Leon's FM9 Basic setup and preset ideas

Leon is hands down the best FAS demo guy! His IR's have worked great for me, his presets are always made and recorded through DAW's so they don't always translate to live rig very well. The ones I've tried are thin.

If you all have found some to work for live applications please share!

Leon is hands down the best FAS demo guy! His IR's have worked great for me, his presets are always made and recorded through DAW's so they don't always translate to live rig very well. The ones I've tried are thin.

If you all have found some to work for live applications please share!
I would take the preset ideals he gives and build your own to suit your needs. Different guitars, pickups, rooms, cabs all in play. EQ is pretty powerful tool as well.

@2112 the ones I tried were the Lynch presets you shared and the Slo which sounded amazing recorded thru your DAW but nothing like that loaded into my rig and played at live band volume with Friedman Asm's FRFr's. Very shrill top end and thin. I use a Les Paul and Anderson guitars.

120% appreciate you sharing stuff, just curious if the same preset you record in your DAW for the vids is what you use live?
If yes are you going straight to a FOH or do you use a quality FRFR as a backline too?

Thanks!!

@cragginshred the "Leon's Live" Preset and the variations I outlined in that video are what I use live - you'll notice in those there's a PEQ block making some aggressive high and low cuts as well as some surgical cuts to remove those "icepick" frequencies in the high end. I play those straight into the PA live and monitor on IEM or through an Atomic CLR.

@zerorez at home I'm using Adam A7X's.

Back
Top Bottom