gigawatt

Experienced
Time to make a decision.

1st: The Legend, i.e., The Concorde

zwh8yv66rl3ka8va5mxr.jpg

Or 2nd: The Custom, i.e. Green Sparkle:

s-l1600.jpg

tbx3ralzok3qh5wzdwnz.jpg

Not crazy about the location of the output jack ^, makes it difficult to play sitting down... and you can hardly see the Jackson logo, it's supposed to be gold, but seems really faded, idk.

ruazhpgeasc5v75wkzqg.jpg

Still, look at that fret edge binding... Nice :D

Help me make the choice and take the poll :). Only a couple hundred dollars separates the two.

Last edited:
Don't like the block inlays, pinstriping, or the dull logo decal (it's not faded, btw, it came from the factory like that--I know that for a fact) so my vote is for the 7-up King.

Both really nice looking guitars, yeah that input jack location would not be my first choice.
On the bright side being a V owner myself (Gibson) in a sitting position it will force you to improve your posture (good for the back ;))

But as far as the green V, I really don't like the location of the knobs, the one that really stands out is the second one pretty much located by the bridge and the switch. For what I do it would most likely take me time to get use to that. But that's me.

Don't like the block inlays, pinstriping, or the dull logo decal (it's not faded, btw, it came from the factory like that--I know that for a fact) so my vote is for the 7-up King.

Randy Rhoads Rare | Rare USA Jackson RR Ltd 1992 White Randy Rhoads # 026 of 250 | Reverb:
e68e78b41ef718d8e7a15a1f70b2899a.jpg
Not the greatest of pics :rolleyes:, but the ones I've seen and played looked like this, did a google image search and found both bright and dark logo's. Which is correct? You tell me:
Rhoads_Randy_guitars_big.jpg

I like the Sharkfin inlays better too ;).

Both really nice looking guitars, yeah that input jack location would not be my first choice.
On the bright side being a V owner myself (Gibson) in a sitting position it will force you to improve your posture (good for the back ;))

But as far as the green V, I really don't like the location of the knobs, the one that really stands out is the second one pretty much located by the bridge and the switch. For what I do it would most likely take me time to get use to that. But that's me.

I know what you mean, I prefer this setup:
ezgif-2-454e2e9e56.jpg

The Volume for the bridge pickup is right below it. Volume for the neck is straight left, tone knob on the bottom, and plenty of room for the three way toggle ;) There was one time on stage I was playing a fast and difficult solo and kept hitting the volume knob turning it lower and lower :eek:. Those EMG 25K small pots turn too damn easy :rolleyes:. Good for Cathedral though ;). [When their not scratchy!]

Last edited:

K, 1 for Custom aka "7-up King" ;)

I can’t help you make a decision because they are both beautiful guitars...IMHO.

K, I'll put your vote in for each one ;)

I voted for The Legend. Did I win? ;)

K, 1 for the Legend aka "Concorde"

All I can get from that is "Both really nice looking guitars." So like 200man I'll put you in for 1 vote for each. My first real guitar was a Gibson V, b4 that was a Gibson Sonex; Les Paul shaped with a Strat like pickguard and bolt on {nice rosewood/magogany) neck. It was weird though with a crappy black finish, $200. The V was black too but a much nicer finish, and an ebony fretboard. I put a white Les Paul pickguard on it ala Michael Schenker.

Ok so that 3 votes Custom and, 3 votes Legend... great.

Thanks for the responses! :)

the ones I've seen and played looked like this, did a google image search and found both bright and dark logo's. Which is correct?

The guitar SHOULD have the bright gold logo. When the Jackson custom shop recreated the early logo for some repro guitars in the early 2000s, the decal turned out that way. How do I know? My Rhoads that spends most of its days in the case has that dark/dull decal. ;)

edit:

Not my guitar, but the same guitar from that limited production run....
jcf_rr_frnt_lg.jpg

Last edited:
01.jpg

Below is the one for sale.
ruazhpgeasc5v75wkzqg.jpg

wemlgocb7ljpi07dk9d1.jpg

Why do people take pics of their guitars upside down?
Your "J" is wrong and the bridge is too big, and you only have 2 knobs, you got a fake: ;)
jcf_rr_frnt_lg.jpg

The Sharkfins are backward too.

