AFIII Legend 100, holy $*%#!

TrickRichards

Inspired
I’m blown away by this one! So much fun to play with this kind of tone. Steve Vai’s tone has this elusive, low mid range magic I’ve never quite been able to get. It’s aggressive, yet smooth. Many amps get too muddy when you boost low mids. The Legacy 100 NAILS it! If you haven’t checked this one out, I highly recommend it! Hear it in action along with some things that helped me dial it in.

Thanks for the advise one the legend 100. Everything sounded great , but being new to the axefx 3 im finding that certain cabs work better depending on your speaker setup.

The Legend 100 is my favorite amp model in the Axe III. Probably because I own 2 Legacy heads so it's easier for me to dial in a tone that I like.
I had thought about getting one my self BUT they don't make them any more so it's like impossible to find a repair guy to fix anything thats wrong.

Great tone! you've nailed it. Thank you for the explanations and for sharing the preset

I had thought about getting one my self BUT they don't make them any more so it's like impossible to find a repair guy to fix anything thats wrong.

I would not be stopped by that. Anyone with the skill to repair amplifiers can fix a Legend 100 or any older amplifier. The schematics and all electronic components for replacement are available.

Last edited:
Thanks all! Really great to see this one resonated. Always happy to share what works well for me but as @hehjr said, certain cabs may work better depending on your setup. I've had great results from several of the V30 cabs, particularly 126 4X12 Citrus Mix and 041 4X12 1960B V30 RW. Definitely worth a try!

Great tone, not sure how much would translate without that well perfected playing and technique. Not to confuse this with a fender twin lol, but seriously not sure I would agree you sound like Vai playing an A5 chord on this or any preset. Not sure why , I thought I was hearing " flying in a blue dream at the beginning. Killer playing regardless!! thanks for sharing

Great tone, not sure how much would translate without that well perfected playing and technique. Not to confuse this with a fender twin lol, but seriously not sure I would agree you sound like Vai playing an A5 chord on this or any preset. Not sure why , I thought I was hearing " flying in a blue dream at the beginning. Killer playing regardless!! thanks for sharing

Vai hasn't played an A5 chord since 1988-9 in his days touring with Whitesnake. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom