Les Paul speakers??

So since Gibson bought KRK, Henry said, "Let's make a set of speakers with a flame top finish and charge people crazy amounts of money for them! If we charge double the amount KRK would charge for the speakers, people will think they're twice as good!!!"

Henry J.: accomplishing what Norlin could not, brutally damaging Gibson's reputation so that they alienate customers and force Gibson out of business.

/Golf Clap!

I saw these the other day at the Gibson booth...
Gibson owns KRK
So obviously they don't know shit about making studio monitors...they look amazing but given their standards of reference monitors sold to the public... no thanks

I wouldn't waste my money on a product that hides behind a name that has never been known to produce speakers. A "Les Paul" can ONLY be a Guitar. (and of course, the "dude")

I wouldn't waste my money on a product that hides behind a name that has never been known to produce speakers. A "Les Paul" can ONLY be a Guitar. (and of course, the "dude")

Let's not forget the amazing Recording Custom/Triumph bass he made and the contributions to multi-track & effects.

But yeah, making a LEs Paul monitor that had none of his technical input seems sacrilege.

So since Gibson bought KRK, Henry said, "Let's make a set of speakers with a flame top finish and charge people crazy amounts of money for them! If we charge double the amount KRK would charge for the speakers, people will think they're twice as good!!!"

Henry J.: accomplishing what Norlin could not, brutally damaging Gibson's reputation so that they alienate customers and force Gibson out of business.

/Golf Clap!

My hope is that consumers will be smart enough to figure out that these are just rebranded KRK's and that these will not sell at all. The price point they have on these is ridiculous! I assume (I know, I should't) that anyone looking for monitors in this price range would actually do research first and say "Hey..wait a minute. Aren't these just those yellow and black speakers that I could get for $199 a pair?"

I agree on your last point. It may be time to blow it all up and hit the reset button.

I may be wrong but IIRC Henry is the sole owner of the Gibson brand now, there are no other shareholders.

Gibson is the shareholder - they bought ONKYO, Stanton, RKR and Cerwin Vega.....for what? Watch out for the new home cinema system by Gibson......introducing the "Les Paul Home Cinema System, bringing the legendary tone for your new wide 4k experience blahblahblah home entertainment ".....

aaaaaaah!!!

None of this would be possible without the children allowing the use of Les's name for such.

First the Firebird X, now this. I really fear for the future of Sonar.
I hear you.
I am still on X1 and there is no need for me to upgrade till I put together a new PC (plan to do it in the next 6 months or so).
Been using Sonar since 4.xx but not so sure anymore.
May go a different route, in the future.

John

Sonar has gone subscription, I hear. I am still on 8.5 and will stay there until I can't. And yeah, it's a shame for the great Les Paul's name to be on something that gauche.

Back
Top Bottom