From the seller:
1992 Ltd Concorde Randy Rhoads #130 of 200 made.
Maple body. Ebony fretboard with block inlays.
Frets in excellent condition. Just cleaned and set up.
Schaller Jackson branded trem. With bar.
Seymour Duncan super distortion in the bridge. Jazz in the neck
Dunlop strap buttons added. Brass relic toggle tip added. Original of both included. All tools included. Jackson hardshell case. There is a finish crack at the first fret. Guitar was checked and xrayed and determined it was in the paint only
This are becoming more and more rare to find.
Ask any questions.

Product Specs
Condition:
Excellent (Used)
Brand:
Jackson
Model:
LTD Concorde Randy Rhoads #130
Finish:
Antique White
Categories:
Solid Body
Year:

Since when does Jackson make pointy maple bodies?

Your "J" is wrong and the bridge is too big, and you only have 2 knobs, you got a fake: ;)

The Sharkfins are backward too.

Heh. You wouldn't believe the controversy about various details when Jackson did that run. People lost their sh!t over every little thing. The other one I remember was that the light colored coils on the pickups were too white. :p

It's actually a great guitar--I just found out the hard way that I'm not a pointy player.

Love the reverse sharkies, though!

Heh. You wouldn't believe the controversy about various details when Jackson did that run. People lost their sh!t over every little thing. The other one I remember was that the light colored coils on the pickups were too white. :p

Reverse Sharkies are cool :cool:

Oh I believe it! Did you know there's a Chinese made Concorde?

I think the only Jackson we can all agree upon is this one:

e1052e8442bfcc95032e6be2aae846c8.jpg

or this Jackson:
MV5BNTY1MzgzOTYxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDI4OTEwMjE@._CR878,111,387,387_UX402_UY402._SY201_SX201_AL_.jpg

and let's not forget:
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm going to have to log in under my old user name so I can vote again and even the score. What was that password? :oops:o_O

Jackson%20Custom%20Shop%208_zpstvyk9riv.jpg~original

Last edited:
Ok 6 to 5, in the home stretch, 9th inning, Come on Cubs!

Anyone else going to vote? You can vote as many time as you want. :)

LOL, I hope you're not really factoring this into your decision.

I'll add that I'm happy with 100% of the guitars I played before buying, but only about 60% of the ones acquired using the internet....although my main player for the past decade was an eBay roll of the dice from an international seller.

although my main player for the past decade was an eBay roll of the dice from an international seller.

See...

Yeah I know it's fiddy fiddy hit or miss, but out of about 30, only about 5 I just had to get rid of, and all but one were still pretty nice, this one black RR1 from Detroit was so beat to s**t I ripped the seller a new one and told him I was going to report him to eBay, he gave me a full refund. Other issues may have been just me being picky but it drives me nuts when the strings don't line up with the fretboard. When one side is closer to the fretboard edge than the other. This happened to me with a couple USA made guitars! Problem is nobody local has any of the guitars I want anymore.

Currently I am in the process of returning an ESP LTD George Lynch Kamikaze 4, it was an impulse buy.
medium.

It may look nice, but the Seymour Duncan "Hunter" pickup sounds horrible, has a peak around 2.2K that's extremely difficult to dial out. The neck has a weird shape too, not U shaped like they say, I don't know how to describe it, I guess kind of like a Strat V neck only not that pronounced, then it turns into a C shape around the fretboard. Wasn't my cup o tea. So I have to ship it from Chicago to San Diego and get an exchange for either a KH (Kirk Hammett) Purple Sparkle w EMG "Bone Crusher" pickups (whatever they sound like) w case, or a KH Demonology w EMG 81/60. I like the latter combo (81/60) and it comes with a Tombstone case!
Edit: The Tombstone case is OUT OF STOCK :(.

ezgif-2-3b01c66b12.jpg

medium.png

medium.png

Edit: Case= OUT OF STOCK.
I guess wifey can forget about decorating the garden this year.

Last edited:
I would like to thank everyone who participated in this survey, you were all given a placebo so your symptoms are just your imagination.

So anyone care to guess what I bought yesterday? :D

Back
Top Bottom