. They're just working for a buck and feeding the kids. I suspect its much the same way at Gibson USA. Most of the employees there have probably never touched a guitar in their lives. They have a degree in management or HR or some such and are just getting through their lives.

Saw these yesterday in the gibson room, very gimmicky.

The entire gibson room was a disappointment.
All of the guitars played like crap and there was not a single les paul custom in there.
All low end guitars.

That is sad for me to read.
I have two Les Pauls and a Flying V that I cherish they are my best sounding guitars compared to anything else I own or have owned. (As I have stated before on a different thread)
I always have hope that Gibson will look at other companies like Music Man, PRS (to name a few): see the light and get there F###ing act together.

But like a child around Christmas not getting what he or she had in mind, I feel a little sad.
Why do I get sad ??????
Because since I am a Gibson guy, it saddens me the three Gibsons I own are probably the last ones I will ever own.

I have played one of the new Les Pauls it played fine and sounded fine (probably a fluke, and I hate to admit that).

Would love to get some more Les Pauls in the future!! But between the price increases and lack of attention to detail I cant justify it.

And thats what makes me sad, because I know it wont change, if anything getting worse.

OK I have to go get a box of tissues now.

John

And thats what makes me sad, because I know it wont change, if anything getting worse.

I think you're right as long as Henry J is in charge of Gibson. It seems in the last few years Gibson has come out with some pretty ill-conceived products (Dusk Tiger, Firebird X). I'm not privy to the inner workings of Gibson, but I wouldn't be surprised if all of these white elephants originate with Henry's ideas.

Back
Top Bottom