Leon's IR demo method works great

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
Got through all of Factory bank 1 in a couple hours, bookmarking the ones I liked the sound of, listening and then marking it green (for clean).

Things I noticed:
* I picked 121 and 160 mic IRs a lot.

* There were a surprising number of little tiny speaker IRs that sounded good.

* One particular 6" 'room' IR was magical when a bit of it was added with virtually any other close-mic'ed IR, and literally changed the sound from a good recording to 'the amp is here in the room'. I found a few more 'room' IRs that were nice, also.

Can't wait to give importing an IR a try this weekend, and import the Weber Blue from the IR pack I bought with the RedWirez mixIR2 plug-in. It's a great-sounding IR, and it will be interesting to compare with the built-in ones....

Made it through the second factory bank and the legacy banks today. Now to thin the herd a bit and bring in the RedWirez ones....

What method is that? Just got my III 4 days ago and coming from a II, the 2000+ IR's are a little overwhelming ..... point me in the direction of this method of Leon's!

BTW, I just found Weber Blue Pups in a Bogner 4x10" over on the OwnHammer site. My Hartke GH410A is loaded with them so it will be a fair substitute for that, though the Hartke cab is more or less the same as a Marshall 1965A cab, rather than open-backed. Loaded all the 121, 160, and 414 IRs, plus the room and mid-room IRs for some "space".

Back
Top Bottom