Leprous 8-String

puppie

Hey, looking for this fat Leprous 8 String Sound. Any Ideas to get this would be great. They’re using Kemper though. Thx mates

That is a cool trick from out off tune to in tune.. gives a cool effect.

You could try -> "GHoffman's Djent Scenes".. axechange number 7757. I find these very good sounding with my 8 string and alike the sound of your quest YMMV.

Also -> "8 string djent" from MarkTiarra is one I prefer to play with... axechange number 7752

Okay one more ;) "6160 Rhythm" from daon100429. axechange number 9488 really nice preset played with a 8 string.

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
Wow, thx, Mate. I can’t find 9488, what’s the preset name, please. Thx for your kind support.

This is a good example of the combination between a boosted amp that’s not loaded down with distortion and some picking hand work. Sounds like the standard boosted 5150/Mesa tone, not a lot of low end at all and there’s still some clarity on those open higher strings throughout the song. I’d bet the JPIIC+ can get in that territory rather quickly due to the way it saturates.

The tricky part is finding the right amount of distortion where those open notes are still getting some clarity but you’ve got all the saturation so those it’s still sounding metal. Not a lot of mids going on.

And man, that whole album fucking owns. I first found them by coming across the drummer’s videos, that dude is a BEAST!

Back
Top Bottom